Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident with work car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Probably thinks his manager is not allowed to read these forums.... tomorrow's thread :)

I guess every manager who has a 201 Insignia company car will be calling them back to base shortly! :D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I got to page 2 (40 posts per page) and skipped ahead.

You have some sense of entitlement OP...

- YOU decided to go for a walk
    - YOU missed the signs telling you when the place closed
    - YOU reversed into a tree
    - YOU damaged the interior.
    - YOU have serious anger issues. The fact you're allowed behind the wheel of a car (company owned or not) is shocking

How are any of these things the fault of the warden who then had to disrupt his evening to let you out because of your ridiculous carry on. You're lucky he didn't leave you there for the night!
    If you’d read further you’d have seen we’ve got past the explaining phase. Well into taking the pi55 phase now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

nenemcgurt wrote: »
    He should’ve driven and looked for me to tell me he was locking up.

And if you weren't there? If you had parked your car and gotten a lift with someone else? Should he drive around all night looking for someone that may not be there?

And the taking an hour to get there? The PSNI said "He lives 15 minutes away." Great, what if he wasn't at home? What if he was at the gym? What if he was at the kids football practice? What if he was stuck to the balls in the wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭sham58107

Jesus H Christ, this is like dumb and dumber .The OP is dumb , but do people not think the manager was dumber to hire someone like that and give them a brand new car, to go to a different country to collect a part, when he was rushing back to Dublin for " important " meeting.

The manager should take some responsibility for not warning the OP, not to go down to the woods , especially in South Armagh ,full of special branch waiting for Southern regs after dark.

The warden was probably in said pub telling all the locals to watch the lights on the mountain .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I'm curious what was so important that your company had to send someone from Dublin to Belfast to collect it, instead of just arranging a courier.

And also, did you leave this precious item in the car while you went for your stroll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭Penn

OP, not only are you responsible for everything that happened here, but I think you might actually be responsible for everything bad that has ever happened. You are both the personification of "responsible" and "irresponsible". You are Blame made flesh.

If this story is in any way true... wow....

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

AulWan wrote: »
    I'm curious what was so important that your company had to send someone from Dublin to Belfast to collect it, instead of just arranging a courier.

And also, did you leave this precious item in the car while you went for your stroll?

AulWan

Maybe he was employed by an employment agency & was sent by senior management to his line manager who had no say in his hiring... If you were his manager what would you do? sending him to Belfast for a Sky Hook would seen like a good idea to get some peace for a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

megafan wrote: »
    sending him to Belfast for a Sky Hook would seen like a good idea to get some peace for a day!

Go to Belfast and collect a sky hook & a bucket of steam..

“”AND WHATEVER YOU DO DON’T BE BACK BEFORE 6PM””

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Go to Belfast and collect a sky hook & a bucket of steam..

“”AND WHATEVER YOU DO DON’T BE BACK BEFORE 6PM””

Long stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Footage of the OP trying to get to the other forest exit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

Oh come on, I'm calling bull**** on this, the whole thing sounds so ridiculous.

Here's the OP trying to get to the other forrest exit.

Nothing in reverse???

Maybe the op is Nicolas cage, he was gettyhis coke up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Hi Mods
    Is there a way to thank a whole thread ?

Because this one deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Be right back

It says a lot he hasn't posted anything in the last little while..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Love the fact you went from appreciating the lovely view of newry to going absolutely bananas in a car, on your own, in a park, after dark.
    "DAMN YOU WARDEN!!! DAMN YOU!!!...ah, isn't newry just lovely"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Those crafty wardens, out to get us all I tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭This is it

I'd give this thread a tree/10

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bluenose1956

OP must have been watching Michael Douglas in Falling Down. Wonder if he went into McDonalds when he got out of the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

I was involved in an incident in my work car and I am sceptical as to who is at fault.

I was driving my work car, a 201 Insignia, to Belfast to collect something and on the way back to kill time I decided to pull into Slieve Gullion. I parked the car in the car park and went for a walk around. It was 4:30 when I arrived and the gates closed at 5. However I didn’t notice the sign about this when I came in.

I came back to the car at about 5:20 and to my anger I saw the gates were closed. I went to the car and saw a note under the wiper which had been left by the park warden. It said ‘Gates closed, exit on Forest Drive’. So I drove down Forest Drive only to find the gates were shut there as well. I roared “How the **** do you get out of this place” and reversed to car up the back up the hill. I reversed too fast on a bend end the rear of the car ended up hitting a tree, at which point after shouting a few profanities I got out to check the damage. The rear bumper was badly dented and bearing in mind this was a brand new 201 car I was concerned about the reaction of my manager.

I managed to get back up the hill and back to the car park. I saw a sign saying Mullaghbawn and decided that would be the best way to go. I drove up the path where I was walking earlier and had to go about 2km/h the whole way. When I managed to get to the very top there were some great views of Newry but the road became very dark and with the fog my lights weren’t much help. After driving for about five minutes I reached the exit stretch. However when I got to the exit itself to my horror it was also shut. After this I basically lost it in the car and some of the interiors were scratched as a result. I tried to dial the PSNI but there was no signal so after I managed to calm myself down I got out and walked to the Spar in Mullaghbawn were the the PSNI were called for me. I had to wait for almost an hour until the park warden came back to open the gates.

After I was free I drove back to Dublin and observed that there was some bad damage to the rear bumper and also the side of the car as I had scratched it on a hedge fence coming down the road in Slieve Gullion.

Basically I want to know who is at fault here. The warden should NOT have left his office until all the cars had gone, I hold him responsible as he should’ve stayed to let me out. I will tell my manager that this is his fault as I believe it is.

Can the warden be held partly responsible for this?

I blame those fecking nordie trees! :D:D:D

• Site Banned Posts: 24 nenemcgurt

OP must have been watching Michael Douglas in Falling Down. Wonder if he went into McDonalds when he got out of the car park.

I actually got a drive-thru at the McDonald’s in Dundalk on the way back. I deserved it.

The warden just should’ve been courteous in that he should’ve driven around and told me he was closing up and given me a lift back to the car park.

But he didn’t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,578 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I actually got a drive-thru at the McDonald’s in Dundalk on the way back. I deserved it.

The warden just should’ve been courteous in that he should’ve driven around and told me he was closing up and given me a lift back to the car park.

But he didn’t.

Oh you're back, homework,all done? Mammy giving you 10 more minutes online before she tucks you in for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭FluffPiece

But he didn’t.

He should have given you a hand shandy on the way to the carpark also. You should complain about him to the council.

But he didn’t.

You should've left your keys in the car so he could move it for you. Bet you the price of a new bumper he wouldn't have crashed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,596 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Into the sixth page. No one is siding with the OP. I reckon it's unanimous. It's your own fault. Just yours. No one elses. Not even a little bit of responsibility belongs to the warden. It's all on you OP. All of it.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Haven't read the article but these insignias having all sorts of trouble these days :D

https://twitter.com/DubFireBrigade/status/1227678666240425985?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Penfailed wrote: »
    I reckon it's unanimous.

It’s fairly unanimous that this story is fabricated...

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

I am the one who suffered, getting back late and missing a very important appointment.

nenemcgurt... You had time to get off the motorway & get a meal in Dundalk... What about grabing a sandwitch in some service station & carrying on to the important meeting?

megafan wrote: »
    nenemcgurt... You had time to get off the motorway & get a meal in Dundalk... What about grabing a sandwitch in some service station & carrying on to the important meeting?

He went for a stroll around a flipping park, if it was that important he'd have skipped the dogging trip and gone straight home.

Not that this is real, but funny all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭kirving

A couple of years ago, I get a flight from Knock Airport, but came back via Belfast. Got to Knock at 2am to find the car park closed, with no signs stating as much.

I set the car alarm of remotely via the keyfob, and the security guard looked out an upper window, and walked away.

Now that guy bore some responsibility for leaving me stranded, but in your case, not a chance man.

I don't even think you're making it up, it's too ridiculous. You really need to look after your temper.

• Advertisement

This is probably that kid that took daddy's car and crashed it into a parked TT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement