Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident with work car

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 24 nenemcgurt

I’ll repeat some key points:

1. I was told by the warden in a nite that he put on the windscreen that the Forest Drive exit was open. I drove down Forest Drive only to find the gate was locked. I was furious at this and reversed back up the hill a bit too fast on a bend and the rear bumper hit a tree. Once I inspected the damage I got back in and reversed more carefully up to the car park.
    2. When I got to the car park I drove up the Mullaghbawn lane in the pitch black and fog blocking the headlights, after a good long, treacherous and perilous journey I find the gate here is locked as well. So, like any human under that amount of strain, I got extremely angry and some of the interior of the car was damaged as a result.

I am willing to accept some of the blame but the sheer lack of courtesy by the warden is the issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

nenemcgurt wrote: »

1. I was told by the warden in a nite that he put on the windscreen that the Forest Drive exit was open. I drove down Forest Drive only to find the gate was locked. I was furious at this and reversed back up the hill a bit too fast on a bend and the rear bumper hit a tree. Once I inspected the damage I got back in and reversed more carefully up to the car park.
    2. When I got to the car park I drove up the Mullaghbawn lane in the pitch black and fog blocking the headlights, after a good long, treacherous and perilous journey I find the gate here is locked as well. So, like any human under that amount of strain, I got extremely angry and some of the interior of the car was damaged as a result.

I am willing to accept some of the blame but the sheer lack of courtesy by the warden is the issue here.

I’d still love to know how you voted on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

After this I basically lost it in the car and some of the interiors were scratched as a result.

Can the warden be held partly responsible for this?

PScFz3s.gif

Ah God that was brilliant, I’ve read the entire 15 pages of comments on top of the OPs story!! Roaring laughing here , cats looking at me like I mad! Best laugh ever , just what I needed ! The mental images I have of OP smashing up the inside of his car all by himself in the dark - hilarious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭This is it

It wasn't the depths of Mordor you were traveling, young Frodo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

The warden owes YOU no courtesy. None. Nada. Not a damn thing.

YOU, on the other hand, owed them the courtesy of removing your vehicle from the car park by close of business. Aka, 5pm, as signposted.

YOU, also owe them a debt of gratitude for coming back after business hours, on their own time, to release you from the carpark, when they would have been perfectly justified in leaving you there until opening time, the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Surprised you made it out alive op.....

I actually got a drive-thru at the McDonald’s in Dundalk on the way back. I deserved it.

Pulled up at the window and it was shut, started yelling and beating the steering wheel but still nobody came. Stood on the hrn and put my fist through the windscreen. Then I saw a sign saying that McDonald's was closed. I got really angry and accelerated out through the petrol station next door, hitting a car that was filling up, and the whole ****ing place went up like Dresden in 1944! I got out, luckily, but I'm still ****ing starving and wondering is there any legal way I can sue the manager of McDonald's for not letting me know it was closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It says a lot he hasn't posted anything in the last little while..

Smashed his laptop off the wall because nobody agreed with him. Which was our fault, obviously.

It was a work laptop.

This has been such a fun experience.... I'm so fcuking pi#sed right now I'd no popcorn.....

Fcuking backstards I'm going to show them.... Argh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

There are standard parking sensors and reversing camera on a brand new Insignia, really good ones too. To manage to reverse one into a tree you’d have to be a complete imbecile

road_high wrote: »
    There are standard parking sensors and reversing camera on a brand new Insignia, really good ones too. To manage to reverse one into a tree you’d have to be a complete imbecile

Well I wasn't going to say it but....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Don't think the OP is old enough to drive.

I've banned them so they can get to bed now as I don't want them to be late for school in the morning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement