Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO

• 12-02-2020 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭

Hi, I’m thinking of purchasing a HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO. Has anyone used one of these, do they work? I’ve had some issues in the past picking up RTÉ1 on a similar tuner so was looking for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

sean72 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m thinking of purchasing a HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO. Has anyone used one of these, do they work? I’ve had some issues in the past picking up RTÉ1 on a similar tuner so was looking for any info.

I use the Quad version which is excellent.
    I would guess they use the same tuners .... I do not use any of the HDHomerun software so have no idea what that is like to use.
    I have the tuners connected to a tvheadend server which treats them like Sat>IP tuners and manages all aspects of their use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

I use the Quad version which is excellent.
    I would guess they use the same tuners .... I do not use any of the HDHomerun software so have no idea what that is like to use.
    I have the tuners connected to a tvheadend server which treats them like Sat>IP tuners and manages all aspects of their use.

I'm also considering going down the HD Homerun route. Does your setup combine the Saorview and Freeview EPGs ? What platform do you run the Headend server on ? How do you manage recordings, external HDD or NAS ?

A lot of questions I know, but any help or info much appreciated.

MACHEAD wrote: »
    I'm also considering going down the HD Homerun route. Does your setup combine the Saorview and Freeview EPGs ? What platform do you run the Headend server on ? How do you manage recordings, external HDD or NAS ?

A lot of questions I know, but any help or info much appreciated.

I am running the tvheadend server on a cheap ($30) Amlogic Android Chinese box, on which I have loaded CoreELEC.
    CE is a Linux JeOS which is specifically built for Kodi use.

The order of the TV Channels is as specified by me and displayed in Kodi. I have used both a NAS and also the SD card which holds the CE OS.
    Almost any storage can be used.

The tuners are available on the LAN for any connected device running Kodi with the tvheadend client addon running ..... laptop, PC, phone, tablet as well as other similar STB devices etc.

There are threads in the HTPC & Media section of Boards that detail such setups.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=643

It requires a bit of work to set up but plenty help is available.
    The only limitation I have presently is that it is all FTA channels, which is my own choice.
    Once you have good LAN connections all works splendidly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I am running the tvheadend server on a cheap ($30) Amlogic Android Chinese box, on which I have loaded CoreELEC.
    CE is a Linux JeOS which is specifically built for Kodi use.

The order of the TV Channels is as specified by me and displayed in Kodi. I have used both a NAS and also the SD card which holds the CE OS.
    Almost any storage can be used.

The tuners are available on the LAN for any connected device running Kodi with the tvheadend client addon running ..... laptop, PC, phone, tablet as well as other similar STB devices etc.

There are threads in the HTPC & Media section of Boards that detail such setups.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=643

It requires a bit of work to set up but plenty help is available.
    The only limitation I have presently is that it is all FTA channels, which is my own choice.
    Once you have good LAN connections all works splendidly.

It is possible also to add an .m3u file to the tvh server and integrate those chanels into the EPG. Seamless.

It is possible also to add an .m3u file to the tvh server and integrate those chanels into the EPG. Seamless.

I have used IPTV Simple like this ..... I had not realised an .m3u file can be added directly to tvheadend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I have used IPTV Simple like this ..... I had not realised an .m3u file can be added directly to tvheadend.

Add a network .. Pick IPTV automatic ... point at the m3u file and each entry is added as a mux.

Add a network .. Pick IPTV automatic ... point at the m3u file and each entry is added as a mux.

Thank you ..... have vague recollection of looking at that a long time ago :(

Advertisement