Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social housing

Options
  • 12-02-2020 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I'm on my own with 3 kids and renting 7 years and on council list 7 years I've hap ,my rent is 900.my landlord is selling I need to be out by july .all the rent in my area is 1600 and surrounding areas which means I need to come up with 650 pm for rent .its impossible ..I cant move outside the city and move school it would be detrimental for the children and they need to obviously be near dad too.im heartbroken at the thoughts of a b&b or hotel and selling all my belongings. Does anyone know of anyone in similar position that was housed by the council. I'm so stressed at the moment its affecting my mental health

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Mistique wrote: »
    Hi I'm on my own with 3 kids and renting 7 years and on council list 7 years I've hap ,my rent is 900.my landlord is selling I need to be out by july .all the rent in my area is 1600 and surrounding areas which means I need to come up with 650 pm for rent .its impossible ..I cant move outside the city and move school it would be detrimental for the children and they need to obviously be near dad too.im heartbroken at the thoughts of a b&b or hotel and selling all my belongings. Does anyone know of anyone in similar position that was housed by the council. I'm so stressed at the moment its affecting my mental health

I’m aware of somebody in privately rented accommodation who is on the housing list 12 years with 6 children. Sadly the list of those with physical and mental illness is growing all the time, all you can do is submit any reports you have to the housing office in support of your application. As you know we are in a well publicised housing crisis and this is exacerbating matters, My only advice is to keep bidding on cbl, that’s how properties are allocated except in rare circumstances such as disabilities etc. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Feel for you boy,I went to threshold,co council-Cluid( have houses in the city,and more being built ATM) took me a while ( no chance of me ref city council house at the time),ask to be co opted onto Cluid list- a lot quicker than city or council- and nice landlords

Feel for you boy,I went to threshold,co council-Cluid( have houses in the city,and more being built ATM) took me a while ( no chance of me ref city council house at the time),ask to be co opted onto Cluid list- a lot quicker than city or council- and nice landlords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

What's a Cluid list?
    Did you get a house quicker than from the council?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Italix wrote: »
    What's a Cluid list?

They are a private housing body employed by the council also Tuath housing

• Advertisement

They are a private housing body employed by the council also Tuath housing

Not entirely true as in employed by the council, Cluid build on council land, separate bodies altogether

What's a Cluid list?

Go to white st( near old file office) they've their office there( and building apartments nearby) wirth your while to pursue this,I did and I've a 2 bed hse for my son and I( brand new 11 yes ago

What's a Cluid list?

Yes v much so, after an interview 9 months,( pm me and I can ring u via WhatsApp if u like for information etc,)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Yes v much so, after an interview 9 months,( pm me and I can ring u via WhatsApp if u like for information etc,)

Thanks for the offer, I'm ok for a house, I didn't know there was another option for people.

Advertisement