Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MF Fermec 860 digger torque converter

• 12-02-2020 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭

Im restoring a 1996 fermec 860 and everything is looking good except the torque converter.

I changed the transmission oil and oil filter to ATF red and have about 20 ltrs in it. In 1st gear it'll spin the wheels no problem when pushing with the front bucket but in 3rd and 4th it's very weak. The torque converter warning light and buzzer are on constantly too.

Its very difficult to use the dip stick to see what level the transmission oil is at. Is there a special way to measure it?

Theres an oil strainer in the torque converter too that i havent looked at yet. Do they get blocked?

Do i just need to add more oil?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭cjpm

Oil level is very important. There must be a way to check it. Case diggers used to have a dip stick that needed to be checked when it was warm and in 4th gear. The oil is thin so hard to see on a dip stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

thanks

i just dont know the correct procedure on how to fill it...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Farfield

They're a great digger - I have a 1996 one with 2600 hours on it from new and housed all time if anyone interested in buying, very tidy and original. I want to do more drainage work and they just aren't made for wet corners in fields!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

Farfield wrote: »
    They're a great digger - I have a 1996 one with 2600 hours on it from new and housed all time if anyone interested in buying, very tidy and original. I want to do more drainage work and they just aren't made for wet corners in fields!!!!

do you have the operators manual? does it say how to fill the torque converter? thanks

Advertisement