Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If there is another election, will you change your vote?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Another issue that could be resolved by the voters is the gender imbalance. A lot more women should vote for women.

What utter utter nonsense! My god what a statement that is!

I didn't vote, I'd love to have had at least one candidate to vote for that I felt confidence in, but I did not. That's the only reason I didn't. I didn't even have a least bad scenario in mind. Awful state of affairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    the majority would support a united ireland, tiocfaidh ar la:)

When I think of tiocfaidh this always springs to mind

https://imgur.com/a/giJkq0H

satguy wrote: »
    Will vote SF 1 & 2 next time..

Yeh it is cool in Ireland to be a pig ignorant, go against the grain bollix, not saying you are but that's the way it is. Stay cool dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

anewme wrote: »
    That's the problem with the SF supporters. They believe their success was because people want a United Ireland.

I'd say the reality voted them, because they are fed up with the others, a United Ireland might be far down many peoples list of priorities and the majority of people are going to get tired very quickly of up the ra, Tiocfaidh Ar La, etc.
    A lot of people voted SF on the basis of health, housing as major issues imo.
    The majority of people would support a United Ireland and I'm not aware of any Irish Political Party against it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

As there’s always about a dozen on my ballot paper, I’ll always give SF my 1 and 2:pac:

The straight line is handy for Sinn Fein supporters giving there number 1 anything after that could be a problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

votecounts wrote: »
    A lot of people voted SF on the basis of health, housing as major issues imo.
    The majority of people would support a United Ireland and I'm not aware of any Irish Political Party against it.

And others dont believe their economic policies stack up.

But specifically re United Ireland, I dont see anyone else driving the particular Agenda of a United Ireland apart from SF. Who else says Tiocfaidh our la and up the ra?

If they keep up that Ra nonsense, they wont hold onto their new supporters very long.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Hmmm. I thought all the dolers voted for SF according to the boards majority.

We hope it is , I’d hate to think normal tax paying human beings vote for terrorists !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Yeh it is cool in Ireland to be a pig ignorant, go against the grain bollix, not saying you are but that's the way it is. Stay cool dude :)

It's not going against the grain it's telling FF and FG that they work for us and if they don't work hard enough they're finished . We are their bosses not some vested interests.we pay THEIR wages and they'd do well to remember that. Listening to them you'd swear they were doing god's work.

smurgen wrote: »
    It's not going against the grain it's telling FF and FG that they work for us and if they don't work hard enough they're finished . We are their bosses not some vested interests.we pay THEIR wages and they'd do well to remember that. Listening to them you'd swear they were doing god's work.

What ever about sorting the health but supplying more free houses to breed more free loaders ffs !
    Our newly elected sf candidate is actually worse off financially being a td , rather than collecting all her benefits and free house from her 5 kids !

What ever about sorting the health but supplying more free houses to breed more free loaders ffs !
    Our newly elected sf candidate is actually worse off financially being a td , rather than collecting all her benefits and free house from her 5 kids !

You hate the poor I get it. And you should totally vote FG . This week one of their TD's referred to a council estate as a ghetto on twitter.it is clear they have a dehumanised view of the less well off.

• Advertisement

You hate the poor I get it. And you should totally vote FG . This week one of their TD's referred to a council estate as a ghetto on twitter.it is clear they have a dehumanised view of the less well off.

No not at all , anyone working on low wages deserves to brought up to a decent wage , no tax help with house etc
    As do genuine disabled people every help possible !
    Those that choose not to work f.. them and cripple this state with unwanted children !
    It’s very unfair to bring children into that environment !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I agree with you on this. But ffg are currently handing out luxury apartments to the scroungers and many workers are fcuked ! It’s an obscene situation

I have worked every day since leaving school , I have 2 children that’s what I can afford and I would have loved more but I can’t afford them !
    So why should a unemployed person allow themselves to have 5 and expect mr. Tax payer put a roof and educate them !

He is the Chief advisor to the Irish finance minister!!! Lol!!!! How the hell were they thrueimg out so much On welfare increases , with ed as advisor? Give him the finance minister role

Fair enough but Sinn fecking Fein! Could never vote for them whilst the Army council in belfast are calling the shots. My vote would be a betrayal of this great nation that those killers in Belfast despise and wish they could overthrow.

Pity Labour buried themselves as I would vote for a left leaning party myself now. Hopefully Social Democrats continue to make gains

Fair enough but Sinn fecking Fein! Could never vote for them whilst the Army council in belfast are calling the shots. My vote would be a betrayal of this great nation that those killers in Belfast despise and wish they could overthrow.

Pity Labour buried themselves as I would vote for a left leaning party myself now. Hopefully Social Democrats continue to make gains

Social Democrats need to start fielding more candidates

Some people are so butthurt about Sinn Fein you can sense it oozing from them in every post. Can’t go a second without mentioning the word terrorist yet the same clowns were fanning over foster on her publicity run in our national TV the other week.
    Our national flag is unacceptable now too? **** me. Shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

frillyleaf wrote: »
    I think she should ditch people who bring down the party’s credibility. In fact it would show she’s serious about dealing with this type of behaviour.
    I was surprised she didn’t kick out Paddy H for good after his comments. There are some candidates that seem to not understand how serious saying certain things are.
    If SF kicked out every candidate who says something unacceptable or has unacceptable record they will end up with no seats in the Dáil

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    If SF kicked out every candidate who says something unacceptable or has unacceptable record they will end up with no seats in the Dáil

Same with Fine Gael. Also I see Lowery being aired regularly now on all sorts of opinion pieces and TV shows. It seems like history is being whitewashed just because SF upset in the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I won't be voting FF again. Cowards refusing to go in to government. Both themselves and the shinners need to hang their heads in shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Another issue that could be resolved by the voters is the gender imbalance. A lot more women should vote for women.

I'd prefer if they voted on ability.
    Name one good female TD in the last 20 years.
    We had Regina who had a twitter critic questioned by Police.
    We had Zappaone who has decimated the child care industry.
    We had Maria Bailey who apparently can't use a swing but apparently thinks she can be a TD.
    We had Claire Daly who sodded off with her boyfriend to europe for the kaching.
    And lets not forget Mary Harney who gouged at the taxpayers trough.
    Joan Burton who was absolutely useless.
    Now male TDs are equally bad but the women TDs have taken incompetence to a new level of incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I won't be voting FF again. Cowards refusing to go in to government. Both themselves and the shinners need to hang their heads in shame.

Why the sinners? I thought they were actively looking to go into govt with anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    I will vote FG again

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Blazer wrote: »
    I'd prefer if they voted on ability.
    Name one good female TD in the last 20 years.
    We had Regina who had a twitter critic questioned by Police.
    We had Zappaone who has decimated the child care industry.
    We had Maria Bailey who apparently can't use a swing but apparently thinks she can be a TD.
    We had Claire Daly who sodded off with her boyfriend to europe for the kaching.
    And lets not forget Mary Harney who gouged at the taxpayers trough.
    Joan Burton who was absolutely useless.
    Now male TDs are equally bad but the women TDs have taken incompetence to a new level of incompetence.

I think your whole post could be summarized as:
    Name one good TD in the last 20 years

No matter who is named somebody will not like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

No I wouldn't change. I'd maybe make a chance to my NO2 though as I doubt the Neighbor will run again.

I would say SF would increase their seat numbers but would possibly be at the expense of the Greens, PBP and Independents so we could very possibly still have the same situation.

piplip87 wrote: »
    No I wouldn't change. I'd maybe make a chance to my NO2 though as I doubt the Neighbor will run again.

I would say SF would increase their seat numbers but would possibly be at the expense of the Greens, PBP and Independents so we could very possibly still have the same situation.

I'd say they'll massively increase their seats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

I'd say they'll massively increase their seats

Yes they will increase seat numbers by as much as 20. It's where the seats will come from..

Those who got seats without reaching quota will be in trouble but so will Independents and left wing parties who may have scraped in on SF transfers.
    Although you would see an entirety different campaign from FF and FG next time round. There are many holes in the SF manifesto and instead of debating about the past, FF and FG could tear it apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Was away for the vote so not exactly a relevant question for me but i don't think the last few days would hugely change how i would've voted in terms of 1 and 2, but there would be a few changes in terms of preference:

- Labour likely would've got a 3 or 4, but now I'd shift them down further. Outright saying they will sit in the opposition benches without seemingly taking any time to talk to other parties - what's the point in having policies if you're telling me you're not open to going into government to try to enact them? Seems a waste of a vote.

- SF likely would've pretty low down though a part of me was tempted by them due to their desire to take action on housing, but now I'd say they'd get no preference at all due to all the up the RA stuff confirming them as to what i suspected they were

- Not a fan of FF at all, but i would give them some marks for sticking to pre-election promise of not governing with SF. I suspected their hunger for power and tendancy to go where the wind is blowing would've led to them doing a U turn on this. They'd be a low preference for me all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

FF refusal to enter government with Sinn Fein may plunge their vote share even further.  New Sinn Fein followers give their second and third choices to FF. 

FG  and Sinn Fein government would not last.

FF despite what the party association membership says can work together with Sinn Fein. Rural FF voters feel the same about housing, health, and taxes. 

FF needs to be circumspect in what they do next, because their supporters may vote the other way next time and give their second and third preference to Sinn Fein candidates instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Morzadec wrote: »
    Labour likely would've got a 3 or 4, but now I'd shift them down further. Outright saying they will sit in the opposition benches without seemingly taking any time to talk to other parties - what's the point in having policies if you're telling me you're not open to going into government to try to enact them? Seems a waste of a vote.

They will have a new leader next time out. It might give them a boost if its anybody but Alan Kelly.

Advertisement