Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Preview Nights 2020

• 13-02-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Are there any???????????

Last year we had tonnes! We had write ups here and all
    Not a whisper of one this year
    I know they are not everyones cup of tea, but I take them for what they are, a bit of craic, no more no less

Anything???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's ones Dublin in DTwo, The Goat (assume this is the normal one live streamed on Facebook by ATR) and The Mercantile that I know of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

yes rivet i will be atend some of them . my freind will go with me also . look .goracing.ie/racecourses-and-events/events/cheltenham-preview-nights-2020/ if you plesure you will join with us .

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

The Dtwo harcourt street one is on Wed March 4th . Tony McCoy and panel is whats advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

I was looking for this last night and found this list.

I know the link says 2015 but the header in the article says 2020.

https://www.sportsnewsireland.com/racing/racing_irish/list-of-cheltenham-preview-nights-2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

usually a big one in athlone but have not heard anything yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

football hero ian rush atend kildare moyvalley in march the 4 . €10 ticket . we walk togedher never alone hahaha i will go there for TIPS and toast and sing after drinks . you kildare rivet??

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

This is deadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

i have coffe . this forum slow is any in live appz we can talk togedher on?? if have few people in boards.ie we all go kildare march 4 we all VIPS when we say we are boards hahaha if any whatsapp TIPS can people push them to me . my dream to hack GOATS phone hahaha i stay kilcullen kidare on snippets night march .

WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

I think he wants to start a whattsapp group for tips?!

He didnt last long.

• Advertisement

Relentless I'll give ya that

Not my decision but I'd keep you around

I swear I wasn't talking to myself

Well......this took a turn......

TIPSTOWIN is no more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Final Furlong & Betfair Cheltenham Preview Night live from Ascot with Paul Nicholls OBE! :

https://soundcloud.com/emmet-kennedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

maximo31 wrote: »
    Final Furlong & Betfair Cheltenham Preview Night live from Ascot with Paul Nicholls OBE! :

https://soundcloud.com/emmet-kennedy

Absolutely awful stuff

I felt embarrassed for Nichols having to listen to those ' experts' on the panel.And that clown going on about Samcro for the champion hurdle, good suffering jeasous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Do ppl actually still go to these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

lemush wrote: »
    Do ppl actually still go to these?

I've never been, but would love to go to the Kettles one.
    Just can't have a pint and get home from the bastard!

I felt embarrassed for Nichols having to listen to those ' experts' on the panel.And that clown going on about Samcro for the champion hurdle, good suffering jeasous

Declan Rix is an absolute toolbox
    He had no opinions on half the races, and then he tips Samcro for the Champion Hurdle.....
    Why was he there?!?

Agreed Declan Rix was probably the worse panelist ive come across in the last few years. Some of the garbage he was coming out with was embarrassing, shocking stuff!!!

Agree re Rix. Read his stuff on the ATR, for all the content, its basic facts and very little in the way of opinion/angles that would make anyone sit up and think they would back a horse. Very bland.

Rix and his Rixys ratings....

Poor mans Delargy is all he is

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Earendil wrote: »
    I've never been, but would love to go to the Kettles one.
    Just can't have a pint and get home from the bastard!

I went last year and was good craic with Dunphy! (He had no racing insight)

Going this year with a few mates and looking forard to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Daraa wrote: »
    I went last year and was good craic with Dunphy! (He had no racing insight)

Going this year with a few mates and looking forard to it!

Do they do any mini bus runs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Slattsy wrote: »
    Agree re Rix. Read his stuff on the ATR, for all the content, its basic facts and very little in the way of opinion/angles that would make anyone sit up and think they would back a horse. Very bland.

Rix is stealing a living. Any racing fan worth his salt could sit down and write what he writes, considering it’s his full time job he’s clueless. He comes across as an arrogant prat as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Avoid all previews with Emment Kennedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Avoid all previews with Davy Russell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Avoid all previews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Motivator wrote: »
    Rix is stealing a living. Any racing fan worth his salt could sit down and write what he writes, considering it’s his full time job he’s clueless. He comes across as an arrogant prat as well.

100% correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Said the Gold Cup was between Al Boum Photo & Santini, then spent 5mins making the case for Clan Des Obeaux.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Said the Gold Cup was between Al Boum Photo & Santini, then spent 5mins making the case for Clan Des Obeaux.

That’s typical Rix carry on alright. Poor chap hasn’t a clue but I suppose he’s the one laughing at us because he’s getting a cheque for talking nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Only listened to it now wish I had a chance. Sooner he was very sweet on Solo

Little unofficial preview night in Clonmel tonight. Davy Russell, Rachel Blackmore, Mouse Morris organised by Brian Acheson of Robcour. Just starting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Little unofficial preview night in Clonmel tonight. Davy Russell, Rachel Blackmore, Mouse Morris organised by Brian Acheson of Robcour. Just starting!!

Any snippets?

madmoose wrote: »
    Any snippets?

Very little to be honest. Between poor speaker system and lads talking it was hard to even hear anything. Russel and Blackmore went through the main races picking the obvious.
    Mouse has 2 going including Foxy Jack. He didn't speak for long.
    Rachel didn't give much away regards Honeysuckle but she was bullish on her doing well. Again hard to hear exactly what she said.
    Brian Acheson pretty much said Chris's Dream will skip Cheltenham for Aintree.
    Said any jockey he wanted was already snapped up.
    At the end , which i found a little odd , Acheson went over to a lad in the crowd and said something in his ear. The lad then asked Davy about Galvin. Conspiracy me was wondering what was up here!:pac:
    Davy said the usual and said how he was looking forward to riding him.
    Anyone have an opinion on what race Galvin will run in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Galvin runs in the Novice Cap on day 1 according to Elliott

• Advertisement

madmoose wrote: »
    Galvin runs in the Novice Cap on day 1 according to Elliott

He's short in betting for 2 races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

That’s typical Rix carry on alright. Poor chap hasn’t a clue but I suppose he’s the one laughing at us because he’s getting a cheque for talking nonsense.

Like a lot of lower level media lads, he's getting paid buttons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Diarmuid Nolan knows his stuff

Robbed from elsewhere , not sure where it was held:
    Preview night notes & quotes
    More added now
    Panel
    Denis Kirwan (MC)
    Davy Russell
    Andy McNamara
    Gary O'Brien
    Gavin Lynch
    Brian Flanagan
    Rob Catterson

Supreme Novice Hurdle
    Davy Russell

"Envoi Allen left in only precautionary. I cannot understand how Asterion Forlonge is double the price of Shishkin based on what they've done."
    "Envoi Allen is just a better horse than Abacadabras. Simple."

Gary O'Brien
    "If so had to back one at the prices it would be Abacadbras, real solid form and should be bang in the mix."

Gavin Lynch
    "I'd be all against Abacadabras at the track. Cheltenham tends to get travelly types beaten. If you got 3/1 Shishkin in the day you would be doing alright."

Arkle Novice Chase
    Davy Russell
    "Notebook's jumping is exceptional. He nearly ended up in Wicklow before even starting at Leopardstown LTO. If he starts those antics at Cheltenham he'll make it difficult on himself. They're talking about a hood."

Gary O'Brien
    "Cash Back looks abit flakey. Might get taken on for the lead. Notebook and Fakir D'Oudaries set the standard."

Andy McNamara
    "I've a fear of Notebook jumping out to the right. Cash Back looks a proper two miler. Danny Mullins will give you a real run for your money."

Brian Flanagan
    "I'm going to maybe give Brewinupastorm a squeak."

Davy Russell
    "Don't do it !" ��

Gavin Lynch
    "I'm hearing Fakir D'Oudaries is working very well at home."

Rob Catterson
    "Fakir D'Oudaries the banker of the week. He's head and shoulders above the rest."

Champion Hurdle
    Davy Russell
    "Not So Sleepy will run. He will go like the bloody clappers and whatever catches him might be doing well. Could be huge value each way."

"I ride Coeur Sublime. If you were to see him at home lately you would think he would win the Champion Hurdle. He's had a wind op since his last run."

Gary O'Brien
    "I think Pentland Hills could put in a career best here. Nico may have to play his hand late. Almost like Paul Carberry on Harchibald. I think he may have had a wee wind op since Haydock."

Davy Russell on talks of Envoi Allen being supplemented
    "I wasn't involved in any talks of it anyway. I think if the Coronavirus was going to call off the Wednesday, they might chance it." ��

Brian Flanagan
    "It's a terrible Champion Hurdle. They should definitely by running Honeysuckle in this."

Gavin Lynch
    "13 months ago, I got a text to back Darver Star in a maiden hurdle and it finished fourth. Then it goes and wins a handicap off 105. Just shows how much a horse can improve." ��

Rob Catterson
    "Supersundae represents the real value in the Champion Hurdle."

Mares Hurdle
    Davy Russell
    "I don't know if Benie Des Dieux is as good at Cheltenham as anywhere else."

"If the best trainer that ever put on a pair of shoes (Willie Mullins) runs a mare like Benie Des Dieux in the mares hurdle, I think there maybe something amiss."

"If the two mares run against each other in this (Benie Des Dieux vs Honeysuckle). I think Honeysuckle will beat her."

Gary O'Brien
    "I would back Benie Des Dieux to beat Paisley Park in the stayers but not to beat Honeysuckle in the mares."

On a second general election ���� ����

Davy Russell

"For the sake of Horse Racing, do NOT vote Sinn Fein. I might run in Cork South."��

Ryanair Chase
    Gary O'Brien

"Riders on The Storm is three from three for Nigel Twiston Davies. He looks really progressive and might be good enough if Ascot hasn't left it's mark."

Davy Russell
    "A Plus Tard looks solid and wouldn't be out of place in the Queen Mother."

Gavin Lynch
    "Min has been to Cheltenham three times and has also seen Altior's backside three times. A Plus Tard for me."

Champion Bumper
    Davy Russell on Appreciate It

"Ohh boy is he a good horse".

Davy Russell to Rob Catterson
    "Under what circumstances could you advise punters to back Duc De Genievres for the Ryanair. He hasn't a hope in hell."

Davy Russell

"Gordon's filly that won at Gowran might have a squeak." Queensbrook

Stayers Hurdle
    Gary O'Brien

"If Benie Des Dieux runs here, I will back her to beat Paisley Park."

Andy McNamara
    "Paisley Park reminds me very much of Big Bucks. Gets a nudge, gets a nudge and eventually and picks up. Won't be beaten I'd say."

Marsh Chase
    Davy Russell on Allaho

"I tried my best to follow him at Fairyhouse and couldn't get near him. He's a very talented horse and I'd be confident if he ran here he'd win."

Andrew McNamara
    "Allaho looks made for the Marsh Chase. I'd like to see him run there."

Davy Russell
    "Samcro's homework shall we say is good." ��

Andrew McNamara on Faugheen

"I'd say it's likely he WILL run at Cheltenham. Why wouldn't he?"

RSA & Marsh Chase
    Gary O'Brien

"The RSA is all about Minella Indo. Hopefully Allaho goes for the Marsh Chase and we can back them seperately."

Gavin Lynch

"I like Allaho if he goes for the Marsh Chase. Copperhead would have a real chance if he goes RSA."

National Hunt Chase

Brian Flanagan

"Carefully Selected fell in the last day. Champagne Classic is one of my naps of the week."

Davy Russell on Carefully Selected
    "I don't he'll get around."

Triumph Hurdle

Gary O'Brien
    "I liked Aspire Tower but I'm gone very watery since the Solo win on Saturday."

Davy Russell
    "I wouldn't put anyone off having a few quid on Sir Psycho."

Triumph Hurdle
    Brian Flanagan

"The English do win the odd few races at Cheltenham and they might win this with Solo."

Albert Bartlett Novice
    Brian Flanagan

"Monkfish looks the stand out bet of the week."

Gavin Lynch
    "Gears doesn't usually win this race. I'd be worried about stamina for Thyme Hill."

Gary O'Brien
    "Extraordinary confidence for Monkfish in the Mullins camp. On value grounds Thyme Hill looks the bet at 9/2."

Handicaps

Davy Russell

"Relegate has snuck into the Pertemps nicely."
    I'd say Canardier is a talented."

Davy on Galvin
    "I was very disappointed with him behind Ronald Pump. He's worked grand lately."

on Chosen Mate
    "I can't figure him out. Don't know what trip he wants. Everytime you fancy him he flops, everytime you don't he wins."

The Storyteller

"There is nothing up the slieve with him. What you see is what you get."

Brian Flanagan

1. Simply The Bets
    2. Column Of Fire (Martin Pipe)
    3. Aramon (County Hurdle)

Rob Catterson
    "There has been a few quid around the Offaly shops for Shane Lowry's horse in the boodles."

Rob Catterson

1. Precious Cargo (Novice Handicap)
    2. Relegate (Pertemps)
    3. Tronador (Boodles)

Gary O'Brien

"The stand out would be Relegate off bottom weight. She looks one of the best handicapped horses going to Cheltenham."

Andrew McNamara

"Charles Byrnes horse Thosedaysaregone could have more improvement to come."

Charity Bets

Gary O'Brien - Minella Indo (RSA)
    Davy Russell - Defi Du Seuil (CC)
    Brian Flanagan - Asterion Forlonge
    Andrew McNamara - Honeysuckle wherever she goes.

Gold Cup ��

Rob Catterson
    "If I had to pick one horse that can't win at Cheltenham, it's Santini. He's just so slow."

Gavin Lynch

"I'd be all over Al Boum Photo. Willie is the master and will have him ready. I'm going to have a decent bet here."

Brian Flanagan

"It's a game of opinions. Any horse that wins a King George by 27 lengths shouldn't be 9/1 for a Cheltenham Gold Cup. Clan Des Obeaux looks value."

Andrew McNamara

"Delta Work won with 10 pounds in hand at Leopardstown. Jack was as excited as I've ever seen him."

Davy Russell

"Presenting Percy needs to improve and that's it. It's a brilliant Gold Cup but Delta Work is the horse I think. "

"Don't be quick to dismiss Bristol De Mai who finished 3rd last year."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCXuggGdn60&feature=youtu.be&has_verified=1

This has Rebecca Curtis. Enough said!!
    And Leonna Mayor...

Borrowed again :
    Cheltenham Preview night, Larry Tomkins Sportspub, Cork

Panel : Tony Mullins (TM), Brian Cooper (BC) , John Dinnen (JD - bookie with plot at Cheltenham) Hosted by Joe Seward

Supreme Novices :
    TM -> Closutton talking up other horses rather than Asterion Forlong, fancies Shishkin

BC - > Abracadabras more of a speed type and you need a stayer here, huge fan of Asterion Forlonge, thinks it’ll bounce out and make all

JD -> Tricky race, likes Chantry House of JP’s thinks it can beat Shishkin, also said that he heard that Sporting John definitely goes Ballymore

Arkle :

TM : Notebook his lay of the meeting, German bred horse whose type are known to be buzzy, won’t beat the ambulance. Said he’d go as far as to say he’s an each-way lay cert. Thinks its between CashBack and Fakir Doudaires

BC : Big negative for Notebook, says the ground will definitely be soft/heavy and he fancies Fakir Doudaires and Rouge Vif on heavy ground each-way

JD : at 6/1 Fakir Doudaires is his bet of the meeting!!

Champion Hurdle :

TM : Benie Des Dieux will definitely NOT run here, definitely goes Mares hurdle. Thinks that Pentland Hills is a solid shout, can’t have Epatante on account of failing at last year’s festival

BC : Darver Star not good enough, Petit Mouchoir’s form not good enough, Cilaos Emery not quick enough, fancies Epatante

JD :
    Hates horses that come from behind so would have a small each way play on BallyAndy

Mares :

General consensus that this is a 2 horse race and the first to flinch will lose, they’ll be a furlong ahead of everything else

BC : Fancies Benie Des Dieux over Honeysuckle

National Hunt Chase

BC : Has a rant about the rule changes around this race and how it’ll be hard to find enough Irish based jockeys that match the criteria required, Also said he couldn’t have Battleoverdoyen as it likes to do things its own way.

TM : Carefully Selected for him but no strong opinion

JD : Carefully Selected as well but won’t back it as its too short.

Ballymore :

BC : 11/10 about Envoi Allen is the bet of the week for him, jumps and stays, future Gold Cup horse

TM : No holes in Envoi Allen

JD : Bookies will take on Envoi Allen and will go off bigger than evens.

RSA :

JD : Minella Indo for it, doesn’t like backing horses that fell last time out so can’t have Champ

TM : Fancies Champ and Black Op each-way, reckons that Allah goes here

BC : Fancies Allaho, reckons Minella Into won’t get its ground and is not quite as good a chaser yet.

JD then mentioned that he heard that Allaho would be a certainty if it rocked up in the Marsh Chase

Champion Chase :

All said that this is the race of the meeting.

TM : Altior the one to beat as it keeps on winning. Un De Sceaux can’t live with the front 3 in the betting and that he’s rather be a bookie in this race

JD : Chacun Pour So is a weak finisher, hard to call for him. Back the horse you feel is the best jumper out of the 3

BC : Is a massive Defi De Seuil fan and will gallop up the hill when others have cried enough.

Bumper :

TM : Appreciate It is one of his bets of the meeting, has done everything right, hasn’t missed a trick at home. Negative for Ferny Hollow and is not sure it even lines up here. Also a big negative that Willie sold Panic Attack and couldn’t find a buyer in Ireland amongst JP/Ricci/O’Leary et al. Cant have it on his mind

JD : Gonna be a very small field of 10-12 horses in this , likes the fave and says Ferny Hollow would be its only danger

BC : Loves Appreciate It and would be surprised if Ferny Hollow shows up here

Cross Country

BC : Hard to weigh up French form, Tiger must complete to qualify for the national, could pop around and still win here

JD : Easysland no chance here, back Yanworth each-way. Tiger will go off worse than Evens.

TM : Easysland wins!!! Says Tiger Roll has had a rushed prep on account of not being qualified for the National.

Marsh Chase :

TM : It’ll take a good one to beat Faugheen here, lines EAsyGame as an improving type

BC : Has huge time for Olly Murphy as a trainer and likes Itchy Feet here.

JD : If Allaho shows up here, he is a good thing

Ryanair Chase :

BC : Has not seen a handicapper win as well as A Plus Tard did, Min won’t see which way it has gone!!

JD : A Match race between A Plus Tard and Min. APT wins

TM : A Plus Tard is spot on, watched it work earlier on in the week on heavy ground and said he was amazed by it

Stayers Hurdle :

TM : Paisley Park wins this on the bridle.

BC : Paisley Park looks better this year than last. City Island has had a troubled prep

JD : Paisley Park too short a price, couldn’t have a horse that short trained by who its trained by. Does not fancy the trainer at all!!

Mares Novice :

TM : Likes Doclita very much in this one, beat a mare of his own at Tramore that they think a lot of

BC : Cant pick holes in Minella Melody, If it comes up very soft would give an each-way squeak to La Filine that he rode at Limerick.

JD : Huge negative for Minella Melody in the fact that she runs with a penalty. Thinks Santa Rosa has a great chance and is the one he has backed in the race

Triumph :

TM : Goshen is an absolute certainty, his best bet of the meeting, will destroy the field, quirky and all as it is.

BC : Irish have no hope here, Solo given a crazy mark by the handicapper so it could be the one here. Big negative towarsd A Wave Of the Sea

JD : Allmankind will go off like the clappers and Goshen will pick it up easily. Goshen wins

Albert BArtlett

BC : Wouldn’t swap Latest Exhibition for anything in the race although he would be worried by Monkfish

JD Likes Latest Exhibition as well, couldn’t have Thyme Hill, horse he beat last time out got beaten at Bangor as an odds-on shot. Says Sempo has an each-way squeak

TM : Monkfish is well fancied by the yard but considers Latest Exhibition a good thing

Gold Cup :

JD : An open race, half a dozen horses could win it.

BC : With the soft ground expected, really fancies Al Boum Photo, Monalee won’t stay and not a case that Davy Russell chose Percy over Delta Work but more that Davy was not asked to ride Delta Work

TM : No bet for him , anyone of 6 could win , a fascinating race but he’ll be too busy collecting his winnings from Goshen

Negative all round for SAntini

Foxhunters :

TM : Minella Rocco a very good horse

BC : Minella Rocco for him as well and having Derek O’Connor on his back is like having a 10lb advantage

Conversation then switched to social media abuse of Jockey David Maxwell, Brian Cooper hugely defended him. Tony Mullins said he’s rather have a jockey that new how to win rather than a jockey who knew how to ride!!

JD : Tricky race he’s looking forward to as a bookie

Handicap tips:

JD : Champagne Court in the Novices Handicap Chase on the first day

BC : Phoenix Way off of 10-10 in the Pertemps is a lovely weight

TM : Ravenshill in the Kim Muir, Jamie Code will ride

Alfa Mix wherever it runs and Sir Psycho in the Fred Winter

NAP / Lay / Value Bet

TM : (N) Goshen / (L) Notebook / (VB) Alfa Mix Coral Cup
    BC : (N) A Plus Tard / (L) Notebook / (VB) Discorama Ultima Chase
    JD : (N) Fakir Doudaires / (L) Paisley Park / (VB) Santa Rossa

Charity Bets :

TM : Goshen €100 win
    BC : A Plus Tard €100 win
    JD : Fakir Doudaires €100 win

And again :
    Newbridge...

Panel

Kevin O'Ryan MC
    Gordon Elliott
    Davy Russell
    Mark Walsh
    Jamie Codd
    David Casey
    Fran Berry

SUPREME
    Gordon stated that if the ground turned heavy, then Envoi Allen could turn up here. He also said that Abracadabra was in good form . Davy said that Irish horses were much better than their English counterparts. Mark liked Asterion Forlonge saying that it rode a good race the last day and they went a cracking paste. David Casey liked Shishkin.Jamie Codd said that is the best horse that he has ever ridden but would prefer to see him go for Supreme as the Ballymore looks a much hotter race.

ARKLE
    All had doubts about Notebook with his temperament and also appeared to jump a bit right the last day but he was still Davy's fancy with Global citizen as an each way bet. David Casey liked Mister Fisher each way especially if the ground dried out. Mark and Jamie liked Fakir D'oudaries and Gordon was very keen on Cash Back.

CHAMPION HURDLE
    Davy was very keen on Honeysuckle especially on soft ground and the whole panel could not see the ground being any quicker than soft the first day. Fran also liked Honeysuckle. Gordon thought Coeur Sublime was a great each way bet at a big price. He has had a wind op since his last run and said that last time out was not one of davy's finest moments, to which Davy agreed. David Casey said that he would be amazed if Benie des Dieux turned up here and that Sharjah needs good ground. Both Jamie and Mark were very keen on Supasundae and added that Puppy said he would win and was very confident.

BALLYMORE NOVICES HURDLE
    Gordon says that Envoi Allen runs here unless it's heavy ground and is in great form. Davy, Fran and David all liked Envoi Allen as did Mark who gave a big word for The Big Breakway each way. Jamie again says that he hopes Envoi Allen goes for supreme and had been in Philip Hobbs during the week and really fancied Sporting John without Envoi Allen.

RSA CHASE
    Gordon says Battleoverdoyen is only 50/50 to run here and has to speak to the O'Leary's but if he has his way he won't run. He likes Allaho here. David Casey also was very keen on Allaho but stated he may still go for the Marsh novices as no decision has been made yet. Davy thought it was between Champ and Minella Indo with his preference being for the latter.

CHAMPION CHASE
    David Casey said Chacun Pour Soi was in good form but seemed to think that Altior was the one to beat as he seemed back to his best the last day but soft ground was a worry. Fran and Jamie liked Chacun Pour Soi while Davy was worried about his stamina for Chacun Pour Soi but David Casey had no worries on that. Davy and Gordon were both very keen on Defi Du Seuil.

BUMPER
    David Casey seemed very very sweet on Appreciate It. Gordon and Fran were very keen on Queens Brook each way. Jamie liked Queens Brook each way and also mentioned at a price Good Time Johnny. When asked which of Gordon's that he would like to ride, Jamie said Daddy's Darling which certainly seemed to take Gordon by surprise.

CROSS COUNTRY
    As expected Davy and Gordon were very keen on Tiger Roll

BOODLES
    Gordon said that Aramax would prefer better ground and that Davy would have the choice of rides but would advise him to choose between Tromador and Royal Rendezvous in preference.

MARSH NOVICES CHASE
    Gordon mentioned Samcro each way and said that while he would love to see Ollie Murphy win, he was not at all keen on Itchy Feet saying that he did not think that his form was good enough. David Casey seemed very sweet on Melon here saying that he loved Cheltenham and the extra distance should really suit. Fran liked Faugheen here while Davy liked Itchy Feet or Mister Fisher.

RYANAIR CHASE
    Davy and Jamie were keen on Ridersonthestormsaying that if Sam could hold onto him a bit longer would suit, to which Gordon stated that no chance he would. David, Fran and Gordon all liked A Plus Tard here.

STAYERS HURDLE
    David, Jamie and Gordon were all keen on Paisley Park while Davy fancied Penhill each way and Mark said City Island for a place. Jamie said Paisley Park was a certainty.

TRIUMPH HURDLE
    Gordon stated that Battle of Wills will not run here and he and Davy and David were all very keen on Solo. Jamie liked Cerberus.

ALBERT BARTLETT HURDLE
    Fran liked Latest Exhibition while Jamie liked Harry Senior. David threw in an each way bet here at a big price in Jandili.

GOLD CUP
    Jamie, Gordon and David were all on the side of Al Boum Photo although Gordon did say that Delta Work was in great form . Davy liked Delta Work but was more hopeful than confident about the chances of Presenting Percy. They all agreed that it was a very open race.

CHARITY BETS
    Davy - Minella Indo
    Mark - Supasundae
    Fran - Queens Brook E/W
    Jamie - Cerberus
    Kevin - Fakin D'oudaries
    David - Solo and when pressed for a Willie Mullins horse, he said Appreciate It
    Gordon - Defi De Seuil and when pressed for one of his own , Appreciate It

• Advertisement
Advertisement