Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best (Cheapest) Plan for older person?

Options
  • 13-02-2020 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi

I am about to buy a mobile phone for an ageing relative to use just in case of emergency. They will most likely need a prepay plan. They won't be using the phone except for emergency.

Is there a prepay plan which lasts longer than one month. I don't want my relative to be paying every month for unused calls. Do all providers prepay plans finish and require topping up after 1 month even if not used?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They all allow topping up without a plan and use the credit as it suits.

Vodafone require minimum top up of 5 euro every six months to keep number active. Credit does not expire as long as the six monthly top up is applied.

Calls cost is high outside of a plan (35c per minute, text 15c) but probably not major factor if it's for infrequent use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

She'll need mobile data switched off if it is a smart phone, otherwise it'll eat up her credit in no time.

Advertisement