Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ONT fibre > lose of latency after touching fibre patch/ONT

Options
  • 13-02-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I had to unplug the fibre patch from the ONT as I was moving the ethernet cable.

I had a constant latency of 1ms before but now im getting around 5/6ms
    the speed remain the same (a bit up at the moment) around 935Mbps.

I know 5ms is great but its just annoying me as I had 1 for a year...

I could probably try to move the fibre cable around (seems like a awful idea)

anyway not sure what I'm looking for here as I guess there is not much to do?

UPDATE : all sorted !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

kevincork wrote: »
    I had to unplug the fibre patch from the ONT as I was moving the ethernet cable.

Hello

I would be interested to know how did you sort it, as I am currently have latency of 10-12ms up from 3ms but unlike you my speeds dropped by around 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kevincork

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hello

I would be interested to know how did you sort it, as I am currently have latency of 10-12ms up from 3ms but unlike you my speeds dropped by around 50%.

I think it went back to normal by itself after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

What address were you pinging?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

I think it went back to normal by itself after a while

Are you still getting the speeds quoted in your original post and if if so mind me asking who is your ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kevincork

cunnijo wrote: »
    Are you still getting the speeds quoted in your original post and if if so mind me asking who is your ISP?

Digiweb, I have some speed issue but that due to my own hardware, when I plug digiweb’s router I get around 940Mbps + (at least last time I checked but I don’t use they router)

• Advertisement
Advertisement