Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Leap Card in Dublin

Options
  • 13-02-2020 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Did you lose your Leap Card today (13th of February?) Has a friend mentioned losing theirs?

Tell me the rough time it was lost
    The amount of money on the card
    and
    Which stop you lost it at

and we'll agree a way i can get it back to you

Otherwise I'm keeping it and it's good karma because I lost a leap card in the same place last year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Your karma may be short lived as if the card is registered the owner can cancel it and have the credit transferred to their new card.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Just post it back to Leap.

You'd not call it good karma if you found a debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Did you lose your Leap Card today (13th of February?) Has a friend mentioned losing theirs?

Tell me the rough time it was lost
    The amount of money on the card
    and
    Which stop you lost it at

and we'll agree a way i can get it back to you

Otherwise I'm keeping it and it's good karma because I lost a leap card in the same place last year!

Just send it back to Leap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not all leap users post on Boards. Which you likely already know and are trying to feel good about holding onto it by posting it here. Send it back to Leap/TII

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Your karma may be short lived as if the card is registered the owner can cancel it and have the credit transferred to their new card.

I lost one of my leap cards before, but wasn't aware of losing it at the time.....I simply thought it was in another jacket. the only reason I have two is because my Da gave me his one when he got the free travel pass.

Anyway, couldn't find it anywhere so checked online to see when I'd last used it to narrow down the whereabouts of the card. Turns out it had been used almost every day in the previous three weeks, including a €20 top up the day before. Marked it as lost, card was cancelled, and got a new one in the post later that week with the guts of €20 credit on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

GBX wrote: »
    Which you likely already know and are trying to feel good about holding onto it by posting it here.

Lol, what the ****? Did you have a bad day? Do you want to talk about it?

What do TFI do with it when I give it back? I hope the person did register it, but they will never get back the 5 euro that we get charged for the piece of plastic, so I'd much rather find them somehow, I thought people might have some ideas rather than you know, unfiltered rage ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Lol, what the ****? Did you have a bad day? Do you want to talk about it?

Having a great day thanks! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

What do TFI do with it when I give it back? I hope the person did register it, but they will never get back the 5 euro that we get charged for the piece of plastic, so I'd much rather find them somehow

Mine was stolen last year (along with the wallet it was in). Now as it happened, I'd acquired it from my sister years ago, who originally registered it to her account, and I couldn't re-register it. But we got our act together when I was visiting her last month, she went online, declared it "lost/stolen", ordered a new one, and the appropriate bit of plastic was delivered to her address a few days later, with the same amount of credit as the stolen one, and no longer registered to her account.

So now I have two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,803 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What do TFI do with it when I give it back? I hope the person did register it, but they will never get back the 5 euro that we get charged for the piece of plastic, so I'd much rather find them somehow, I thought people might have some ideas rather than you know, unfiltered rage ha ha

You do get the fiver back if a card is cancelled with TFI.

• Advertisement

I think what i have learned from posting this thread is that i should always register my leap card.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think what i have learned from posting this thread is that i should always register my leap card.

Even better get a cheesy photo on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,803 ✭✭✭✭L1011

spurious wrote: »
    Even better get a cheesy photo on it.

And then you can end up getting a new one as often as every year because their backend systems are unable to transfer "owner" of the card if you do taxsaver.

Moved employer, new personalised card
    Minor change to payroll systems, new personalised card.

There's no fiver deposit on them so just run down any epurse to 0 or negative then bin it seems to the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited and/or can be re-directed <again> to Commuting&Transport forum.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement