Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract break fees?

Options
  • 13-02-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hope this is the right forum. Am currently Bill Pay with Three, and 17 months left on my circa EUR 45 per month contract. Never had an issue with them but work have now said they'll take care of my bill (due to needing to travel for work). This comes with a new handset (largely of my own choosing) but I'll need to port my number from Three to their business network (which I believe is Vodafone).

When I spoke to Three regarding termination fees, they quoted me a figure of EUR 761 - pretty much the same price were I to remain their customer.

Now, I know I've signed a contract which is fair enough but it doesn't appear to be a termination penalty as much as it does 'Business As Usual' and I'd probably just prefer to pay off the contract monthly and not use the phone, rather than end it and get hit for a single lump sum.

Does this seem normal? Any issues with the above approach?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Why not just get a new number with the work phone and keep them separate or else get work to pay your phone bill.

Porting your number will trigger an upfront buyout of the contract for the full amount, ie the termination fee they quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Why not just get a new number with the work phone and keep them separate or else get work to pay your phone bill.

Porting your number will trigger an upfront buyout of the contract for the full amount, ie the termination fee they quoted.

Yeah it's a good point - I don't believe there's an option for work to pay my bill, as presumably, the rate they receive from their corporate rate is much better than what I'd get (particularly for roaming!)

Advertisement