Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant tcr advance 1 disc

Options
  • 13-02-2020 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi all looking at the above bike but I'm in between sizes I can go ML or L.
    ML will be slightly more aggressive position or L for more room.

Also if anyone has the bike is there any reason I should not go for it.

I'm on a budget of €2300 max including pedals and new cleats

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Hi all looking at the above bike but I'm in between sizes I can go ML or L.
    ML will be slightly more aggressive position or L for more room.

Also if anyone has the bike is there any reason I should not go for it.

I'm on a budget of €2300 max including pedals and new cleats

I have had a rather large collection of carbon exotica over the years. At one time I eve prefered my training bikes in the 10k plus range. So i have a fair bit to compare the tcr pro disc in my garage with.

And it holds up. Its pretty darn light. Its really stiff and racey and honestly i cant believe how much you get for your money in terms of quality and spec.

Yeah they are not as exciting to look at as my cervelos, dogmas, madone 9 etc... but as good as any of them performance wise.

If you get the fit right you wont be disappointed.(mine is a 2019 model).

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I have had a rather large collection of carbon exotica over the years. At one time I eve prefered my training bikes in the 10k plus range. So i have a fair bit to compare the tcr pro disc in my garage with.

And it holds up. Its pretty darn light. Its really stiff and racey and honestly i cant believe how much you get for your money in terms of quality and spec.

Yeah they are not as exciting to look at as my cervelos, dogmas, madone 9 etc... but as good as any of them performance wise.

If you get the fit right you wont be disappointed.(mine is a 2019 model).

I was on the pro this evening for sizing and the carbon wheels were really light. Unfortunately the mrs doesn't understand why I'm spending more money on a bike than her friend paid for her last car.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Try the Giant website or any Giant dealer they may be able to locate the last of 2019 stock.

I'm holding to get the 2021 model next year, savage excited.

[url] https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ie/tcr-advanced-1-disc[/url]

Not sure if still there but that's alot of bike for your money.

dahat wrote: »

That has the giant integrated disc brakes. Levers are sora with cable that go into a hydraulic chamber to activate calipers, I was advised to steer clear

• Advertisement

That has the giant integrated disc brakes. Levers are sora with cable that go into a hydraulic chamber to activate calipers, I was advised to steer clear

Far more knowledge than me in that easily blinded by a decent paint job.

€2,300 is a tight budget or is it? For what you want I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

sora is 9 spd isnt it? That bike has 105 deraileurs, (and according to the blurb, Ultegra levers), so I would check the sora bit.

1556467120-32.jpg

edit - definately Ultegra levers, but cable rather than hydraulic levers, routed into the giant master cylinder housed in the stem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Far more knowledge than me in that easily blinded by a decent paint job.

€2,300 is a tight budget or is it? For what you want I mean.

I got a new end of line 2019.. last one left and it was in my size.. pro model, ultegra all round including the brakes.. 30mm carbon tubless wheels etc for 2350 (and then applied a bike scheme to it for 1850).. cant go wrong for a winter trainer good enough to race on

https://www.bunnyhop.de/Bikes/Road/GIANT-TCR-Advanced-1-Disc-2019.htm?shop=bunnyhop_en&a=article&ProdNr=GIA-90018513MASTER&p=8 - save yourself 500 quid, get a nice stem, buy hydraulic ultegra levers, sell the brand new cable ones.....

( i bought a bike from Bunnyhop.de before, no issues, although it took about 3 weeks to deliver

edit - they also have the 2018 version for 1678 quid.
    https://www.bunnyhop.de/Bikes/Road/Giant-TCR-Advanced-1-Disc-2018.htm?shop=bunnyhop_en&a=article&ProdNr=80004423MASTER&p=8

cant go wrong for a winter trainer good enough to race on

it's a kind of weird perverse pleasure, doing winter training on your race bike...

• Advertisement

This is the part they use in front of the stem for the breaks https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ie/conduct-master-cyclinder

I'd be curious if this is better or worse or just the same as a full hydraulic set up ie levers or it's just a way to cut costs????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I have Tiagra levers to the hydraulic chamber, and I've never had an issue with them. Apart from not being able to fit the out in front garmin mount.
    But I think they have an adapter for that.

lennymc wrote: »
    https://www.bunnyhop.de/Bikes/Road/GIANT-TCR-Advanced-1-Disc-2019.htm?shop=bunnyhop_en&a=article&ProdNr=GIA-90018513MASTER&p=8 - save yourself 500 quid, get a nice stem, buy hydraulic ultegra levers, sell the brand new cable ones.....

( i bought a bike from Bunnyhop.de before, no issues, although it took about 3 weeks to deliver

edit - they also have the 2018 version for 1678 quid.
    https://www.bunnyhop.de/Bikes/Road/Giant-TCR-Advanced-1-Disc-2018.htm?shop=bunnyhop_en&a=article&ProdNr=80004423MASTER&p=8

Work has me limited to bricks and mortar shops in ireland only.
    The joys of being in a workforce of 3000 employees

I got a new end of line 2019.. last one left and it was in my size.. pro model, ultegra all round including the brakes.. 30mm carbon tubless wheels etc for 2350 (and then applied a bike scheme to it for 1850).. cant go wrong for a winter trainer good enough to race on

Would love the 2019 colours alright would match my club gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Was going to pull the trigger on this just around xmas. Rutlandcycling had some stock at £1249 but all gone now. Would of worked out at €1650 shipped. Regret not buying it for that money. January blues ,you know how it goes.bills bills bills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

i said it earlier this week to another poster but the TCR is a savage bike. and the price point by Dahat under 2 grand for full ultegra is brilliant value for money.

Advertisement