Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Providers & Brokers

• 13-02-2020 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Been looking to get my pension sorted(been putting on ther long finger too long)

I am wondering were can I find a list of reputable brokers in my area(Limerick City)?

Also what are the options with different providers...You have Zurich, Irish Life & Most banks tend to offer pensions too.

What kind of fees are typically charged?

At 32, Earning €40,000 is the maximum i can pay into a pension €10,000?

Unfortunatley i'm not eligible for the workplace pension as i'm currently a contract worker. But i'm hopeful of getting a permanent position but its not likley until early/mid 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭SeanElec1

Hi, Currently in position of seeking independant pension advise also, in Limerick. Have consulted with Thomond Asset Management, found them helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Been looking to get my pension sorted(been putting on ther long finger too long)

I am wondering were can I find a list of reputable brokers in my area(Limerick City)?

Also what are the options with different providers...You have Zurich, Irish Life & Most banks tend to offer pensions too.

What kind of fees are typically charged?

At 32, Earning €40,000 is the maximum i can pay into a pension €10,000?

Unfortunatley i'm not eligible for the workplace pension as i'm currently a contract worker. But i'm hopeful of getting a permanent position but its not likley until early/mid 2021

All the brokers have different fees, usually between 0.5% to 1%, and there can be annual and/or transfer fees.

IMO, find the one with the lower fees as this will eat into your contributions.

At 32 you can contribute 20% so 8k.

You can pay more, but you won't get the tax relief.

Advertisement