Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calving camera to phone

Options
  • 13-02-2020 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hello

Just wondering is there an easy way of putting the calving camera on the mobile phone. We have the camera wired back to a DVR box. The camera man was ment to put it so we could view online but never came back to do it. He said it was straight forward enough so I am willing to try myself if its straight forward. I can put ethernet cable into the back of the box also

Thanks in advance for help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

happylad wrote: »
    Hello

Just wondering is there an easy way of putting the calving camera on the mobile phone. We have the camera wired back to a DVR box. The camera man was ment to put it so we could view online but never came back to do it. He said it was straight forward enough so I am willing to try myself if its straight forward. I can put ethernet cable into the back of the box also

Thanks in advance for help
    Run an ethernet cable from the back of the DVR box to the router. You then download an app on your phone. Where did u purchase ur dvr box and cameras?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭happylad

Thanks John Mayo 10. The man that installed the camera supplied the box and all. To be fair he said hed come back but he is busy at the moment. Was just seeing would there be much too it and could I do it myself

It's an nvr-104-a/4p model that the camera is connected to

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

You will need the dyndns to get the signal to the phone ,

Thanks doctor turbo2 for the reply. To ask the perhaps an oblivious question but is that something that you subscribe to or what is it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Thanks doctor turbo2 for the reply. To ask the perhaps an oblivious question but is that something that you subscribe to or what is it

It’s a host site that runs that the phone can log into to connect the signal , now I might not be explaining it right I’m not good with computers. , the brother in law dose all for me , but I have the router in shed supplying a wireless camera the data and that’s set up on the dyndns so I can log into see the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

no ip allows you up to 3 free host names , you will have to confirm once a month to keep active,

https://www.noip.com/

Thanks orom0nd for the assist on this

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Micheal H

Most of the modern NVR/DVR's will have their own apps that you install on your phone which will allow you to remote view the cameras, which does away with the need for manually configuring the router for port forwarding, assigning static IP addresses which was a right pain in the arse.

From googling the model number you gave it looks like it's a HiLook/HiWatch/Hikvision NVR, so I think the app you need for it is Hik-Connect. It's usually just a case of creating an account to log into, inputting the serial number of your NVR and the app looks after everything else. Nothing too complicated. If you have the owner's manual for the NVR it might have a guide for doing it all.

And as john_mayo said earlier, first plug an ethernet cable from a LAN output on your router into the back of the NVR. You'll probably also need to plug a monitor into the back of the NVR to set it up from that end too.

If you click on the "Downloads" tab on this page it has the owner's manual and quick start guide for your NVR if you don't have them at hand.
    https://www.rfconcepts.ie/hilook-by-hikvision-nvr-4ch-poe-nvr-104mh-c-4p-3759.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlu31oN3P5wIVWODtCh1u9gkrEAQYASABEgKKLvD_BwE

Michael H thanks for that. I'll try that and see how I get on.

Thanks again everyone for the assist

• Advertisement
Advertisement