Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Removal

Options
  • 14-02-2020 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello all,

I am having a new wireless alarm installed and I would like to remove the old one. Damned thing never worked properly in 14 years.
    I would love to ask you all for some advice on how to remove it. The order in which to remove components. Any tips on keeping sirens to minimum. Any advice at all.

I am competent with electrical wiring installations and electrical work.
    I also have an engineers code.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Put in engineering mode, remove the noisy bits, disconnect all power sources and get rid of the rest in any order you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Daarrgh wrote: »
    Hello all,

I am having a new wireless alarm installed and I would like to remove the old one. Damned thing never worked properly in 14 years.
    I would love to ask you all for some advice on how to remove it. The order in which to remove components. Any tips on keeping sirens to minimum. Any advice at all.

I am competent with electrical wiring installations and electrical work.
    I also have an engineers code.

thanks in advance.

Id have a look at a hybrid system. Using this you could use wired and wire free, especially if you could use a wired external as opposed to a wire free one, same with keypad and internal devices.
    Down powering the system will let the external bell ring out but once that stops you should have no issues with it. Then disconnect sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daarrgh

2011 wrote: »
    Put in engineering mode, remove the noisy bits, disconnect all power sources and get rid of the rest in any order you like.

How do I get into Engineering Mode?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

How do I get into Engineering Mode?

With the engineering code. You said you had it in your opening post.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daarrgh

2011 wrote: »
    With the engineering code. You said you had it in your opening post.

I have the code.
    I just don't know how to use it!

I've tried just tapping in the 6 numbers but the panel didn't indicate anything.

Maybe I should point out that I have no experience with the setup or installation of alarm systems.

• Advertisement

I've tried just tapping in the 6 numbers but the panel didn't indicate anything.

You may not have the correct engineering code. To get into engineering mode you need the engineering code and a user code.
    Maybe I should point out that I have no experience with the setup or installation of alarm systems.

Maybe it’s time to get a professional alarm installer to assist you.
    As you can imagine I am reluctant to explain how to dismantle an intruder alarm system to someone that may not have the codes. I’m sure you understand why.

Advertisement