Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

limnam wrote: »
    No idea,

Send her an email.

But going back to the options they had in north clare

Martin Conway FG. Missed more than half of Oireachtas committee meetings. Biggest housing crisis and this guy doesn't turn up for half of them.

With the caliber of TD in Clare is it any surprise she got in?

Two lads pulling down huge wages and don't turn up to work.

Were Sinn Fein doing some sort of special offer to North Clare?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

Were Sinn Fein doing some sort of special offer to North Clare?

Maybe the people of clare did do their research after all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Rural Resettlement was a great initiative, pretty dire to see they were exploited by the likes of this citizen. Disgusting. Shame on her.

Maybe the people of clare did do their research after all :)

Probably just went for Change, like the people of Kildare who elected the SF woman who went on holidays during the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

huh

She is a tax payer?

Well I suppose she is, now.

I'll spell it out for you. If she pays back the debt it'll be coming from her TD salary which is coming from the exchequer.

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Rural Resettlement was a great initiative

Wasn't it FG that pulled funding for the project?

pity Eoghan Murphy and the local councils seemed to give them the constant run around.

Jim who ran it has also seemed to been very critical of FG housing policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

If this is what "change" is, we're in for some trouble!

On a positive note, she pays her rent now!

sligojoek wrote: »
    Well I suppose she is, now.

I'll spell it out for you. If she pays back the debt it'll be coming from her TD salary which is coming from the exchequer.

The public coffers are going to pay her 90k+ to do a job.

She can do whatever she wishes with the money.

If she uses her own money that she's going to be working for to pay off that arrears. I'm ok with that.

The public coffers are going to pay her 90k+ to do a job.

She can do whatever she wishes with the money.

If she uses her own money that she's going to be working for to pay off that arrears. I'm ok with that.

She can do whatever she wants after handing up half of it the her party.

Probably just went for Change, like the people of Kildare who elected the SF woman who went on holidays during the campaign.

Forgot all about that.

Woman goes on holiday!

Man shouts in pub

Man wears Ireland jersey.

The country is fcked.

Sure didn't the whole government go on holidays as we were going bankrupt :)

• Advertisement

She can do whatever she wants after handing up half of it the her party.

Why is that a concern for you

Why is that a concern for you

It might mean she hasn't enough left over to pay back the housing charity.

It might mean she hasn't enough left over to pay back the housing charity.

Sure we'll see

and we can all have a right go off her and slag her husband in Violet-Anne 2.0

Sure we'll see

and we can all have a right go off her and slag her husband in Violet-Anne 2.0

Are you going to send her an email to find out?

Are you going to send her an email to find out?

No need.

Some raggy newspaper headline will be picked up by some numb skull who'll let us know.

No need.

Some raggy newspaper headline will be picked up by some numb skull who'll let us know.

Not if we get Change. That won't be allowed.

Not if we get Change. That won't be allowed.

We'll get the headline regardless.

If she does or if she doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

It obviously doesn't matter about a SF candidates past misdemeanors, or beliefs, seeing as the 'Brand' is currently running in such a high, that even the proverberial wheeliebin would secure it's quota of votes, if it had a Sinn Fein sticker affixed.

I had previously googled the candidate in question for other reasons to do with her background and her very interesting name!

I suspect her whole family who have passed on will be turning in the graves, if they're the same family I strongly suspect them to be.

In relation to her forebares, by joining Sinn Fein she really has gone off on a political & ideological tangent. Curious what she does on poppy day in Church (CofI) when the rest of the congregation are wearing theirs, what woud she do as a Sinn Fein TD in the Dail?

Or maybe she turned her back of that tradition a long time ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The Sinn Fein vote is an anti government vote by the people, peeved with FF and FG. No other party was around so it they used SF.

It will be a car crash and the whole lot of these TD’s will be sent back to defrauding charities etc where they came from.
    The only hope is before they are sent back they don’t make too big of a mess that nobody can clean up after them

It obviously doesn't matter about a SF candidates past misdemeanors, or beliefs, seeing as the 'Brand' is currently running in such a high, that even the proverberial wheeliebin would secure it's quota of votes, if it had a Sinn Fein sticker affixed.

I had previously googled the candidate in question for other reasons to do with her background and her very interesting name!

I suspect her whole family who have passed on will be turning in the graves, if they're the same family I strongly suspect them to be.

In relation to her forebares, by joining Sinn Fein she really has gone off on a political & ideological tangent. Curious what she does on poppy day in Church (CofI) when the rest of the congregation are wearing theirs, what will she do as a Sinn Fein TD in the Dail?
    Or maybe she turned her back of that tradition a long time ago?

I don't know anything about her apart from reading that she went to Trinity. It didn't surprise me that her politics is of the Left in that case. Marxists and Trotskyites in the Dail are all the products of fee paying private education and a generally privileged background. It's an odd thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-td-willing-to-pay-12-000-rent-arrears-to-charity-1.4175308

Donate from her own pocket or the shinner coffers?

A wet day as a TD already a controversy. I can't wait to see what the others are hiding, aside from the ones we already know about.

jon1981 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-td-willing-to-pay-12-000-rent-arrears-to-charity-1.4175308

Donate from her own pocket or the shinner coffers?

A wet day as a TD already a controversy. I can't wait to see what the others are hiding, aside from the ones we already know about.

Good stuff

I wonder if we could manage to get TD's who swindles hundreds of thousands in expenses paid back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,755 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Wasn't it FG that pulled funding for the project?

pity Eoghan Murphy and the local councils seemed to give them the constant run around.

Jim who ran it has also seemed to been very critical of FG housing policy.

They were meant to generate income from collecting rents..........but they didn’t count on people not paying.......so the Shinner didn’t pay, they went bust.......and it is all FG’s fault.

Have I got it right? It is hard to get the right element of cognitive dissonance into the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,755 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

1. Not a SF supporter.

2. I'd love you to critique SF on something worthwhile.

I actually can't wait for a real discussion around an important topic.

Not to hear about people in pubs, lads wearing irish flags etc

I won't hold my breath

Francie has some competition in the race to be the most prolific defender of
    Sinn Fein without being a supporter.

This woman with her 50k income from benefits puts all other politicians in the shade when it comes to working the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

This is just insane.

This woman has been living on benefits with 5 kids for how many years, and she gets elected on a platform of demanding change?

If the intention was to make FG & even FF seem like a great bunch of stand up guys and gals you love to see running the country, congratulations, mission accomplished.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    This is just insane.

This woman has been living on benefits with 5 kids for how many years, and she gets elected on a platform of demanding change?

If the intention was to make FG & even FF seem like a great bunch of stand up guys and gals you love to see running the country, congratulations, mission accomplished.

You had the few SF supporters voting, the usual

Then the rest who just voted to piss off FF/FG. It would have been Labour/Green but they have been dragged into previous FF/FG governments so all that was left was SF

A huge majority had no idea who the candidate was, background or anything. Just voted SF....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

First the anti vaxxer comments and now this.

It's really surprising how Sinn Féin supporters are still trying to defend this, always with Whataboutery.
    They have some brilliant TDs like Doherty and now they have people like this. It's just embarrassing that they can't admit that someone like this should not be defended.

And I'm a leftist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

God help the structure of Shannon Airport if someone who's that aloof to paying rent and defiantly doesn't pull her weight.

Lockstep wrote: »
    First the anti vaxxer comments and now this.

It's really surprising how Sinn Féin supporters are still trying to defend this, always with Whataboutery.
    They have some brilliant TDs like Doherty and now they have people like this. It's just embarrassing that they can't admit that someone like this should not be defended.

And I'm a leftist.

Doherty and Mary Lou etc are great politicians, problem is they are the exception in Sinn Fein....

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    They were meant to generate income from collecting rents..........but they didn’t count on people not paying.......so the Shinner didn’t pay, they went bust.......and it is all FG’s fault.

Have I got it right? It is hard to get the right element of cognitive dissonance into the post.

If one person falling behind sent them into bankruptcy it probably wasn't a very solid plan.

Anyway FG pulled the funding from them and the chair was very critical of FG housing policies. said it was like pulling teeth dealing with them

Advertisement