Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bill 2.0

limnam wrote: »
    If you want to compare a woman with 5 kids and a sick husband trying to survive to a TD swinging while drinking bubbles

sure...

The struggle to survive on 50k a year whilst not bothering to pay your rent because you are too busy having three more children.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

Bill 2.0 wrote: »
    The struggle to survive on 50k a year whilst not bothering to pay your rent because you are too busy having three more children.

Can you give us a break down of that 50k?

Keeps getting brandished around but no one has provided figures

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Was Daragh Murphy not fiddling expenses? The Healy Raes too? Saying they were in the Dail but were in fact at a funeral.

The money comes from me and you.

I hate that ****ing word. Entitlement.

Yes because we're all such fans of the Healy-Raes here :rolleyes:

Again with the whataboutery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Wow. Amazing to see these social media trolling attacks on a woman only a few days after poor Caroline Flack's death.

ReAlly bad taste from Blanch152 here.

Typical blue shirt I suppose . Hate filled and anti woman trolls.

oh **** off...Flack was a serial abuser.
    This thread is about a recently elected TD who refused to pay rent to a charity which provided a house for her to live in for 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

What has her partners drug use got to do with anything?

Sure aul Leo was mad for the drugs.

It gives context to the welfare dependency of the family. Freeloading a house for over five years, having five kids and both herself and her partner on the full welfare ride. €50k per year - and to be honest I think that under estimates the benefit of rent subsidy and medical cards and all the rest - net, you’d need to earn a salary of about €75,000 to clear that kind of net pay. Great life. No personal responsibility whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

1. Not a SF supporter.

2. I'd love you to critique SF on something worthwhile.

I actually can't wait for a real discussion around an important topic.

Not to hear about people in pubs, lads wearing irish flags etc

I won't hold my breath

Are you going for the Gerry: "I was never a member of the IRA defence"?

Stark wrote: »
    Yes because we're all such fans of the Healy-Raes here :rolleyes:

Again with the whataboutery.

Just look at the TD's on the clare ticket.

Voting when not in the dial

not turning up for over 50% committee meetings

stealing a living.

No wonder she got in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭anewme

If you want to compare a woman with 5 kids and a sick husband trying to survive

You just keep using this 'trying to survive" and 'sick husband' line over and over again.

Despite being told she had 3 kids when she got the house and hasn't paid since day 1.

Why have 2 more kids if your husband is "sick' and you already cant 'afford' the rent.?

You are also discounting the person here who knew the charity personally and said she broke their heart.

This woman is lacking integrity and should not be deciding on policy for this country.

Before you go off blaming Tom, Dick and Harry, they shouldn't be either. But neither should she.

Are you going for the Gerry: "I was never a member of the IRA defence"?

I'm sorry.

I've no idea what you're talking about.

It has been posted and reposted numerous times in this thread but you seem to go quiet for a bit when it pops up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Oh. So like this woman they were entitled to it.
    Rules are rules and they broke none. It doesn't mean they are bad rules but they need a whole lot more restrictions built in.

Not only have those figures been put together twice based on the known circumstances of the family as outlined in various media pieces around their court case, profiles she’s given in the run up to the election etc, but last night another poster quoted and resurfaced them in response to your specific question. So maybe go read that and, as requested, provide your own analysis if you think it’s less than €50k. Kinda odd you keep missing those posts and asking the same question.

anewme wrote: »
    You are also discounting the person here who knew the charity personally and said she broke their heart.

What broke the charity was FG pulling funding from it.

Jim went on to be very critical of FG housing policies and stated dealing with them was like pulling teeth.

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Not only have those figures been put together twice based on the known circumstances of the family as outlined in various media pieces around their court case, profiles she’s given in the run up to the election etc, but last night another poster quoted and resurfaced them in response to your specific question. So maybe go read that and, as requested, provide your own analysis if you think it’s less than €50k. Kinda odd you keep missing those posts and asking the same question.

I haven't seen any break down of the 50k

It has been posted and reposted numerous times in this thread but you seem to go quiet for a bit when it pops up.

not going quiet at all.

I'm not going to keep asking for them if they're going to make me go "quiet"

Genuinely interested

I haven't seen any break down of the 50k

Go back only a few pages to last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭anewme

What broke the charity was FG pulling funding from it.

Jim went on to be very critical of FG housing policies and stated dealing with them was like pulling teeth.

Having to force a charity to take you to court is lowest of the low and shows this woman has no moral compass. Taking services from those who really need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

waste of time...in another few pages someone other SF follower will claim the same thing and look for a breakdown. They think if they ignore it or dismiss it long enough people won't believe it.

anewme wrote: »
    Having to force a charity to take you to court is lowest of the low and shows this woman has no moral compass. Taking services from those who really need them.

What broke the charity was FG pulling funding

Think there's some issues. on this

There's a limit on the amount of kids.

As they live together I would have thought they would have claimed as a couple which would be less.

Even taking what is there (which is wrong) it's around 30k?

• Advertisement

Think there's some issues. on this

There's a limit on the amount of kids.

As they live together I would have thought they would a claimed a couple which would be less.

Even taking what is there (which is wrong) it's around 30k?

Yeah I looked at it myself a few pages further back and to be honest I think €50k is correct and is perhaps low given that I have no idea how you account for effectively not paying for stuff too.

They’re both getting some payment weekly, unlikely jobseekers as it’s so long term so let’s go with the lower than jobseekers amount of €203x2 x 52 - that’s €21.1k to start.

As they have 5 kids, a supplementary welfare allowance is highly likely, at least €180 per week. €9.3k and we’ve just topped your €30k.

€700 per month in child benefit is what you get for 5 kids https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/child_benefit.html#l62fd2 - €8.4k and we’re up at €38.8k

The balance is a range of supplementary welfare payments plus their rent subsidy on an ongoing basis. €550 per month is the cap in Clare woth 3 kids, €6.6k on that alone.

As they’ve been on welfare for years they may still be on schemes like the dietary allowance that was stopped for new entrants in 2014, but we can’t tell.

These guys are very well looked after on welfare. €50k is an estimate but to be honest you can see how you blow past €30k just on child benefit and basic welfare allowances. Career welfare recipients know every payment and will cream every euro.

Yeah I looked at it myself a few pages further back and to be honest I think €50k is correct and is perhaps low given that I have no idea how you account for effectively not paying for stuff too.

They’re both getting some payment weekly, unlikely jobseekers as it’s so long term so let’s go with the lower than jobseekers amount of €203x2 x 52 - that’s €21.1k to start.

Generally couples living together wouldn't get seperate payments. Not sure how it works with a disability but I thought it'd be a combined payment + disability
    As they have 5 kids, a supplementary welfare allowance is highly likely, at least €180 per week. €9.3k and we’ve just topped your €30k.

It's capped at 4 I believe.

Everyone is entitled to this that has kids though. But ok if we clean up the first two points and take this in
    The balance is a range of supplementary welfare payments plus their rent subsidy on an ongoing basis. €550 per month is the cap in Clare woth 3 kids, €6.6k on that alone.

They were paying 240e does it not pay out whats been asked?

so closer to 3k?
    As they’ve been on welfare for years they may still be on schemes like the dietary allowance that was stopped for new entrants in 2014, but we can’t tell.

These guys are very well looked after on welfare. €50k is an estimate but to be honest you can see how you blow past €30k just on child benefit and basic welfare allowances. Career welfare recipients know every payment and will cream every euro.

So we can't add things we don't know they were claiming.

So the figure of 50k is not correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Are people here suggesting that child benefit shouldnt be paid to those on JSA , JSB, DA or Carers Allowance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Are people here suggesting that child benefit shouldnt be paid to those on JSA , JSB, DA or Carers Allowance?

Personally I would have a maximum amount of children for child benefit.

Something like 2-3, after that if you want more kids then pay for them.....

Too many people using child benefit as an additional income and none of the money ever goes towards the children

Nah, it's more of a suggestion that people on these payments shouldn't keep pumping out more children.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Personally I would have a maximum amount of children for child benefit.

Something like 2-3, after that if you want more kids then pay for them.....

Too many people using child benefit as an additional income and none of the money ever goes towards the children

What if you have a 200k combined income have 5 kids and lose your job?

Nah, it's more of a suggestion that people on these payments shouldn't keep pumping out more children.

Exactly, people working have to make decisions about how many children and loads of people decide to have less children as they cant afford

Then you have the social welfare family, who fire them out with no way to pay for them, make it someone elses problem......if you want so many kids get a job

Not sure if you have kids.

But trust me. Having more kids is never a way to make money.

Try bringing up a kid on 36e a week.

Not sure if you have kids.

But trust me. Having more kids is never a way to make money.

Try bringing up a kid on 36e a week.

Whats the 36 a week about?

Plus I have kids.....

• Advertisement

Whats the 36 a week about?

Plus I have kids.....

36e is what you get added to your weekly payment per child up to 4

it's not exactly a key to riches

Advertisement