Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

blanch152 wrote: »
    You can always be relied upon for a decent dose of whataboutery.

As for the last bit, Brady, the SF TD from Wicklow has been living in council housing for the last four years while taking home salary and expenses of over 100k from the State, it is no wonder that ordinary people can't get social housing.

No he hasnt. He moved out about 3 years ago!!!!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bill 2.0

I see another newly elected SF TD (Réada Cronin) has been quoted as claiming that the last UK election was rigged by Mossad.

What kind of a collection of nutcases have people elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

limnam wrote: »
    If you want to compare a woman with 5 kids and a sick husband trying to survive to a TD swinging while drinking bubbles

sure...

She was able to have three kids during the time she wasn't paying rent.
    How much was she getting in social welfare benefits?
    And deriving a charity of that money is just a lowly scum thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

smurgen wrote: »
    Well she's not any worse than a FG minister working to get a convicted and known animal abuser off a case . But I suppose he's wealthy so doesn't fall into the scumbag category for FG.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/heather-humphreys-intervened-in-animal-cruelty-case-krzzm2gsp

This is pretty disgusting.

What sort of people are FG giving ministries to

Bill 2.0 wrote: »
    I see another newly elected SF TD (Ra Cronin) has been quoted as claiming that the last UK election was rigged by Mossad.

Where?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I see another newly elected SF TD (Réada Cronin) has been quoted as claiming that the last UK election was rigged by Mossad.

https://twitter.com/ReadaCronin/status/1228858577168818176

blanch152 wrote: »
    Thank you for posting the facts.

I'm not a big sf fan but you're not certainly posting facts in thread about John Brady TD.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

This is pretty disgusting.

What sort of people are FG giving ministries to

Could be worse like Sinn Fein TDs picking up Garda killers from prison.

Where?

Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

That person is in my Constituency. I never even heard of her.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »

What? Where did she post about the mossad stuff as claimed.

Terry Pratchet

anewme wrote: »

She was a Councillor from 2014 to 2019 snd then lost her Council seat

Terry Pratchet

is_that_so wrote: »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mossad-ended-jeremy-corbyn-campaign-tweets-new-sinn-fein-td-reada-cronin-x9vg8s39m

The tweet I'm referring to was from last November. It's coming to light now what with people voting her into power for some reason.

Id say every SF TD and Cllr and Senators social media pages are being cleansed now

Terry Pratchet

Id say every SF TD and Cllr and Senators social media pages are being cleansed now
    They'd better be fast!

I'd say the media have a fairly sizable archive of stuff on most of them already.

She was a Councillor from 2014 to 2019 snd then lost her Council seat

Shes never done anything for my area anyway.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mossad-ended-jeremy-corbyn-campaign-tweets-new-sinn-fein-td-reada-cronin-x9vg8s39m

The tweet I'm referring to was from last November. It's coming to light now what with people voting her into power for some reason.
    Yeah, one could blame the other three for drawing media attention to the personal behaviour of SF TDs. One might also wonder what standard of quality will apply to any new GE candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Re the child benefit, here’s the link again if anyone wants to see the rates. 5 children, €700 per month. https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/child_benefit.html#l62fd2

We know from the ages of her kids that she had just had child number 2 when they took rural resettlement and the whole business of not paying went on when they had 3-5.

Child benefit is a universal payment, but it’s funny how it’s the career welfare recipients who keep churning them out. As another poster pointed out, her partner can’t get up for work but no bother getting up for this.

To bring in the income these career welfare recipients are getting your need a salary of (depending on where on the continuum you think they are of what they’re receiving) €55-75,000 per year. Or a bit less if it was the two of them working and getting the benefit of their tax credits.

These people have been on welfare since at least their mid-20s when they took rural resettlement (likely early 20s / just after college for her, to get time to get on the list for resettlement); have failed to pay their well subsidised bills (remember, the €63 is rent after the state pays a subsidy); and over that period of time continued to have kids safe in the knowledge that the social welfare officer will stump up the cash both in terms of entitlements and supplementary payments whenever you’re short. And career welfare recipients know every entitlement and their welfare officers know to just give in and save themselves the headaches.

She is a parody of the type of entitled welfare dependent that SF want to further enrich with their policies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

They are good at the laundering

Nijmegen wrote: »
    She is a parody of the type of entitled welfare dependent that SF want to further enrich with their policies.

huh

It's FG policies that enabled her not SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

huh

They can't make up their mind about who they're angry at.

smurgen wrote: »
    They can't make up their mind about who they're angry at.

Its pretty clear.

The person not paying their rent to a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

huh

The welfare state created over a long time has enabled her. But Sinn Fein policies going forward are to only strengthen and grow this welfare state. The shinners were also out crying and moaning about the unfairness of most of the policies brought in post recession to try and move along career welfare recipients, like job activation programs and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

anewme wrote: »

Was booted out of her council seat on the first count in May; incredibly unpopular as a councillor and then got in to the Dail on a party name vote

Nijmegen wrote: »
    The welfare state created over a long time has enabled her. But Sinn Fein policies going forward are to only strengthen and grow this welfare state. The shinners were also out crying and moaning about the unfairness of most of the policies brought in post recession to try and move along career welfare recipients, like job activation programs and so on.

The policies that enabled Wynne are not SF policies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

but its not her fault and she did nothing wrong right ?

So FF and FG are to blame for her gaming the system?

Are you her or someone related to her?

• Advertisement

So FF and FG are to blame for her gaming the system?

Are you her or someone related to her?

You seem to be amazed at how much money she can claim.

It's not SF polices that enable that.

Advertisement