Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

She was able to have three kids during the time she wasn't paying rent.
    How much was she getting in social welfare benefits?
    And deriving a charity of that money is just a lowly scum thing to do.

That's the blueshirts for ye.

But they will give charity status to the multi billionaire vulture funds,scummy airight,no wonder the people gave them a kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭anewme

limnam wrote: »
    You seem to be amazed at how much money she can claim.

It's not SF polices that enable that.

But she does not gave to claim it, just because it's there.

Its not FF or FG who made her renege on her personal responsibility to pay her rent.

A person with low values seeking to exploit the system should not be making policy for the rest of us.

No integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

You seem to be amazed at how much money she can claim.

It's not SF polices that enable that.

SF policies in all of their manifestos have been to strengthen and grow the welfare state, including their 2020 manifesto. So if she is a TD supporting a SF government or campaigning for one in future, she is drawing water to her own well. She’s a perfect example of the type of person anti-SF voters can point to and say “they want more of this.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

It's FG policies that enabled her not SF.

I'm glad you accept that overly generous welfare spending has "enabled" those who just want to sponge off the system.

In its manifesto (see the section on social protection), Sinn Fein proposes to "increase the main working age rates to €245 and the increase for children to €48.50 and €82.40 for those under and over 12 years respectively."

Someone on social welfare with five children would profit handsomely from these proposals.

What do you think these policies will accomplish? Surely they will only further "enable" people like Ms Wynne?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

anewme wrote: »

Its not FF or FG who made her renege on her personal responsibility to pay her rent.

A person with low values seeking to exploit the system should not be making policy for the rest of us.

No integrity.

I wasn't aware of her calming anything she wasn't entitled to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No integrity.

Has happened umpteenth times before that people with low values have made and legislated policy in this state. I suppose her being a Shinner makes it so reprenhensible for others however.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

No integrity.

I see it as being no different to Ivan yeats flying off to Wales to declare bankruptcy to be honest.
    I loath both equally.however you seem obsessed with only this person's low values.i find that curious.it seems that there's respected gaming of the system and scanger gaming of the system. Fine Gaelers are black and white on the latter and like the muddle the waters or willfully ignore the former.total hypocrisy.

No integrity.

I see it as being no different to Ivan yeats flying off to Wales to declare bankruptcy to be honest.
    I loath both equally.however you seem obsessed with only this person's low values.i find that curious.it seems that there's respected gaming of the system and scanger gaming of the system. Fine Gaelers are black and white on the latter and like the muddle the waters or willfully ignore the former.total hypocrisy.

Nijmegen wrote: »
    SF policies in all of their manifestos have been to strengthen and grow the welfare state, including their 2020 manifesto. So if she is a TD supporting a SF government or campaigning for one in future, she is drawing water to her own well. She’s a perfect example of the type of person anti-SF voters can point to and say “they want more of this.”

People were stating that TD's who were calming hundreds of thousands in expenses. Were not doing anything wrong

They were using loopholes in the system to claim them.

These are people leading the country on fairly big wages 100K+

I imagine someone with kids and a sick husband is going to take what she's entitled to?

The non SF TD is using loopholes

SF TD is a scumbag...

Interesting

Not paying your rent and especially to a charity are not the actions of a person with any integrity.

• Advertisement

I'm glad you accept that overly generous welfare spending has "enabled" those who just want to sponge off the system.

In its manifesto (see the section on social protection), Sinn Fein proposes to "increase the main working age rates to €245 and the increase for children to €48.50 and €82.40 for those under and over 12 years respectively."

Someone on social welfare with five children would profit handsomely from these proposals.

What do you think these policies will accomplish? Surely they will only further "enable" people like Ms Wynne?

Oh I'm sure SF's manifesto is full of things I don't agree with.

But it's not SF's policies that enabled miss wynne

I imagine someone with kids and a sick husband is going to take what she's entitled to?

You seriously have to be messing rolling out that line again.

Not paying your rent and especially to a charity are not the actions of a person with any integrity.

But she didn't claim anything she wasn't entitled to right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

People were stating that TD's who were calming hundreds of thousands in expenses. Were not doing anything wrong

They were using loopholes in the system to claim them.

These are people leading the country on fairly big wages 100K+

The non SF TD is using loopholes

SF TD is a scumbag...

Interesting
    I didn’t comment once on people taking expenses? I’m sure somewhere in the mists of my posts I’ve long said all expenses should be vouched and indeed the salary and pension for TDs are crazy.

I’m also of the belief that you can think 2 things ought to be addressed at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭This is it

You're making a fool of yourself trying to defend the indefensible.

The lack of personal responsibility displayed by this woman is astounding, and I have no doubt that more indescresions will come to light. And this is just one of many unknown SF TDs.

You seriously have to be messing rolling out that line again.

Well we need to keep it in check. highly paid td's with many businesses earning hundreds of thousands. Fleecing the tax payer of hundreds of thousands

compared to a mother of 5 kids with a sick husband

big difference.

But she didn't claim anything she wasn't entitled to right?

She sums up the definition of 'sharp practice' for me.

But it's not SF's policies that enabled miss wynne

Over the past decade, Sinn Fein has consistently criticized the government for imposing "austerity" (even when social welfare rates increased in real terms due to deflation).

They believe that current social welfare policies are inadequate. They want to spend even more.

By your own logic, this will further "enable" those who want to game the system at the expense of taxpayers.

Over the past decade, Sinn Fein has consistently criticized the government for imposing "austerity" (even when social welfare rates increased in real terms due to deflation).

They believe that current social welfare policies are inadequate. They want to spend even more.

By your own logic, this will further "enable" those who want to game the system at the expense of taxpayers.

As I said.

It's not SF's policies that are in place. It's not SF enabling wynne.

It's FG/FF

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    This is just insane.

This woman has been living on benefits with 5 kids for how many years, and she gets elected on a platform of demanding change?

It's incomprehensible.

She lives in a state that functions well enough for her unemployed self, her unemployed disabled husband and 5 children to live on around 50 grand per year.

And she thinks that she, who chose to stiff a non profit organisation out of 12 grand, an anti vaxxer, who chose to have more children while not in a position to afford them, is in a position to deliver much needed "change".

the bloody cheek of her. what an insufferable ingrate. she's a honestly disgrace.

• Advertisement

She sums up the definition of 'sharp practice' for me.

Would you agree that Ivan yeats engaged in sharp practice declaring bankruptcy in another country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

36e is what you get added to your weekly payment per child up to 4

it's not exactly a key to riches

It is if you spend only 6 of it on the kids

It's incomprehensible.

She lives in a state that functions well enough for her unemployed self, her unemployed disabled husband and 5 children to live on around 50 grand per year.

And she thinks that she, who chose to stiff a non profit organisation out of 12 grand, an anti vaxxer, who chose to have more children while not in a position to afford them, is in a position to deliver much needed "change".

the bloody cheek of her. what an insufferable ingrate. she's a honestly disgrace.

Yet gave it all up to serve the country for average ind wage.

Will donate the 12k back

How many TD's tht hve fkced us over for in some cases forbillions or were the cause of young women dieing.

What are those TD's doing to make up for what they've done?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

huh

It's FG policies that enabled her not SF.

Which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That myth has been well and truly busted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Will donate the 12k back

How many TD's tht hve fkced us over for in some cases forbillions or were the cause of young women dieing.

I do like the point the finger tactic deployed by SF at everything

It’s always someone else’s fault...

Plus most people start out trying to be good politicians and then fail

SF haven’t even got into office and they are already fleecing the tax payer....great hopes ahead for the economy with this shower

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It is if you spend only 6 of it on the kids

You're giving 36e per child

Very difficult to raise a child on 36e.

So its no way of becoming rich.

if you think so, try it out and let us know how you get on.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I do like the point the finger tactic deployed by SF at everything

It’s always someone else’s fault...

Who's SF in this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Will donate the 12k back

do you get time and a half on Sundays?

Also, donate? you mean pay her arrears?

• Advertisement

It's not SF's policies that are in place. It's not SF enabling wynne.

I'm asking you what SF's social welfare policies would do, if implemented.

You refuse to accept that the even higher rates of social welfare spending proposed in SF's manifesto will further enable the likes of Ms Wynne.

SF will take the perverse incentives created by FF- and FG-led governments and make them worse.

If you believe that FG have "enabled" spongers like Ms Wynne, just wait till you see what SF will do.

Advertisement