Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭anewme

limnam wrote: »
    Yet gave it all up to serve the country

Serve the Country?

I wouldn't trust her to serve in McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

I'm asking you what SF's social welfare policies would do, if implemented.

You refuse to accept that the even higher rates of social welfare spending proposed in SF's manifesto will further enable the likes of Ms Wynne.

SF will take the perverse incentives created by FF- and FG-led governments and make them worse.

If you believe that FG have "enabled" spongers like Ms Wynne, just wait till you see what SF will do.

I said I'm sure there's many things in SF's manifesto I don't agree with.

I'm not refusing to accept anything. The point is the outrage of what wynne was claiming had nothing to do with SF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Who's SF in this case?

Well I seen plenty of FG employees knocking around this place last few years, looks like SF is deploying same tactics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

I said I'm sure there's many things in SF's manifesto I don't agree with.

Such as?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Well I seen plenty of FG employees knocking around this place last few years, looks like SF is deploying same tactics

Yep I've been hiding in non political fora for 7 years waiting for my moment.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yet gave it all up to serve the country for average ind wage.

This is untrue.

I feel sorry for the children in these cases. It's sad up and down the country many are counting pennies to see if they can afford kids while a cohort just continue to push them out in spite of personal circumstances. The kids have no chance.

Her election doesn't really reflect well on the people of Clare. There are many SF candidates doing good work, she do doesnt appear to be one.

But it's not her fault its the system. She should have been evicted and someone next on the list should have been accomodated.

Her election doesn't really reflect well on the people of Clare. There are many SF candidates doing good work, she do doesnt appear to be one.

Have you looked into some of the other options in clare?

Voting when not in the dial, not turning up for committee meetings etc

It wasn't that much if a surprise

Lads between wages and expenses robbing us of 200k a pop not turning up for work

Such as?

I'll put it like this.

Home owners. Two professionals. Private health insurance. Private pensions.

As far as SF is concerned I guess two high earners.

There's not much in their manifesto for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

anewme wrote: »
    Serve the Country?

I wouldn't trust her to serve in McDonalds.

You don't need to worry about that. That's an actual job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Bill 2.0 wrote: »
    I see another newly elected SF TD (Réada Cronin) has been quoted as claiming that the last UK election was rigged by Mossad.

What kind of a collection of nutcases have people elected?

Link

• Advertisement

I'll put it like this.

Home owners. Two professionals. Private health insurance. Private pensions.

As far as SF is concerned I guess two high earners.

There's not much in their manifesto for me.

Well another 5-10% of your wages In tax to give to the wasters in Ireland is what in the manifesto

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Well another 5-10% of your wages In tax to give to the wasters in Ireland is what in the manifesto

Well unlike you, I don't believe everyone on SW is a waster.

There's definitely problems with how SW is setup, but it doesn't look like any of the parties have the appetite to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

There's definitely problems with how SW is setup, but it doesn't look like any of the parties have the appetite to fix it.

That's the biggest problem with cases like this. Just leads to social housing bashing.

People who don't pay for a period should be evicted, plenty of deserving people waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

No one believes everyone on SW is a waster. Everyone accepts some people on it are milking it for all they can while not contributing a damn thing to the rest of society.

And one of these has just been elected to try to run the country.

That's the point.

The issue with SW is that people can make more from that than actual employement. The system is shattered and FFG didnt fix it and SF wont either. In reality for a lot of people there is no cut off and they dont need to look for work or contribute. My PRSI is through the roof at the moment.

Look, there are some real genuine cases. DA and Carers are an example here. But there are a lot of full time system gamers who for one reason or another wont work and dont have to. Giving them a house at 30 or 40 a week only incentivises this further. McDonalds etc will hire almost anyone.

How can people keep claiming if they have contributions made? Thats the question that needs answering.

What illness did her husband have?

And I thought Limerick Hospital and the health service nationally was at breaking point. But Ms Wynn was taking her partner there everyday. That’s some service.

What illness did her husband have?

And I thought Limerick Hospital and the health service nationally was at breaking point. But Ms Wynn was taking her partner there everyday. That’s some service.

She'll be claiming milege for it now.

The issue with SW is that people can make more from that than actual employement. The system is shattered and FFG didnt fix it and SF wont either. In reality for a lot of people there is no cut off and they dont need to look for work or contribute. My PRSI is through the roof at the moment.

Look, there are some real genuine cases. DA and Carers are an example here. But there are a lot of full time system gamers who for one reason or another wont work and dont have to. Giving them a house at 30 or 40 a week only incentivises this further. McDonalds etc will hire almost anyone.

How can people keep claiming if they have contributions made? Thats the question that needs answering.

You cannot get additional benefits like fuel allowance if you are on Carer’s allowance. Unlike long term jobseekers, you wouldn’t be entitled to a stepping stone amount when you return to the workforce either.

Oh, it’s taxable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭BnB

You're giving 36e per child

Very difficult to raise a child on 36e.

So its no way of becoming rich.

if you think so, try it out and let us know how you get on.

It probably wouldn't be easy to raise a child on €36.

That's why I have a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bill 2.0

You cannot get additional benefits like fuel allowance if you are on Carer’s allowance. Unlike long term jobseekers, you wouldn’t be entitled to a stepping stone amount when you return to the workforce either.

Oh, it’s taxable too.

The person you are caring for gets the fuel allowance.

It's only taxable if you exceed certain income limits which you wouldn't if it was your only source of income.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cosybeach

the vote for this career welfare TD must be the norm in kilrush

BnB wrote: »
    It probably wouldn't be easy to raise a child on €36.

That's why I have a job.

She has one now.

Hopefully everything stays rosy for you :)

Did I say everyone is?

Some parties have tried, I expect SF to just increase the problem so pushing more money to the waster part of social welfare

To be honest at this stage with jobs in Ireland it harder not to find a job than to find a job if you want.....

She has one now.

Hopefully everything stays rosy for you :)

What do you mean by that. Everything stays rosy for me because myself and my wife work damn hard to provide for my family.

What do you mean by that. Everything stays rosy for me because myself and my wife work damn hard to provide for my family.

Hopefully you'll never have to be dependent on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭anewme

A lifestyle choice is not dependent.

anewme wrote: »
    A lifestyle choice is not dependent.

Thats as true as it is irrelevant in relation to what I was replying to.

Why would I be dependent on it?

• Advertisement

Why would I be dependent on it?

Get sick.
    lose jobs.
    SF get in and economy goes down the pan

We're all a tiny bit of bad luck away

Advertisement