Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

1641 wrote: »
    I would be interested in any party's proposal to tackle this. Certainly it should be there before any more funding for social housing.

I've seen posters on boards come up with some good proposals

Is it that difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Boggles wrote: »
    Why are her kids going to 2 separate national schools?

How do they exactly qualify for a taxi service?

It's the entitlement culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

limnam wrote: »
    I've seen posters on boards come up with some good proposals

Is it that difficult?

If people are not paying the only option is to throw them out, then you have them all on TV/radio and its the poor wee mammy with 10 kids hanging out of her and the opposition throwing s**t at the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If people are not paying the only option is to throw them out,

No it isn't.

Deduct from source, problem solved.

Again Fine Gael policy or lack there of.

Or should we just blame every other party who have never been in governance, because that sounds rather daft, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

If people are not paying the only option is to throw them out, then you have them all on TV/radio and its the poor wee mammy with 10 kids hanging out of her and the opposition throwing s**t at the government.

That's the only option?

There's no way to change how the money is collected etc?

The only thing we can up with is make people homeless?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So nothing.
    No and I can see yet another banner for you to take up if they had. Local government is supposed to govern, but it doesn't and hasn't done for as long as the State has been in existence. The supremely undertalented, self-absorbed councillors are a bad enough scourge but this is about the employee pool and very poor systems. The new HSE guy came from Fingal, which I believe does function a whole lot better now.

No it isn't.

Or should we just blame every other party who have never been in governance, because that sounds rather daft, doesn't it?
    Councils are the problem, councils.

No it isn't.

It that not two different departments and probably breaking all sort of human right rules etc?

If it wsa that easy why dont they do already?

I know they have tried where possible to pay the landlord directly instead of the tenant but that doesnt work when landlord is county council

is_that_so wrote: »
    Councils are the problem, councils.

Councils would not have the requested power to legislate for a deduct at source policy.

That would need to come from central governance.

Just like the LTP.

So no, your are very much incorrect.

That's the only option?

There's no way to change how the money is collected etc?

The only thing we can up with is make people homeless?

Yes, make them homeless.....

Then next time they will pay

• Advertisement

It that not two different departments and probably breaking all sort of human right rules etc?

So should we all file a complaint with the UN over LPT? :)

Councils would not have the requested power to legislate for a deduct at source policy.

That would need to come from central governance.

Just like the LTP.

So no, you are very much incorrect.
    Nope, council lack of collection of monies owed is the problem. This is just your suggested solution to that.

So should we all file a complaint with the UN over LPT? :)

I don't see LPT getting taken out of my wages, I offered to paid at source or you can pay direct.

I would doubt anyone not paying rent will offer to pay at source.

Small bit of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Wow. The persecution by bluebots of a rural mother is horrifying.

I suppose like Bridget McCabe they want her to go away and die.

Ah jaysus if you are going to start a competition about which party is linked to the deaths of most mothers you are on for a hiding to nothing.
    But of course all the deaths that sinn fein were linked to, condoned and sometimes offered a mealy mouthed apology for, are in the past.
    Right:rolleyes:
    blanch152 wrote: »
    And then there was Reada Cronin, making the Uk Labour Party look like an Israeli front. It seems that these new SF TDs are the gift that keeps on giving.

The shinners must have a course in offering apologies at this stage.
    Could be worse.

Could be the minister that keeps on killing.

You crowd really have a hard on for killing, whether it is your side or the other.
    smurgen wrote: »
    32 million seems small compared to the 400+ million Goldman Sachs have syphoned off tax free. The managing director is married to none other than the newly elected fine Gael TD Jennifer McNeil

https://twitter.com/Astraea1974/status/1229888036969861120?s=19

That reminds me I looked up Hugo MacNeill's rugby career for Ireland and it reminded of one of his fellow internationals whose career was cut short at 27 by an IRA car bomb.

Ah but shure we can't dwell in the past now can we. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

I don't see LPT getting taken out of my wages, I offered to paid at source or you can pay direct.

I would doubt anyone not paying rent will offer to pay at source.

Small bit of a difference?

You don't offer, that's the point, you make it law.
    Revenue may instruct your employer or pension provider to deduct your outstanding Local Property Tax (LPT) liability from your salary or occupational pension. This will occur if an LPT return or LPT payments are outstanding, or if the payment method selected by you is not honoured.

If you do a tax return and are owed money, LPT will be taken first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Hon the Banner,where else would it happen,Clare voters show the way by electing a local SF hero!!.

A jokeshop?,i wonder will she apply for income supplement and perhaps another carer while she is looking after the affairs of the nation?

Hon the Banner,where else would it happen,Clare voters show the way by electing a local SF hero!!.

A jokeshop?,i wonder will she apply for income supplement and perhaps another carer while she is looking after the affairs of the nation?

Who did you vote for yourself?

Did they get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

Its quite clear the media have an agenda against Sinn Fein, picking out comments on social media of all things.

Media holding public representatives to account for things they actually say??

Why the bastards!!!!!

So what if her previous views are strange or at odds with how the majority think,

I think we should be told and can make up our own minds.
    What about Dara Murphy claiming fraudulently for expenses he did not incur.
    Read about it in the main stream media
    What about Josepha Madigan encouraging Maria Bailey to go ahead with a false claim.
    What about Maria Bailey herself going with ahead with the false claim all the while we have the so called Taoiseach saying he wanted to do something about the compensation culture in this country and help the people who get up early in the morning to work.
    What about the sheer incompetence of Eoghan Murphy, Simon Harris, Regina Doherty among many other tds of theirs.
    Read about it ad nauseum the main stream media

I wouldn't worry too much about rural TDs getting a pasting in the main papers. Parochial folk down the country lap this up and tend to return such maligned miscreants to the Dail with increased majorities.
    Ask Michael Lowry.
    Or the Healy-Raes.

Madd Finn wrote: »

I wouldn't worry too much about rural TDs getting a pasting in the main papers. Parochial folk down the country lap this up and tend to return such maligned miscreants to the Dail with increased majorities.
    Ask Michael Lowry.
    Or the Healy-Raes.

I have Bertie on the phone you, he wants to talk about himself and Charlie Haughey. Line one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This thread is like an exercise in whataboutery.

The fact is that she's an elected politician with some questionable stuff in her (recent) past, and the public, and the boards public, are going to highlight that.

The thread about Maria Bailey was kept on the front page of the CA forum for months, to keep up that little angle of pressure on FG.

This may end up being the same, just different posters doing it. It's the same contorted defence we see of other politicians in other parties, just with roles reversed.

This is what happens when you get enough seats to be in with the big boys, muck-raking and point-scoring is part of the game.

• Advertisement

You don't offer, that's the point, you make it law.

If you do a tax return and are owed money, LPT will be taken first.

You do a tax return

So you are earning money.....yes its a tax

you are talking about taking money off people with no income, as I am no solicitor but I would doubt it is that easy, if so why havent they done it?

As mentioned if the council uses a landlord they pay the rent direct to them but they cant for others.

I think you need to check in more detail into your plan, from what I can see I dont see how it would be allowed.

They should chnage the law to dump these people on the street if they dont pay, simple as that

osarusan wrote: »
    This thread is like an exercise in whataboutery.

The fact is that she's an elected politician with some questionable stuff in her (recent) past, and the public, and the boards public, are going to highlight that.

The thread about Maria Bailey was kept on the front page of the CA forum for months, to keep up that little angle of pressure on FG.

This may end up being the same, just different posters doing it.

This is what happens when you get enough seats to be in with the big boys, muck-raking is part of the game.

You trying to tell me with a straight face that SF have been immune from constant muck-racking in the past and it is a new phenomenon because they won 35 odd seats?

:)

You trying to tell me with a straight face that SF have been immune from constant muck-racking in the past and it is a new phenomenon because they won 35 odd seats?

:)

Nobody had to mud rack

They went on TV and told everyone or shouted stupid stuff at large gatherings

That the difference, SF went out of way to find mud on other politicians, to find on SF you just need to google :P:P:P:P:P

you are talking about taking money off people with no income, as I am no solicitor but I would doubt it is that easy

Welfare is income.

I just quoted to you the piece from revenue where they are legally entitled to deduct at source for the LPT, wages or pensions. i.e. income.

You don't have to be a solicitor, if the legislation it put in place it becomes LAW.

The question remains why have successive governance of FF and FG not done this.

Like I said it's beyond bizarre blaming parties who have never been in governance.

That the difference, SF went out of way to find mud on other politicians, to find on SF you just need to google :P:P:P:P:P

You have heard that Maria Bailey interview right?

Welfare is income.

I just quoted to you the piece from revenue where they are legally entitled to deduct at source for the LPT, wages or pensions. i.e. income.

You don't have to be a solicitor, if the legislation it put in place it becomes LAW.

The question remains why have successive governance of FF and FG not done this.

Like I said it's beyond bizarre blaming parties who have never been in governance.

LPT has nothing to do with social welfare so I think you need to get that out of your head.....

Are you going to start quoting TV license next as some sort of reference point? its not......If a government could just deduct at source they would of done years ago.

You do realize different taxes have different laws around them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You have heard that Maria Bailey interview right?
    Everyone remembers that bar maria.she sounded pished.

If a government could just deduct at source they would of done years ago.

Sorry what is that "fact" based on? :pac:

The government are legislators, they can bring in a law in a week to collect at source if they so choose. It's called a law.

They chose not to. It's as simple that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Nobody had to mud rack

They went on TV and told everyone or shouted stupid stuff at large gatherings

You don't even need to google, they make the front pages by themselves.

• Advertisement

Sorry what is that "fact" based on? :pac:

The government are legislators, they can bring in a law in a week to collect at source if they so choose. It's called a law.

They chose not to. It's as simple that.

I doubt it’s as simple as that as I already mentioned

Come back with a legal statement to say it’s that simple and will take notice, at the moment your basing your argument on a property tax, which has nothing to do with eating/living etc.....

Advertisement