Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    A member for literally a wet week telling posters what they should be discussing?

Back to Parnell Square with you.

You only showed up before the election and dissapeared after it.pipe down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

smurgen wrote: »
    You only showed up before the election and dissapeared after it.pipe down.

Yet another lie.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

One thing you can say for the shinners, they usually have good discipline. A bit of high spiritedness after the election and up the ra aside, the moment these previously no hoper candidates got in they had them frog marched out to give statements; lock down and cleanse the twitter accounts. The trouble FG had with Maria B was that she was able to go off and dig the hole deeper for herself, ignoring the advice and pleading of her party colleagues to not do stupid things to further the issue. In SF you take your orders from above, or else, as the many many bullying claims out of the party show (let alone getting into anything about army councils).

We’re effectively now arguing over the same ground because unlike in other parties, they’re containing it. For now. I’d be surprised if some of these candidates are still running the next GE unless it’s really soon. They run the party like a well oiled military machine.

Nijmegen wrote: »
    One thing you can say for the shinners, they usually have good discipline. A bit of high spiritedness after the election and up the ra aside, the moment these previously no hoper candidates got in they had them frog marched out to give statements; lock down and cleanse the twitter accounts. The trouble FG had with Maria B was that she was able to go off and dig the hole deeper for herself, ignoring the advice and pleading of her party colleagues to not do stupid things to further the issue. In SF you take your orders from above, or else, as the many many bullying claims out of the party show (let alone getting into anything about army councils).

We’re effectively now arguing over the same ground because unlike in other parties, they’re containing it. For now. I’d be surprised if some of these candidates are still running the next GE unless it’s really soon. They run the party like a well oiled military machine.

It's not sinn fein's fault Maria Bailey went on the air langers drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

It's not sinn fein's fault Maria Bailey went on the air langers drunk.

Didn’t say it was SFs fault. I said it’s the difference between SF and other parties - they typically have excellent control over their people versus other parties that typically do not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ShylockWept

It strikes me as bizarre the number of anti-SF threads appearing since election

I say a lot of posters are moving their money around this week.

They may have to pay a little tax on their second or third mansion

I have noticed over a long period of time on this site that there is always an attitude of "don't complain and get on with it"

Now I know

I think there are many millionaires and psoh people on this site...I suspect BMW drivers living in D4 with lots to lose because of SF...what they fear is their wallet because that is all people of such ilk care about

So have a moral conscience...contribute towards society...and stop moving your money around to pay lower taxations...you have your big house, pension, and exotic holidays, liberal agendas et al...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Plenty of FG and FF at it too just so ya know lol.

https://extra.ie/2019/12/23/news/irish-news/printed-leaflets-binned-tds

Whataboutery. But none to the extent of Toner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Didn’t say it was SFs fault. I said it’s the difference between SF and other parties - they typically have excellent control over their people versus other parties that typically do not.

Other parties don’t have an armed wing to “encourage” discipline.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

leck wrote: »
    Did the rural resettlement scheme play a part in keeping that school open for so long. I don't have a sub to the Irish Times so can't read this full article, but it begins "Rural resettlement body acts to save Clare school. Rural Resettlement Ireland (RRI) yesterday moved to secure the future of a ..."

After the Wynne family moved into Kilrush, maybe their children were taxied out to Tullycrine to keep the school numbers up?

They moved to Tullycrine under Rural Resetlement in 2011 so the nearest school was TullyGrine NS. It clsed it doors in the Summer of 2014. Pupils where offerd choice of relocation of Kilmihil,Coraclare or Killmurry McMahan the later is closest to Tullycrine. As they were evicted in the summer of 17 and it is probably the case that they could not get a place in Kiltrush that quick. So the children would have had to be taxied or drove Kilmurry McMahon from Kilrush. Its rural Ireland there is no public transport avaiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I think there are many millionaires and psoh people on this site

It's the best way to mix it up with the proles without having to smell them and risk static shocks from their sportswear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Questioning a public representative about their private family life is what shouldn’t happen. Just because they are public representatives themselves doesn’t mean their private and family life is open to the public.

Why don’t u go f urself well ridicule them if u don’t mind ! We pay there wages !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    A member for literally a wet week telling posters what they should be discussing?

Back to Parnell Square with you.

Yes, but this poster is not an SF supporter and is not an SF voter. Same as limnam.

Firstly, it is entirely appropriate to look at what those in public office say and do.

In fairness, she has walked back her statement on vaccine ("not what I believe now / not in line with party position"). So ok.

But this and the matter of the €12k rent arrears points at a person who has a bit to do to prove themselves a competent, honest and above board public representative.

I think the other thing about curious Violet-Anne is that she's basically got a history that points to the type of welfare-dependency / can't pay/won't pay attitude SF wants to support with even more welfare and taxes on those out working. And as a public rep she has put herself in the spotlight on this, the same way that another politician going on about housing whilst being a landlord should be questioned on their background.

Her partner is indeed the same John Montaine who is the toothless fella with a criminal history for drug possession. So you have here 5 kids, won't even pay for social housing and am I starting to see the story of spongers off the state emerging a little? Had four years’ rent arrears of rent up to June 3rd, 2016 and "the family remained in the Tullycrine house until December 2017."

So five and a half years of not paying their rent stretching back to 2012. Indeed she moved to Clare specifically to access cheap social housing as part of the Rural Resettlement Scheme. She's 32 so they got on that train at 24-25. She's brought her kids into stories in her political campaigning, so we can see from what she said herself in this profile of her on Clare radio in January that their 5 kids are quite young - aged 9, 8, 7, 5 and 2. The first child was born ~2011, gets relocated, stops paying rent around child 2, and then has another 3 while not even able to pay rent? So basically, can't/won't pay out €63 per week in rent but has a couple of kids and juices up those welfare payments (if they are struggling enough to not be able to pay the rent, I'm assuming they're getting full ride on welfare. And certainly €700/month just on child benefit.)

More than anything Violet-Anne is an example of the type of person who needs to take more personal responsibility, of her finances and the opinions she puts around, in a party that is focused on giving over more of other people's hard earned cash to people like herself.

Very well said ! man after my own heart , 2 fine politicians gone out over this ! Ffs

They may have had faults but they put clare on the map weren’t afraid to put themselves out there !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Yes, but this poster is not an SF supporter and is not an SF voter. Same as limnam.

As I said. There's _nothing_ in their manifesto for me personally.

If anything if they got in I'm the exact profile to be "hit" by SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

It strikes me as bizarre the number of anti-SF threads appearing since election

I say a lot of posters are moving their money around this week.

They may have to pay a little tax on their second or third mansion

I have noticed over a long period of time on this site that there is always an attitude of "don't complain and get on with it"

Now I know

I think there are many millionaires and psoh people on this site...I suspect BMW drivers living in D4 with lots to lose because of SF...what they fear is their wallet because that is all people of such ilk care about

So have a moral conscience...contribute towards society...and stop moving your money around to pay lower taxations...you have your big house, pension, and exotic holidays, liberal agendas et al...

Are you saying people shouldn;t be allowed to buy a big house, or go on a fancy holiday?

limnam wrote: »
    As I said. There's _nothing_ in their manifesto for me personally.

If anything if they got in I'm the exact profile to be "hit" by SF.

So why post dozens of posts in this thread attempting to defend the indefensible?

mariaalice wrote: »
    She offered to pay back the charity after she was elected very good of her did she change her mine about the vacacations after she got elected too?

No doubt Maria Bailey would love to change her mind too !

So why post dozens of posts in this thread attempting to defend the indefensible?

It's not going to impact on SF getting into government or not.

There's important things to focus and more than happy for people to have a crack of them.

But instead we're seeing people moan about a guy shouting in a pub

Some woman going on holidays etc.

Pointless stuff.

No doubt Maria Bailey would love to change her mind too !

Slow off the mark.

• Advertisement

It's not going to impact on SF getting into government or not.

There's important things to focus and more than happy for people to have a crack of them.

But instead we're seeing people moan about a guy shouting in a pub

Some woman going on holidays etc.

Pointless stuff.

So why spend (or waste) your time defending this lady? What is the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

No, I believe that there should be a massive redistribution of wealth. Outflows should be frozen...it could be legislated for tomorrow if political will is there

Why does anyone need a mansion when there are homeless people?

The rich Irish are losing their strangehold

You know whats happening this week...all the private funds are meeting with their high net worth clients to move their money around

its time for the rich irish to pay

Well hello Mary Lou!

So why spend (or waste) your time defending this lady? What is the point?

Whats the point to discuss non-nonsensical rubbish about people singing songs/waving flags etc?

It's a discussion forum.

Outflows to Nigeria for example, limnam? Racist.

Chucken wrote: »
    As much as it sickens me to quote the sun.....

In a statement today, Ms Wynne said: "I am more than willing to pay back the arrears. Doing so is made more complicated as the Rural Resettlement Ireland is no longer in existence.

"But if paying back the RRI isn't possible, I will instead to pay the money back to a charity such as a mental health charity as those services are under-funded in the region.
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/5098711/violet-anne-wynne-willing-pay-charity-rent-arrears-sinn-fein/

Is that ok for you?

She’s paying it back with our money , that’s if it will ever be paid ! We’ll wait for the receipt !

Whats the point to discuss non-nonsensical rubbish about people singing songs/waving flags etc?

It's a discussion forum.

I am trying to understand why you have posted dozens of posts on a thread about a lady whose party you don’t support and didn’t vote for. Can you not give a straight answer to a simple question? You have probably made more posts that all others combined, which is keeping the thread alive.

I am trying to understand why you have posted dozens of posts on a thread about a lady whose party you don’t support and didn’t vote for. Can you not give a straight answer to a simple question?

A very important thing happened last week.

Something that's never happened in my lifetime or yours.

Could end up to be something for the better. Or could be a right bloody balls up.

And clowns are sitting around getting outraged by a woman falling behind in her rent.

A guy in a pub

A guy in a fcking tri-color

and some woman who went on holidays.

I can't give you a straighter answer than that.

A very important thing happened last week.

Something that's never happened in my lifetime or yours.

Could end up to be something for the better. Or could be a right bloody balls up.

And clowns are sitting around getting outraged by a woman falling behind in her rent.

A guy in a pub

A guy in a fcking tri-color

and some woman who went on holidays.

I can't give you a straighter answer than that.

Still makes no sense.

She’s paying it back with our money , that’s if it will ever be paid ! We’ll wait for the receipt !

Every gob****e in the country will be creaming themselves if she doesn't

Anyway. It's tax payers money, which she is one of them.

• Advertisement

Every gob****e in the country will be creaming themselves if she doesn't

Anyway. It's tax payers money, which she is one of them.

She has never paid income tax in her life before being elected 2 weeks ago.

Advertisement