Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

She has never paid income tax in her life before being elected 2 weeks ago.

She's one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

limnam wrote: »

Anyway. It's tax payers money, which she is one of them.

Maybe. Or maybe she was given a little dip into the Northern Bank bag, to save the Party's blushes.

1641 wrote: »
    Maybe. Or maybe she was given a little dip into the Northern Bank bag, to save the Party's blushes.

or maybe she sticks her arse out of a bush in the phoienix park

I don't particularly care.

unlike most TD's she's rectifying it. other TD's could take a leaf from her book.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

or maybe she sticks her arse out of a bush in the phoienix park

I don't particularly care.

unlike most TD's she's rectifying it. other TD's could take a leaf from her book.

Will she also pay the court costs incurred in getting a judgment for 4 years of rent arrears?

Will she also pay the court costs incurred in getting a judgment for 4 years of rent arrears?

I've no idea.

Mail her and ask?

• Advertisement

She's one now.

For the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

She has never paid income tax in her life before being elected 2 weeks ago.

She will be worse off for sure becoming a td financially , she’ll have give up this free house as well !

She’ll be scrutinised on all her other benefits Surely she’ll be cut down to child allowance only !

I presume her hard working husband will have to give up his job to mind the kids while she makes important decisions for the working people of Ireland !

Omg it’s more than disgusting , but it was all the non working community and few die Hards that voted for this ! I believe there will be serious kick back next election and sf will be obliterated in co clare over this !

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

Plenty of space in 2 primary schools in the town of Kilrush. No one has ever been turned away from either for lack of places.

She will be worse off for sure becoming a td financially , she’ll have give up this free house as well !

She’ll be scrutinised on all her other benefits Surely she’ll be cut down to child allowance only !

I presume her hard working husband will have to give up his job to mind the kids while she makes important decisions for the working people of Ireland !

Omg it’s more than disgusting , but it was all the non working community and few die Hards that voted for this ! I believe there will be serious kick back next election and sf will be obliterated in co clare over this !

Who will clare choose instead?

The lad who was magically able to vote when he wasn't there?

The one who showed up to less than 50% of committee meetings while we're in the middle of the worst housing crisis?

Did I hear today we have the highest amount of 25-29yo living at home with mammy in europe?

That takes some doing *clap clap* FG.

Who will clare choose instead?

The lad who was magically able to vote when he wasn't there?

The one who showed up to less than 50% of committee meetings while we're in the middle of the worst housing crisis?

Did I hear today we have the highest amount of 25-29yo living at home with mammy in europe?

That takes some doing *clap clap* FG.

Well anyone that thinks violet Anne is there missah is sadly mistake I’d bet my life on it - best example of Mary cash

This will be brought up again and again with sf , she’ll be a thorn in Mary Lou side as long as she’s about !
    If Sinn Fein can’t pick a decent candidate how the hell could u consider them to run a country !
    The asses that voted for this should hang there head in shame !

• Advertisement

Well anyone that thinks violet Anne is there missah is sadly mistake I’d bet my life on it - best example of Mary cash

This will be brought up again and again with sf , she’ll be a thorn in Mary Lou side as long as she’s about !
    If Sinn Fein can’t pick a decent candidate how the hell could u consider them to run a country !
    The asses that voted for this should hang there head in shame !

If FG/FF can't pick a decent candidate, how could you consider them to run a country?

Klonker wrote: »
    Sorry, maybe it's already been mentioned here but where is she living now? And is she paying any rent?

https://extra.ie/2020/02/16/news/politics/violet-anne-wynne-rent-charity

It’s the one with the junk thrown outside it , we also here not one in that estate would vote for her!

Wow. Amazing to see these social media trolling attacks on a woman only a few days after poor Caroline Flack's death.

ReAlly bad taste from Blanch152 here.

Typical blue shirt I suppose . Hate filled and anti woman trolls.

U needn’t fear freeloaders wouldn’t enter there mind , Caroline flack worked hard stop comparing them and insulting a dead woman let her rest in peace !

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Balagan1

We put back in a TD who stood over young women dieing of cervical cancer.

This is not a country that demands any standards at all.

Dying.

Its all fake news

We should be discussing the pressing issues - house, health and homelessness

There’s not one bit of it fake news , she has 5 kids doesn’t pay rent , and the news has failed to mention wrecked the last house and this one has been destroyed as well !
    How can u address house health and homelessness when u have abuse of the system like this ! This is the same as insurance scams there taking money that’s needed for people that deserve it !

Claiming not being able to work but we can bring more children into the world , but can’t support the ones we have ! Where is the fairness there for us the state and more important the children !
    They should be taken up for cruelty and wrecklessness - how dare anyone bring a flock of children into this world and not able to support themselves much less more lives !
    How dare they , criminal is what it is !

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

A very important thing happened last week.

Something that's never happened in my lifetime or yours.

Could end up to be something for the better. Or could be a right bloody balls up.

And clowns are sitting around getting outraged by a woman falling behind in her rent.

A guy in a pub

A guy in a fcking tri-color

and some woman who went on holidays.

I can't give you a straighter answer than that.

"falling behind on her rent" hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

i think if SF had put Margaret cash as a candidate she would have got elected (even though her welfare payments and benefits might not have made it worth her while) fair play to the welfare society getting out to vote they deserve to be rewarded while the tax payers who have mortgages and young families just suck it up any future promotion will lightly be 57% tax bracket.
    Our young qualified can emigrate to a future more progressive UK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

i think if SF had put Margaret cash as a candidate she would have got elected (even though her welfare payments and benefits might not have made it worth her while) fair play to the welfare society getting out to vote they deserve to be rewarded while the tax payers who have mortgages and young families just suck it up any future promotion will lightly be 57% tax bracket.

It wasn't the welfare society that voted her in.
    SF won almost every age bracket. What that makes you think of Ireland as a country and its attitude towards politics is another thing

I thought we were at 0 unemployment.

yet SF found half a million voters on SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

And at least 1 elected candidate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

And at least 1 elected candidate

Browne in Tipp was also unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

2 years our of date, but

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/report-gives-stark-warning-were-a-welfare-nation-862072.html
    205k jobseekers, 195k disability

leaves about 100k daft ones.

It wasn't the welfare society that voted her in.
    SF won almost every age bracket. What that makes you think of Ireland as a country and its attitude towards politics is another thing

I thought they got 12.5% of the over 65 vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

All of the things you mention arose under an FG Government and have their roots in predominantly FF coalition governments.

If FFG want working people's votes they should actually represent their interests rather than screwing them and relying on the threat that the left might be even worse for rewarding scroungers at working people's expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

what about the fact that a lot of people in Ireland have had pretty hard lives, born into absolutely futile situations? people who genuinely can not "work their way to the top"...

your ego and pride makes statements such as "i worked my way to where i am"... good for you - you are where YOU want to be - it's not what others would consider where they want to be in life.

and, you are "poor" to a lot of other people in the world

You can work hard to improve your situation even if you don't make it to the top.

I always found it strange to meet people, with little qualifications or experience, who considered themselves above certain jobs necessary to get them a foot on the ladder. Sit on their arses on the dole for years then moan that they can't go straight in and get a job as a manager because everyone else has connections or wealth.
    They'd sneer the person who took the menial job to get onto the ladder and in 10 years be moaning that that person had :pull" and that is how they are now a manager instead on being on the dole like them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I don't use this site v often anymore, now I remember why. People still on about the SF & the scrounger clichés.

I remember after the last election when FG/FF eventually got hitched up, a new word was invented from presumably some PR firm "new politics".

It was new alright but not in a good way. Guess a lot of those people who 'dont get up in the morning' finally decided to do & use their vote.
    I know I did.
    Must admit though, I voted in the late evening :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am trying to understand why you have posted dozens of posts on a thread about a lady whose party you don’t support and didn’t vote for. Can you not give a straight answer to a simple question? You have probably made more posts that all others combined, which is keeping the thread alive.
    If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave it to the mods to look at

Now keep on topic and do not discuss other posters and whatever their motivations may be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I'm living in Dublin but from Limerick and always when my neighbours and colleagues ask I tell them it's a grand place apart from our two dodgy suburbs: Clare and Tipperary.

Never more was that true than now.

I am beyond embarrassed Clare elected this lady.

I'm equally as embarrassed that Clare is so impacted that this is what it has come to: desperation. A lot of Clare and Tipperary people depended on work in Limerick, and still do, but some had jobs locally in Ennis, Nenagh, etc and while they are a proud people the whole place is falling to **** now compared to urban hubs. You have young people chronically unemployed or underemployed or misemployed in their formative years and it's starting to filter through now, and in the format of this fxcking clown of a TD.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think that the people of Clare didn't vote for this lady, they voted for the party, there was absolutely no information available about her before the election because of the arogance of every other candidate, this lady got 385 votes in the local elections in 2019 (source), that's over 23 times LESS votes than she got in the General election.

In my opinion, this person should not have been elected but I did my bit by not voting for her, others voted her in as a protest vote and a vote for SF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Clareman wrote: »
    I think that the people of Clare didn't vote for this lady, they voted for the party, there was absolutely no information available about her before the election because of the arogance of every other candidate, this lady got 385 votes in the local elections in 2019 (source), that's over 23 times LESS votes than she got in the General election.

In my opinion, this person should not have been elected but I did my bit by not voting for her, others voted her in as a protest vote and a vote for SF.

They did vote for her.

They might not have bothered to do their research but they did tick her name on the ballot.

Advertisement