Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

Boggles wrote: »
    Thank God you registered on the site just to tell us that.

:pac:

Everyone, even you has a first post. Good to get some local feedback on this lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Everyone, even you has a first post. Good to get some local feedback on this lady.

I only ever had one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It could be your first or your 10,000 post on here, some people nose will be out of joint and they will have some sort of accusation......

• Registered Users Posts: 7 toaster55

yes i debated whether to bother or not, but i felt the need to comment as i am from the area and the conversation seemed to be going how could we get her elected. it will be interesting how she will get on but we dont have high hopes. west clare is dying and the town she is living in is one of the worst abusers of sw, whole families in cycles of welfare dependency and not one notion of doing anything to better themselves.

toaster55 wrote: »
    yes i debated whether to bother or not, but i felt the need to comment as i am from the area and the conversation seemed to be going how could we get her elected. it will be interesting how she will get on but we dont have high hopes. west clare is dying and the town she is living in is one of the worst abusers of sw, whole families in cycles of welfare dependency and not one notion of doing anything to better themselves.

Thanks for sharing your local knowledge. The likes of limnam (who isn’t a SF supporter or SF voter by the way) would prefer to brush this story under the carpet.

• Advertisement

yes i debated whether to bother or not, but i felt the need to comment

Fair enough, I'll give you a chance so.
    she received very little vote in west clare,

How do you this, have the box tally's been published?

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Thanks for sharing your local knowledge. The likes of limnam (who isn’t a SF supporter or SF voter by the way) would prefer to brush this story under the carpet.

Grow up pal.

Fair enough, I'll give you a chance so.

How do you this, have the box tally's been published?

Link?

Maybe he was at the count centre during counting.

west clare is dying and the town she is living in is one of the worst abusers of sw, whole families in cycles of welfare dependency and not one notion of doing anything to better themselves.

Sorry to hear that.

Have the people in government for the last 10 years done much in the way of bringing in investment in the area?

When you say they're in cycles of welfare dependency

What's the local job market like there?

Maybe he was at the count centre during counting.

Why are you speculating? :confused:

He is posting, I asked him a question, he is well able to answer I imagine.

The counts will be published, so it's not like it will be a hidden secret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 toaster55

Why are you speculating? :confused:

He is posting, I asked him a question, he is well able to answer I imagine.

The counts will be published, so it's not like it will be a hidden secret.

no problem to ask, i actually was at count centre. link below gives breakdown of tallies and commentary of where votes came from

sorry cant post link as new user. see clare echo newspaper for coverage ,
    live-clare-general-election-count

someone who comes second last in a local election six months previously doesnt jump to no 1 in area in that time period. and as i said she is not well known and has offered nothing of benefit to the area, in regard to campaigning or vol activities. i was amazed she was elected as she never came across well in any debates and just spouted the SF manifesto which she obviously rehearsed.

just to add i am not political and not involved with any party. i vote who i think will highlight the issues in the area they are elected. timmy dooley and pat breen were not reelected as they were yes men. again just my opinion to add to the conversation.

no problem to ask, i actually was at count centre. link below gives breakdown of tallies and commentary of where votes came from

sorry cant post link as new user. see clare echo newspaper for coverage ,
    live-clare-general-election-count

Sure just post the number of votes, how many did she get from West Clare constituencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

someone who comes second last in a local election six months previously doesnt jump to no 1 in area in that time period. and as i said she is not well known and has offered nothing of benefit to the area, in regard to campaigning or vol activities. i was amazed she was elected as she never came across well in any debates and just spouted the SF manifesto which she obviously rehearsed.

While I don't believe it to be true (or even plausible) isn't the area for the council elections usually only a portion of the TD election area?

Therefore one could tangibly claim she just ran in the wrong area for the council. i.e. if she had huge support in another council electoral area.

(Again, I don't believe this to be true....but it's not 100% impossible....perhaps just a case of people who actually know her know not to vote for her whereas others just didn't know and voted for the SF badge, assuming she was something other than she is!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

myshirt wrote: »
    I'm living in Dublin but from Limerick and always when my neighbours and colleagues ask I tell them it's a grand place apart from our two dodgy suburbs: Clare and Tipperary.

Never more was that true than now.

I am beyond embarrassed Clare elected this lady.

I'm equally as embarrassed that Clare is so impacted that this is what it has come to: desperation. A lot of Clare and Tipperary people depended on work in Limerick, and still do, but some had jobs locally in Ennis, Nenagh, etc and while they are a proud people the whole place is falling to **** now compared to urban hubs. You have young people chronically unemployed or underemployed or misemployed in their formative years and it's starting to filter through now, and in the format of this fxcking clown of a TD.

Ur embarrassed ! We are mortified over what has happened down here !
    She’s only td from loop head to ennis ! Just disgraceful

myshirt wrote: »
    You haven't done yourself and favours in terms of attracting investment to the region. How is anyone supposed to take the Mid West credibly?

I had my boss over from the States and had wanted to introduce him to the minister for finance while he was here; we are planning 300 jobs (now put on ice); we had a good laugh amongst the management group about the election result; but privately I wasn't laughing.

As a Limerick man in Dublin, I try use whatever influence I have to direct investment to the mid West and to give people a fair shake there as I didn't have that opportunity when I was their age, but the political system doesn't help. I can't bring people to Shannon airport and I definitely can't bring them to meet Violet. It's embarrassing for this country and a shame for Clare.

And look, I'm no FG, FF, SF or any junket. I'm for competence, for decency, for stability, and for economic development for the people of this country no matter which of the fxckers are in office, but we are not going to get there by voting complete clowns like her in.

Well said one of best posts here ,and it’s not her at fault it’s Sinn Fein for putting her forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

While I don't believe it to be true (or even plausible) isn't the area for the council elections usually only a portion of the TD election area?

Therefore one could tangibly claim she just ran in the wrong area for the council. i.e. if she had huge support in another council electoral area.

(Again, I don't believe this to be true....but it's not 100% impossible....perhaps just a case of people who actually know her know not to vote for her whereas others just didn't know and voted for the SF badge, assuming she was something other than she is!)

She lives in Kilrush and ran in Kilrush, and got 385 first preference votes. (Do you have to live in the area/constituency in which you run for local election?)

Obviously what you are saying is possible, but if her power base isn't where she lives...where is it and why doesn't she live there, and how does a local councillor build a power base outside where they live?

I doubt anybody outside Kilrush had even heard of her at the time of the local elections. Tbh I doubt they'd even heard of her at the time of the general election just gone. I vote in Clare and I'd never heard of her anyway.

I think she's the definition of a protest vote from people who were sick of what they perceived as a FG+FF coalition, and in looking around for an alternative, saw the SF candidate as the only real option. Labour didn't run a candidate in Clare, and the rest were independents apart from SOL-PBP, Renua, a National Freedom Party candidate.

Clareman wrote: »
    Pat Breen was Minister of State across the Departments of Enterprise and Innovation, the Department of Employment and Social Protection, the Department of the Taoiseach, and the Department of Justice and Equality with special responsibility for Trade, Employment, Business, EU Digital Single Market and Data Protection for years and didn't do a whole lot for the region, if a first time TD is going to have an influence on whether a company is going to locate in a region or not then I would be extremely doubtful of the validity of that company.

You say you can't bring people to Shannon Airport, why not? There isn't a lot of European flights out of there but transatlantic has brilliant service and I would say that facilities in the airport are as good, if not better, than most other airports.

Pat Breen did a lot more than u think for this region and had 2 best girls anyone could have working for them ! A serious loss to the region and Timmy Dooley another blow to elect this thing instead - omg

Pat Breen did a lot more than u think for this region and had 2 best girls anyone could have working for them ! A serious loss to the region and Timmy Dooley another blow to elect this thing instead - omg

Was Tim Dooley not caught voting when he wasn't there.

Or was he the one that didn't turn up for 50% of the committee meetings.

Hard to keep track of these guys stealing a lviing.

limnam wrote: »

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/michael-and-danny-healy-rae-miss-80pc-of-vote-sessions-in-the-dail-38632362.html

If you are talking about stealing a living you best to start below in Kerry.....thats only the start.....check about diesel claims etc

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/michael-and-danny-healy-rae-miss-80pc-of-vote-sessions-in-the-dail-38632362.html

If you are talking about stealing a living you best to start below in Kerry.....thats only the start.....check about diesel claims etc

You can lump them in too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Fair play to you for keeping this Violent one in the spotlight ........... where she belongs.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Fair play to you for keeping this Violent one in the spotlight ........... where she belongs.

She wont be for long if they have to go to another general election, she will be back stealing off charities

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    She wont be for long if they have to go to another general election, she will be back stealing off charities

She won't do anything to this one. FG pulled their funding.

Probably financing the fake expenses.

She won't do anything to this one. FG pulled their funding.

Probably financing the fake expenses.

Maybe the government pulled their funding because the charity wasn't able to get money off the spongers they gave houses to???

If it turns out that the charity isn't capable of fulfilling their mandate then you can't really keep bailing them out. Better to redirect those funds to another body that possibly can do it properly.

Maybe the government pulled their funding because the charity wasn't able to get money off the spongers they gave houses to???

If it turns out that the charity isn't capable of fulfilling their mandate then you can't really keep bailing them out. Better to redirect those funds to another body that possibly can do it properly.

Some would say with a properly functioning government we wouldn't need these types of charities.

Do we know how many other court cases they had?

Wouldn't sound like great management if one person could cause it considering 60% of people in social housing are in arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Could be worse, could be getting 50k plus in welfare benefits for doing nothing at all.

In fact, if you are a single TD, forced to rent an apartment in Dublin for during the week, as well as renting in the home constituency, you would be worse off financially than our friend Violet.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Could be worse, could be getting 50k plus in welfare benefits for doing nothing at all.

FG Policies.

Where do I sign up.

Some would say with a properly functioning government we wouldn't need these types of charities.

Do we know how many other court cases they had?

Wouldn't sound like great management if one person could cause it considering 60% of people in social housing are in arrears.

Shifting the goalposts much?

Presumably this charity either rented the property or acted as guarantor for the tenant or else they bought it and rented it.

Given limited funds, and no obligation to accept any particular applicant, then a charity could have perhaps have made a better decision.

You say you did not vote for Sinn Fein. Is that because maybe you just didn't vote? Your posts above seem to be extremely vitriolic towards the centre parties of FF and FG.

Some people are just easily misled and believe slogans and rhetoric. Same as what happened across the water for Brexit. You still hear Brits going on about bendy bananas ffs.

Shifting the goalposts much?

Presumably this charity either rented the property or acted as guarantor for the tenant or else they bought it and rented it.

Given limited funds, and no obligation to accept any particular applicant, then a charity could have perhaps have made a better decision.

You say you did not vote for Sinn Fein. Is that because maybe you just didn't vote? Your posts above seem to be extremely vitriolic towards the centre parties of FF and FG.

Some people are just easily misled and believe slogans and rhetoric. Same as what happened across the water for Brexit. You still hear Brits going on about bendy bananas ffs.

Of course people are easily misled.

Were you not around for 2008.

• Advertisement

Sure just post the number of votes, how many did she get from West Clare constituencies?

source.gif

Advertisement