Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

I’d say people might wake up for next vote , bring on election ASAP just to say bye bye to violet

We should wait until she repays the 12k rent arrears that she owes, that is the only chance she will ever pay up.

I wonder if her current landlord knew she went 4 years without paying rent before renting to her. I think the landlord needs to improve the due diligence and reference checks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

We should wait until she repays the 12k rent arrears that she owes, that is the only chance she will ever pay up.

I wonder if her current landlord knew she went 4 years without paying rent before renting to her. I think the landlord needs to improve the due diligence and reference checks. :)

She will never pay that back

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    She will never pay that back

You are very cynical, why not give her the benefit of the doubt? Although they do say that a leopard never changes its spots.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sorry, I thought you said you gave her a preference between 10 and 15.

I did but I don't regard that as giving someone my vote, I would regard that as making sure they didn't get your vote, it's the way I always understood our voting system anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Rita got well shafted by her own party , she’s not in the county council and can’t run for the Seanad over Timmy ! They gave her no support until dieing days !
    They canvassed hard for Crowe even in west clare !
    Omg if we had rita instead of that yoke !

I don't think Rita was going to get a Seanad run anyway, even if Timmy and Crowe got in there's way too many ahead of her in the picking line, she ran a very strong campaign, she's still not forgiven by a lot in FF for running as an independent in the past, I'd imagine she's kicking herself now that she didn't go in with SF, she'd actually have been a great candidate for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

You are very cynical, why not give her the benefit of the doubt? Although they do say that a leopard never changes its spots.

If she wanted to pay it back,take out a loan and pay it back now....

Or SF give her the money and she pays it back

They are just waiting and hoping people will forget

She'll never pay it back as the charity has gone bust but has said she'll donate the money to a charity of their chosing, if I was cynical I would ask about the tax credits for that donation but that'd just me being me :D

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If she wanted to pay it back,take out a loan and pay it back now....

Or SF give her the money and she pays it back

They are just waiting and hoping people will forget

Isn't it SF's policy that TDs pool all their money into a central fund and they get paid a set amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,440 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Clareman wrote: »
    Isn't it SF's policy that TDs pool all their money into a central fund and they get paid a set amount

They spun that myth for years but it would have breached donation rules for the past decade or more.

They are expected to give the max allowable to HQ and also do things like hiring local Councillors as their PA/constituency office staffs - but most party politicians do that anyway; just without any spin about how they're so great they are for it.
    She'll never pay it back as the charity has gone bust but has said she'll donate the money to a charity of their chosing, if I was cynical I would ask about the tax credits for that donation but that'd just me being me :D

There are extremely limited schemes for tax credits on donations. Normally all that can happen is the charity get it as an additional payment from Revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Probably will be deposited in Northern Bank with there own money or one of slab Murphy’s accounts ! Oops is that racist ! I don’t give a **** to be honest !

Yes rita would have been great candidate for them and she would have got to achieve what she wanted a say for west clare !

No, the official policy is that each SF TD is requested to pay EUR 2,500 per annum to the party (the max a private citizen can donate to a political party), they can do as they choose with the rest. They can also choose not to make that donation as they can’t be forced.

The myth that all SF TDs lived on the average industrial wage has been debunked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,440 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Should point out that four-figure-to-max donations are also requested by many other parties, possibly even all of them - can't be arsed going through every SIPO return. But those don't spin yarns about 'average wage'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Her SF profile says "She has three years' infantry training with the reserve defence forces." Was that after attending TCD, or would the defence forces have paid for her education? or maybe it was part-time and after college. Wondering how she fitted in both college and her army career before moving to Clare in 2011 at 23yo.

L1011 wrote: »
    Should point out that four-figure-to-max donations are also requested by many other parties, possibly even all of them - can't be arsed going through every SIPO return. But those don't spin yarns about 'average wage'.

Yes, they stopped with that yarn when Dessie Ellis came clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Whatever way you look at it, the inaction of Violet TD regarding paying her (small by many standards) rent was unreal.

And she is now representing a party via Eoin O'Broin who have the answer to the housing issue. I refuse to call it Crisis.

Disgusting. But will be forgotten in a weeks time I suppose, because those who elected this charlatan and chancer will not see anything wrong with her ways.

Probably multiplied all around the country if the truth be known anyway. Just look at the arrears of rent in the County Councils right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Whatever way you look at it, the inaction of Violet TD regarding paying her (small by many standards) rent was unreal.

And she is now representing a party via Eoin O'Broin who have the answer to the housing issue. I refuse to call it Crisis.

Disgusting. But will be forgotten in a weeks time I suppose, because those who elected this charlatan and chancer will not see anything wrong with her ways.

Probably multiplied all around the country if the truth be known anyway. Just look at the arrears of rent in the County Councils right now.

I don’t think this will go away just ask Maria Bailey !

leck wrote: »
    Her SF profile says "She has three years' infantry training with the reserve defence forces." Was that after attending TCD, or would the defence forces have paid for her education? or maybe it was part-time and after college. Wondering how she fitted in both college and her army career before moving to Clare in 2011 at 23yo.

Would it be naive to believe every word of her SF profile? Or is that too cynical?

Reserve would be part time (in your spare time according to the website). So weekend and University holidays would probably work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭limnam

I refuse to call it Crisis.

Highest number of 25-29 yo living with mammy in Europe

Lowest home ownership in 50 years.

10k+ homeless.

Average monthly rent banging on 1500e

image.jpg?w=444&c=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Wouldn't be hard, a member of the RDF only has to do a 2 week annual camp and a few hours once a week for a few weeks every year iirc. It's not the same as the Perminant Defence Forces.

• Advertisement

I don’t think this will go away just ask Maria Bailey !

There's a bit of a difference.

With Violet.

No one really seems to give a fck :)

limnam wrote: »

image.jpg?w=444&c=1

You could have used that meme earlier when defending Violet-Anne.

Highest number of 25-29 yo living with mammy in Europe

Lowest home ownership in 50 years.

10k+ homeless.

Average monthly rent banging on 1500e

image.jpg?w=444&c=1

It is not a crisis, that is what happened with Comical Ali.

It is a big issue for many, but it seems to be scammed by many on the taxpayer funded housing like Ms Violet.

The fact that she has been elected suggests to me that it is fine to scam a charity and get free housing for yourself, your partner and your five kids.

Not a good thing. But I am sure many will see that it is ok to do this.

I doubt she is alone either.

Not a good thing. But I am sure many will see that it is ok to do this.

About 60% of them already do. Poor management chief.

About 60% of them already do. Poor management chief.

Indeed, if you are referring to the abysmal collection processes of the County Councils of rent arrears.

Big problem In both private and Council, I'd say non payment is rampant, but there is little the LL (including councils) can do apart from a year or two of RTB and/or litigation. Tenant holds all the cards as Ms Violet knows so well.

Not very good IMO. But that's where we are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Did speak well on her maiden speech in the Dail today

Did speak well on her maiden speech in the Dail today

Without a blush to be seen for her actions. Neck like a jockey's bllx. But she is a graduate of Trinity so full on part of the SF cohort I suppose.

Is Eoin O'Broin supporting her actions? He needs to take his Harry Potter glasses off and see the reality of his co Tds. LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Wouldn't be hard, a member of the RDF only has to do a 2 week annual camp and a few hours once a week for a few weeks every year iirc. It's not the same as the Permanent Defence Forces.
    It's a bit of an exaggeration then to refer to it as three years in the infantry.

Did she graduate from TCD or just study there for a while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Without a blush to be seen for her actions. Neck like a jockey's bllx. But she is a graduate of Trinity so full on part of the SF cohort I suppose.

Is Eoin O'Broin supporting her actions? He needs to take his Harry Potter glasses off and see the reality of his co Tds. LOL

O Brion straight from blackrock college, 7k a year private education.

I've no problem with that, but SF should think of that when they call FG posh boys.

• Advertisement

It's a bit of an exaggeration then to refer to it as three years in the infantry.

Did she graduate from TCD or just study there for a while?

She visited the library to study the book of Kells. :)

Advertisement