Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

limnam wrote: »
    There's a bit of a difference.

With Violet.

No one really seems to give a fck :)

Clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

O Brion straight from blackrock college, 7k a year private education.

I've no problem with that, but SF should think of that when they call FG posh boys.

Indeed. Such SF privileged people will always pretend to speak for a certain cohort, but are far from it naturally I think. They will never have to deal with this themselves, and I know that O'Broin says he is renting not owning just to be fair.

I suppose no party will succeed if they don't have the so called privileged amongst them either. Goes for everyone despite SF wanting everything for everyone at the expense of the so called RICH, omg. Talk about deluded.

Anyway, interesting times ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

leck wrote: »
    It's a bit of an exaggeration then to refer to it as three years in the infantry.

Did she graduate from TCD or just study there for a while?

I don't know. I was only commenting from what I know of the RDF, she could have been a very active member, but it's still nowhere near the same level of commitment as the PDF which is a full time professional job. The RDF is part time. I remember when I was in the RDF someone once commenting that U12s girls football team trained more often than we did. What bothered me more was that it was true!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I do think a strong social welfare system is a vital and necessary part of a social democracy such as the one we have. However we do need to ask very valid questions as to why there has been such a massive increase in the number of people who are now claiming disability.

David McWilliams wrote about this in his blog in 2013: http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/the-mystery-of-disability/

As of 2018 there were 126000 people in receipt of disability payments. This is an increase of 42000 people in only 10 years. Disability payments now total almost €1.3 billion in direct payments, as well as the indirect payments related to carer allowances, medical cards, housing, and so on, and so forth.

We are now the most disabled nation in the EU. There's no doubt that some of the increase is down to better detection and treatment of mental health issues. However the spike in the number of people reporting as disabled is extraordinary. We are either becoming a much sicker society (which doesn't stand up to much scrutiny when you see our stats relating to quality of life, healthcare outcomes, and age of death), or something else has happened.

What that something else is about is worthy of an honest debate. The reality is that we cannot continue to invest in vital infrastructure and services while our social welfare bill continues to balloon. There isn't an infinite pot of money. This is just one example.

Wait until you see what starts to happen in the next 10 years when a growing group of pensioners living into their late 80's and 90's keep looking for their state pension (as they are perfectly entitled to). And people complain about immigration!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Everytime I hear her name I hear "Violent and win!" Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Really not worth 68 pages !
    The woman is odd but there are as many more odd tds rolling around making stupid comments for years , and they don't get half the bile this particular one is getting..why is that?
    Like Greta , the Cash woman , and other threads , mostly women getting a bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Rita got well shafted by her own party , she’s not in the county council and can’t run for the Seanad over Timmy ! They gave her no support until dieing days !
    They canvassed hard for Crowe even in west clare !
    Omg if we had rita instead of that yoke !

Look at Rita's work ethic compared to that leech, she employs people in her community, involved in Ennis chamber of commerce (or has done for 13 years) generally a very active business profile. Poor Rita must be fuming that your wan with 5 state sponsored kids, state sponsored couch seeking drug convicted partner, not to mind herself who was running this family and oversaw the trashing of at least 2 free houses and defilement of a charity can reach the top of local politics. I can't stand people who won't work, the couch seekers of this world, the non working class and yes, county Clare has voted unbeknown to itself one of these losers, a lot of blame has to go to the running of the government over the last few years in fairness but give me Pat Breen or Rita over this scab.
    Why can't a politican or a party come out and say we're going to reform the social welfare, reduce the massive bill it brings, and with it try to aim and actual achieve zero unemployment(probably impossible as most of these goms are beyond employable)
    Ids say they'd walk in at election time. While your at it say you'll reform justice too, another **** storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

limnam wrote:
    I didn't run.

limnam wrote:
    Why do I need solution's?

burner!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Without a blush to be seen for her actions. Neck like a jockey's bllx. But she is a graduate of Trinity so full on part of the SF cohort I suppose.

Is Eoin O'Broin supporting her actions? He needs to take his Harry Potter glasses off and see the reality of his co Tds. LOL

I think he's going for the Thomas clarke or James Joyce look.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

There's a bit of a difference.

With Violet.

No one really seems to give a fck :)

Ah if Sinn Fein made government Ud be surprised how stuck the papers are repeating the same thing ! People are sick of spongers and she might just have timed it right for to made an example off !
    And what better than a td to hound and ridicule for answers on large families, no house , no job !
    This is what she’s elected to represent the the people for so she’ll have to have answers !
    Might be one of the best things that ever happened show this for what it is and show the people of Ireland the equivalent of a tax payers job as against this Mary cash type !

• Advertisement

Macdarack wrote: »
    Look at Rita's work ethic compared to that leech, she employs people in her community, involved in Ennis chamber of commerce (or has done for 13 years) generally a very active business profile. Poor Rita must be fuming that your wan with 5 state sponsored kids, state sponsored couch seeking drug convicted partner, not to mind herself who was running this family and oversaw the trashing of at least 2 free houses and defilement of a charity can reach the top of local politics. I can't stand people who won't work, the couch seekers of this world, the non working class and yes, county Clare has voted unbeknown to itself one of these losers, a lot of blame has to go to the running of the government over the last few years in fairness but give me Pat Breen or Rita over this scab.
    Why can't a politican or a party come out and say we're going to reform the social welfare, reduce the massive bill it brings, and with it try to aim and actual achieve zero unemployment(probably impossible as most of these goms are beyond employable)
    Ids say they'd walk in at election time. While your at it say you'll reform justice too, another **** storm.

Exactly why can’t social be reformed simply 1 child and 50% on second , nothing after that ! It does not take any genius to come up with a way to discourage something that’s not bc wanted !
    God almighty these people bloody well don’t what these children , and we for certain don’t want the state funding them for next 80years of a bum live style !

I wonder what is the true cost of a child Born into non working parents to this state if they repeat what there parents did ?
    There’s no way 1 million would cover it , from free house , medical , and everything else that goes with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭golfball37

I’m from clare didn’t vote for her and wouldn’t but some of the comments here are downright disgusting.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    The woman is odd but there are as many more odd tds rolling around making stupid comments for years , and they don't get half the bile this particular one is getting..why is that?
    Like Greta , the Cash woman , and other threads , mostly women getting a bashing.

She can expect more of it !
    I never asked her to put herself forward to represent me or my family I detest freeloaders ! Kilrush the town she lives in has been turned into a ghetto mainly by 1 or 2 families they have introduced foreign nationals into ever habitable house there with last few years at our expense !
    The town was bad enough with drugs and there own breed not working now we have these people which seem to be in there late years in life 60 plus to contend with !
    Property is worth noting there houses change hands even these weeks at 50k but will still make rent from council at 600/700 / month !
    Not bad if u house a few hundred of these! I think it’s called laundering money legitimately !
    And CAB have been here but I guess they didn’t do there work properly !
    Three towns exist in west of Ireland Kilrush , tuam and rathkeale they were given the burden of housing extra on working people 70 years ago and this has been the result! And a minority of there own take advantage of the leeches from drugs to housing , loan sharks u name it , it happens here !
    Anyway I must get up it’s 6 in the morning go earn a living besides giving myself a heart attack over these leeches !

golfball37 wrote: »
    I’m from clare didn’t vote for her and wouldn’t but some of the comments here are downright disgusting.

Were only getting started believe u me I’m not putting up with her representing me or our kind ! If we have to start a campaign to get her and Sinn Fein out the next time we will !
    We can’t bring any new company to Shannon or the region it’s a embarrassment to ask her to meet them ! Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pol12

Pat Breen did a lot more than u think for this region and had 2 best girls anyone could have working for them ! A serious loss to the region and Timmy Dooley another blow to elect this thing instead - omg

Political answer Pat. I did more than you think.
    Why don't you tell us what you think he did?

I didn't vote for her and will never vote SF

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Reads like nearly every TD's expense report.

Accept it's hundreds of thousands a year. Not 64e a week.

Can you accept this lady did wrong?
    Do you not see the impact of her actions?

Or are you just going to keep what abouting

About 60% of them already do. Poor management chief.

So should management evict them? And house families that would pay?

They would be hammered by the media

Goldengirl wrote: »

Are these ladies elected representatives of the people of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

So should management evict them? And house families that would pay?

They would be hammered by the media

Creating more homelessness won't go down well.

All though some bright sparks thinks it will "teach them a lesson"

No, just change the collection method.

Can you accept this lady did wrong?
    Do you not see the impact of her actions?

Or are you just going to keep what abouting

If her aim was to never pay from the get go.

I'm not happy.

• Advertisement

IHowever we do need to ask very valid questions as to why there has been such a massive increase in the number of people who are now claiming disability.

We are now the most disabled nation in the EU

With the most broken health care system in the eu it's not that surprising.

People can't even get on with a GP as they're full up.

We also have the lowest spend in the OECD on disability.

I see that the tweets of Violet-Anne are now protected. Won’t be long before her account is deleted like her colleague Reada Cronin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I see that the tweets of Violet-Anne are now protected. Won’t be long before her account is deleted like her colleague Reada Cronin.

They will be all sitting in a deleting Twitter, shower of crack pots

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

smurgen wrote: »
    32 million seems small compared to the 400+ million Goldman Sachs have syphoned off tax free. The managing director is married to none other than the newly elected fine Gael TD Jennifer McNeil

https://twitter.com/Astraea1974/status/1229888036969861120?s=19

He's a Seanad candidate as well

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Direct from source? Wages, benefits etc?

I'd be in board with that.

Would favour a change in now waiting lists are managed as well, ideally rewarding low income workers, with a yearly review and rehousing based on circumstances. E.g. no more two people in a three bed as their kids have grown up.

Might have been this tweet:
    In a tweet on December 20th, Violet-Anne Wynne posted, “John Downey out on bail, about time too. Enjoy your Christmas comrade”

https://www.clareecho.ie/clare-td-violet-anne-stands-by-support-for-alleged-ira-bomber-john-downey/

This is the shower of scumbags people voted in, no surprise

Direct from source? Wages, benefits etc?

I'd be in board with that.

Would favour a change in now waiting lists are managed as well, ideally rewarding low income workers, with a yearly review and rehousing based on circumstances. E.g. no more two people in a three bed as their kids have grown up.

Yep,

With you all the way. You should consider running :)

Throw them out, only way to teach the waster in this country

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    This is the shower of scumbags people voted in, no surprise

Yeah, and instead of being open to scrutiny like any other democratic party, they protect their tweets and delete their twitter accounts.

Advertisement