Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Racist anti-Semite TD Reada Cronin probably posted more offensive tweets among her 125,000 tweets than the rest of the country combined.

proof?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

limnam wrote: »
    Oh you selected the one crack you had off someones mental health but left everything else there.

Some man.

Why did Reada feel the need to delete all her tweets? What did she not want us to find?

Why has Violet-Anne protected her tweets? What does she not want us to find?

Why did Reada feel the need to delete all her tweets? What did she not want us to find?

Why has Violet-Anne protected her tweets? What does she not want us to find?

Why are you asking me?

mail them and ask them..

proof?

Proof of what? That she is a racist anti-semite?

Herself, Mary Lou and McDoherty were falling over themselves apologising for her tweets yesterday.

Proof of what? That she is a racist anti-semite?

Herself, Mary Lou and McDoherty were falling over themselves apologising for her tweets yesterday.

of the thousands of tweets...

50 thousand right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I'm not a SF or John Brady fan but the lies about him still living in a council house are old hat on this site. Its not true.

That’s not interesting, Joey. Nothing to do with Brady living in a council house. No; more to do with his views on certain matters.....

Why are you asking me?

mail them and ask them..

I know you don’t support or vote for SF but apparently you know more about Violet-Anne’s situation, so I thought you might know more about her protecting her tweets.

of the thousands of tweets...

50 thousand right?

For all we know. She has wasn’t prepared to let us read them.

What did she have to hide?

What was worse than the racist anti-semitic material that had already been uncovered?

I know you don’t support or vote for SF but apparently you know more about Violet-Anne’s situation, so I thought you might know more about her protecting her tweets.

Don't know anymore of it than you Mr February.

For all we know. She has wasn’t prepared to let us read them.

What did she have to hide?

What was worse than the racist anti-semitic material that had already been uncovered?

Maybe she was having a crack of someone with mental health problems?

No one would go that low though....right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Is this the change that SF voters actually want? Looks like a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The SF leadership don’t seem to take any sort of responsibility for their party members, and they certainly don’t seem to want to clean up their party.

Yeah in the past other parties had TDs who fecked up, but is that a valid excuse to allow this crap now and in the future? What sort of change is that?

Maybe she was having a crack of someone with mental health problems?

No one would go that low though....right?

So you consider that to be worse than the racist antisemitism? Thanks for clarifying.

Don't know anymore of it than you Mr February.

So your previous claims to have more information on her situation were bogus?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Is this the change that SF voters actually want? Looks like a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The SF leadership don’t seem to take any sort of responsibility for their party members, and they certainly don’t seem to want to clean up their party.

Yeah in the past other parties had TDs who fecked up, but is that a valid excuse to allow this crap now and in the future? What sort of change is that?

In fairness they have been cleaning up the twitter accounts. One deleted, one private and likely to be deleted any minute now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

proof?

Here

If you don't view the Irish Times as credible, you can see the Tweets yourself. As much as I shudder to use Gript as a source, they have screenshots of her Tweets which are fairly shocking.

I feel sorry for McDonald. Sinn Féin pulled an electoral blinder and lately she's having to focus on firefighting a rake of controversy from her new TDs.

Lockstep wrote: »
    Here

As much as I shudder to use Gript as a source, they have screenshots of her Tweets which are fairly shocking.

I feel sorry for McDonald. Sinn Féin pulled an electoral blinder and lately she's having to focus on firefighting a rake of controversy from her new TDs.

I was loking for the 50k tweets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Fine Gael TD apologizes for labeling Sinead O'Connor 'mad as a brush'

More delted tweets.

Just having a crack of someone with mental health issues

Yeah they behave like TD's alright :confused:

This what abouting very repetitive

Mary Lube McDonald did make me chuckle though so thanks.

What someone says on Twitter for the most part doesn't concern me.

I was loking for the 50k tweets

Why don’t you get her to restore her deleted twitter account then we can all take a look.

Mary Lube McDonald did make me chuckle though so thanks

He doesn’t seem to realise that people will continue to post as long as he is on defending Violet-Anne, so he is keeping the thread alive.

He doesn’t seem to realise that people will continue to post as long as he is on defending Violet-Anne, so he is keeping the thread alive.

I'm actually surprised more hasn't been made if it in the media.

We had Maria Bailey watch for ages.

• Advertisement

That’s not interesting, Joey. Nothing to do with Brady living in a council house. No; more to do with his views on certain matters.....

Are his views worse than the racist anti-semitism from party colleague Reada Cronin?

Fine Gael TD Kate O’Connell has admitted her ‘Mary Lube McDonald’ Tweet was not right but defended her right to attack ‘ludicrous’ policy proposals.

:eek::eek:

Apart from the fact it was her advisor and sister this is correct

And it was very funny, comments like that should be encouraged

I'm actually surprised more hasn't been made if it in the media.

We had Maria Bailey watch for ages.

This thread will continue for a while. The worst thing Reada Cronin could do was to delete her Twitter account and the 125,000 tweets.

Raises the question of what else was on there that hadn’t already made it to the news.

What other abhorrent views does she hold beyond the racist anti-semitism?

Apart from the fact it was her advisor and sister this is correct

And it was very funny, comments like they should be encouraged

I should start to fact check limnam rather than take his posts at face value. Between this and the knowledge of Violet-Anne’s circumstances claim he is earning a reputation as a spoofer. Not to mention that he does not support or vote for SF.

Mary Lube McDonald did make me chuckle though so thanks.

What someone says on Twitter for the most part doesn't concern me.

It sure is. But alas I think it's important all TD's are been held to same standards and not just SF ones.

It sure is. But alas I think it's important all TD's are been held to same standards and not just SF ones.

They are, there was media coverage of all the above.

The Bailey thread was on the front page here for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 40,230 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mary Lube McDonald

Lube?

What's the joke?

I should start to fact check limnam rather than take his posts at face value. Between this and the knowledge of Violet-Anne’s circumstances claim he is earning a reputation as a spoofer. Not to mention that he does not support or vote for SF.

I never claimed to have any knowledge of Violet.

Nothing was spoofed. Quote was lifted as it was from the article.

But much like SF voters, you should definitely be fact checking.

I will ask once more - do you consider the Mary Lune comment to be on a par with the racist anti-semitism spouted on twitter by SF TD Reada Cronin? Simple Yes or No answer will do.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Lube?

What's the joke?

She said people should have more babies. Lube can aid people in the act of procreating. It rhymes with her name. I enjoy stupid puns

Advertisement