Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

They are, there was media coverage of all the above.

The Bailey thread was on the front page here for ages

I was referring to the all TD's should leave all their tweets public aspect.

If one should, they all should no?

I will ask once more - do you consider the Mary Lune comment to be on a par with the racist anti-semitism spouted on twitter by SF TD Reada Cronin? Simple Yes or No answer will do.

I'll tell you once more.

I think TD's slating someones mental health who is known to have mental health issues. Much worse.

Next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

limnam wrote: »
    I was referring to the all TD's should leave all their tweets public aspect.

If one should, they all should no?

I actually agree, they should be able to do whatever they want with them

I actually agree, they should be able to do whatever they want with them

We're aligned. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

We're aligned. :)

Strange that SF don’t seem to be aligned. One account deleted, one account protected, pending deletion.

• Advertisement

Strange that SF don’t seem to be aligned. One account deleted, one account protected, pending deletion.

and that mad eejit singing wha?

mad February isn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Boggles wrote: »
    Lube?

What's the joke?

I'd have gone with Mary 'Balloon' Mcdonald myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,230 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

She said people should have more babies. Lube can aid people in the act of procreating. It rhymes with her name. I enjoy stupid puns

No it doesn't.

Lube rhymes with tube not Lou.

Mary "Poo" McDonald.

High brow stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

In fairness they have been cleaning up the twitter accounts. One deleted, one private and likely to be deleted any minute now.

Straight from the Magennis Bar cover-up manual. Destroy all evidence and frustrate any investigation. Remember 71 potential Shinner witnesses said they saw nothing because they were in the toilet at the time. The toilet measured 4ft by 3ft.

You can never believe anything from a Shinner. For them "truth" is just a strange foreign sound.

1641 wrote: »
    Straight from the Magennis Bar cover-up manual. Destroy all evidence and frustrate any investigation. Remember 71 potential Shinner witnesses said they saw nothing because they were in the toilet at the time. The toilet measured 4ft by 3ft.

You can never believe anything from a Shinner. For them "truth" is just a strange foreign sound.

Whats this got to do with SF?

You're comparing a brawl in a pub that was caused by a man making insulting comments to women. To someone deleting a social media profile on comments made before they were a TD?

Leo has asked for privacy around things in his past such as his drug taking.

Ah c'mon Leo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

limnam wrote:
    You're comparing a brawl in a pub that was caused by a man making insulting comments to women. To someone deleting a social media profile on comments made before they were a TD?

Mother of God

Stop with the whatabouting

Yes every party has people that have acted inappropriately

Why the need to defend this SF politician when you're lambasting other TDs for similar misdeeds?

What is the point?

Necro wrote: »
    Mother of God

Stop with the whatabouting

Yes every party has people that have acted inappropriately

Why the need to defend this SF politician when you're lambasting other TDs for similar misdeeds?

What is the point?

We're attacking a few women now at the moment. Which one am I defending

limnam wrote:
    We're attacking a few women now at the moment. Which one am I defending

Simple question

Have these SF TDs acted appropriately for public representatives.

Yes or No.

Whats this got to do with SF?

Leo has asked for privacy around things in his past such as his drug taking.

Ah c'mon Leo

Murder of of an innocent man is not a "brawl in a pub". The cover up though is typical of the Shinners - destroy all the evidence immediately, deny everything, don't cooperate. Same as the deletion of the Cronin twitter account here.

And it is also relevent that one of the 71 present in the bar that night who claimed to have seen nothing is now a Sinn Fein minister in Stormont.

Shinners just don't do "truth".

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/unsolved-murder-casts-a-shadow-over-belfast-s-new-mayor-1.3525899
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Robert_McCartney

Murder of of an innocent man is not a "brawl in a pub". The cover up though is typical of the Shinners - destroy all the evidence immediately, deny everything, don't cooperate. Same as the deletion of the Cronin twitter account here.

And it is also relevent that one of the 71 present in the bar that night who claimed to have seen nothing is now a Sinn Fein minister in Stormont.

Shinners just don't do "truth".

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/unsolved-murder-casts-a-shadow-over-belfast-s-new-mayor-1.3525899
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Robert_McCartney

A brawl broke out due to a man making insulting comments to women.

This brawl led to someone been stabbed.

You want to compare this to someone deleting a social media account ?

Simple question

Yes or No.

Simply question, does it really matter?

The 2 key issues for the election were Health and Housing.

I didn't see many concerned about stupid musings on social media from years ago.

Simple question

Yes or No.

On Violet, I said already I'd need to understand more about the circumstances that led up to it. It's also something that happened I believe before she was a public Representative.

she's also offered to pay back the 12k

Much like Leo's drug habbits fueling criminal gangs. It was before he was a TD. He wants privacy around illegal actions he carried out before he was a TD.

So does that hold true for all TD's or just FG ones?

A brawl broke out due to a man making insulting comments to women.

This brawl led to someone been stabbed.

You want to compare this to someone deleting a social media account ?

If there ever was an insult to a woman it was not that night. That alleged happening was on another occasion. Some of the large Shinner mob in the pub attacked the person they say made the insult on another occasion, and his friend tried to defend him. He was murdered. Stop trying to defend the murderers and attribute blame to the victim (Someone else here alleges you are not even a Shinner. You certainly behave like one).

The direct relevance here is the immediate impulse to destroy evidence, minimise the event and deny everything else. Never admit the truth. Must be part of the Shinner code.

With the Shinners, the cover-up is always part of the story.

If there ever was an insult to a woman it was not that night. That alleged happening was on another occasion. Some of the large Shinner mob in the pub attacked the person they say made the insult on another occasion, and his friend tried to defend him. He was murdered. Stop trying to defend the murderers and attribute blame to the victim (Someone else here alleges you are not even a Shinner. You certainly behave like one).

The direct relevance here is the immediate impulse to destroy evidence, minimise the event and deny everything else. Never admit the truth. Must be part of the Shinner code.

Not defending anything. I just fail to see the connection to it to someone removing tweets that were sent before they were a public rep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Great name. Keep thinking this is one of those ghostly unsolved mysteries from the 19th century.

• Advertisement

limnam wrote:
    Much like Leo's drug habbits fueling criminal gangs. It was before he was a TD. He wants privacy around illegal actions he carried out before he was a TD.

Ah so back to the whataboutery instead of a straight answer.

Right you be then.

Boggles wrote:
    The 2 key issues for the election were Health and Housing.

Exactly.

And you have someone representing SF who is (or was) absolutely part of the problem.

A trinity graduate to boot, refusing to pay rent and amassing 12k in arrears.

And people want to defend her?

Absolutely mental stuff.

and that mad eejit singing wha?

mad February isn't it ?

?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

On Violet, I said already I'd need to understand more about the circumstances that led up to it. It's also something that happened I believe before she was a public Representative.

she's also offered to pay back the 12k

So does that hold true for all TD's or just FG ones?
    You know the title of this thread, right?
    It's about VA Wynne.
    Who, it transpires, stole from a housing charity for 4 years refusing to pay the measly rent of ~€60. In fact, she took it to such an extreme that she forced that homeless charity to persue her in the high court, where she was legally found to be overholding and rightly evicted.

That homeless charity no longer exists. One wonders how much the ultimate cost of the high court cost that charity, and how much of an impact it had on that charity. It's public knowledge that court fees are exorbitant. Did it cause the charities ultimate collapse?

And how many genuinely homeless people, honest people who needed a house, were directly impacted by the actions of this unscrupulous character? Certainly the house she held would have housed another more deserving family, but how many more could have been housed with the funds wasted in the high court battle?

...but no, limnam, you can't condemn her or her actions.

I suppose your eagerness to engage in whataboutry is telling of the challenge this poised your position. It's ok to like Sinn Feinn. It's ok if you voted for them. But it's not ok to defend VA Wynnes actions.

Zulu wrote: »

That homeless charity no longer exists. One wonders how much the ultimate cost of the high court cost that charity, and how much of an impact it had on that charity. It's public knowledge that court fees are exorbitant. Did it cause the charities ultimate collapse?

I'd put that down to FG pulling funding but. Whatabouttery etc etc etc

You know the title of this thread, right?
    It's about VA Wynne.
    Who, it transpires, stole from a housing charity for 4 years refusing to pay the measly rent of ~€60. In fact, she took it to such an extreme that she forced that homeless charity to persue her in the high court, where she was legally found to be overholding and rightly evicted.

And how many genuinely homeless people, honest people who needed a house, were directly impacted by the actions of this unscrupulous character? Certainly the house she held would have housed another more deserving family, but how many more could have been housed with the funds wasted in the high court battle?

...but no, limnam, you can't condemn her or her actions.

I suppose your eagerness to engage in whataboutry is telling of the challenge this poised your position. It's ok to like Sinn Feinn. It's ok if you voted for them. But it's not ok to defend VA Wynnes actions.

I should point out that limnam does not like SF. He does not support them and did not vote for them.

He has mentioned mysterious circumstances regarding Violet-Anne and her 4 years of rent arrears but he is unable or unwilling to elaborate on those circumstances.

I should point out that limnam does not like SF. He does not support them and did not vote for them.

He has mentioned mysterious circumstances regarding Violet-Anne and her 4 years of rent arrears but he is unable or unwilling to elaborate on those circumstances.

Don't recall saying I don't like them.

I don't think of them as a brand

I like Eoin O'Broin probably one of the brightest TD's in Ireland. If I lived his constituency I would vote for him.

Does that make you feel better? That I would vote for a SF candidate?

Nah - she was "researching homelessness" and the oppressiveness of the paedophiliac court system so as to better inform Sinn Fein policy and good governance.

Exactly.

And you have someone representing SF who is (or was) absolutely part of the problem.

A trinity graduate to boot, refusing to pay rent and amassing 12k in arrears.

And people want to defend her?

Absolutely mental stuff.

Or someone who has been through the system and knows it's pitfalls.

We can't all be like Leo owning an apartment in Dublin at 24 because the parents give us a large wad.

The Cancel Culture really has become an absolute cancer.

Give her a go as a public rep and legislator, she was democratically elected a fact that seems to have been drowned out by all the lemon sucking and cries of wambulance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I'd put that down to FG pulling funding but. Whatabouttery etc etc etc
    You do know that your avoidance is laughable, right? I mean, it's as clear as day to everyone here. It's comical.

Advertisement