Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Boggles wrote:
    Give her a go as a public rep and legislator, she was democratically elected a fact that seems to have been drowned out by all the lemon sucking and cries of wambulance.

The housing charity gave her a go, that didnt work out too well for them did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Zulu wrote: »
    You do know that your avoidance is laughable, right? I mean, it's as clear as day to everyone here. It's comical.

Avoidance of what ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

limnam wrote: »
    I'd put that down to FG pulling funding but. Whatabouttery etc etc etc

For someone that is constantly claiming you dont support Sinn Fein you are doing a hell of a jon

You are on this thread or any of the other threads on here badmouthing every other party and hailing the coming of Sinn Fein for at least 3 days non stop now

You havent a single good word to say about any other party and refuse to see any bad in a person ripping off a charity.

If this was a FG thread now you would be getting accused of been part of the FG social media team. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Avoidance of what ?
    Brilliant! :D

...you can't condemn her or her actions, can you?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If this was a FG thread now you would be getting accused of been part of the FG social media team. :P

The one they spent 90k on which resulted in Leo embarrassingly having to pull vidoes from?

Money well spent.

Post a story on a good job by a TD from another party and I'll come in and clap along with you.

Maybe this, oh wait

No beds for 2,655 people in Irish hospitals this week.

470 people are waiting for beds this morning, with the highest trolley figures in:

UH #Limerick: 54 people
    UH #Galway: 46 people
    #Cork UH: 42 people

*clap clap*

Important issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,230 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Necro wrote: »
    The housing charity gave her a go, that didnt work out too well for them did it?

Yip it was a FG government who pulled their funding which forced them to shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Boggles wrote: »
    Or someone who has been through the system and knows it's pitfalls.

We can't all be like Leo owning an apartment in Dublin at 24 because the parents give us a large wad.

The Cancel Culture really has become an absolute cancer.

Give her a go as a public rep and legislator, she was democratically elected a fact that seems to have been drowned out by all the lemon sucking and cries of wambulance.

Yes she was democratically elect so what. Can we not question who action. I suppose we can not do the same to Leo Varadker, Simon Harris Michael Martin. It is right just like with any other politican we question things they do that are hypocritical to there supposed now ideals

Zulu wrote: »
    Brilliant! :D

...you can't condemn her or her actions, can you?

Oh,

Yes, sure absolutely I could. As I said.

If this was her plan from the start I'd be more than happy to condemn her.

But as she's a mother with 5 kids and a sick husband etc I'd like to understand more about what happened. Why did the payments go sporadic. What happened in the fall out.

Yip it was a FG government who pulled their funding which forced them to shut down.

Ya the money having to go to court or not going to court had nothing to do with it. She is entirely blameless. :(:confused::cool:

Yes she was democratically elect so what. Can we not question who action. I suppose we can not do the same to Leo Varadker, Simon Harris Michael Martin. It is right just like with any other politican we question things they do that are hypocritical to there supposed now ideals

Leo, Simon and Michael are questioned on their track record of governance, because they have a track record.

This lady doesn't.

You see the difference?

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote:

Pretty sure the likes of Violet and her ilk not paying rent for FOUR years didnt help their situation.

But sure let's just ignore that and not criticize SF politicians in the way we do with every other party who have unscrupulous representatives.

They were democratically elected too, amirite?

Ya the money having to go to court or not going to court had nothing to do with it. She is entirely blameless. :(:confused::cool:

For Fine Gael policy to cut funding, yes.

What part of that confused you?

If a charity is setup in a way for housing a single household falling behind could end it. Something is setup badly. Considering 60% of people in social housing are in arrears

What killed it was a FG government pulling their funding. The chair of the charity stated it was like pulling teeth working with them and was very critical of their housing policy. Probably why they pulled funding :)

Pretty sure the likes of Violet and her ilk not paying rent for FOUR years didnt help their situation.

But sure let's just ignore that and not criticize SF politicians in the way we do with every other party who have unscrupulous representatives.

They were democratically elected too, amirite?

Checks thread.

Yip she is being ignored all right. :confused:

Boggles wrote:
    Yip she is being ignored all right.

So no answer to the rest of it.

Aye tis the SF way of obfuscation.

I'll leave you to it so

So no answer to the rest of it.

Aye tis the SF way of obfuscation.

I'll leave you to it so

Sorry, what? :confused:

The majority of thread is ripping the lady to shreds but for some reason you are in here claiming it's being ignored.

Probably best you leave, have a good one.

If a charity is setup in a way for housing a single household falling behind could end it. Something is setup badly. Considering 60% of people in social housing are in arrears

What killed it was a FG government pulling their funding. The chair of the charity stated it was like pulling teeth working with them and was very critical of their housing policy. Probably why they pulled funding :)

Its a charity, what sort of scum would steal from a charity?

Then what sort of person wouldsay the charity is at fault for someone stealing off them?

FG didnt kill the charity. So that line is idiotic

Leo, Simon and Michael are questioned on their track record of governance, because they have a track record.

This lady doesn't.

You see the difference?

So we should only hold them account to what they do while a TD and the rest should not be looked at?

Sorry, what? :confused:

The majority of thread is ripping the lady to shreds but for some reason you are in here claiming it's being ignored.

Probably best you leave, have a good one.

How is she been ripped to shreads?

All people are questioning is

1. Why would SF run candidate like this
    2. Why hasnt she paid back the money
    3. Will she pay it back
    4. Really should a person who seems to think it is ok to steel fromcharity be allowed in government

Now you can deflect all you want and point at sun,moon and stars but thats the points.....

For Fine Gael policy to cut funding, yes.

What part of that confused you?

I blame FG for cutting funding however I also blame those who did not pay rent and had to be pursued in court. Maybe that was 1 of the reason they cut funding. But no she is blameless

• Advertisement

Maybe if the people also paid rent and not have to go to court they may have survived on less funding. Maybe 70 30 blame

Its a charity, what sort of scum would steal from a charity?

Then what sort of person wouldsay the charity is at fault for someone stealing off them?

FG didnt kill the charity. So that line is idiotic

No one said it was the charities fault for someone stealing if that's what happened.

Focus now. The point was made if a single household falling into arrears could bring it down then there's a problem. As 60% of people in social housing are in arrears.

FG pulled funding from the charity. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

As I pointed out a fair few pages back (haven't read all in between), a reason for pulling their funding might have been that they weren't fulfilling their mandate properly.

If you go and set up a charity and get funding for some initial capital and your plan is to use that to buy a few houses, and then use the income from those houses to administer your charity and potentially expand the houses you own, then the government might award you a grant/funding.

If it turns out that the people running the charity (as genuine as they try to be in their efforts doing so) make bad decisions and aren't able to run it the way they stated because they allow spongers to rip them off, then the funding should rightly be pulled because the model does not work. Funding is limited. Give it to the people who can actually implement what they want to do

It would be great if things did work like that. I could set up my own "charity". Get a million from the government, but a couple of apartments in the city centre, put a few of my buddies into them, not collect the rent and then go back cap-in-hand for more money to buy more :pac:

If the likes of your wan sponger mcspongepants poor disadvantaged Trinity College psychologist had been paying back her measly 60 quid a week for herself, her waster partner (he was described on here as such) and her gaggle of kids, then sure maybe the charity would still be up and running and helping others.

Of course, you can moan about the need for a charity and blame the government, but who is really to blame? How can you really run any system when you educate people up to a very high standard at a world-renowned university, and then instead of them taking that opportunity and making something of it, they sit on their arses and ask to be handed more. If she was moaning about lack of jobs when she graduated then sure she could have travelled for a year or two, built up some experience and come back as an asset to the country. Instead of pissing away her 20's on the dole, effectively squatting illegally in someone else's house.

So we should only hold them account to what they do while a TD and the rest should not be looked at?

Should be.

but if that's the case. What's running the country is an illegal drug user who's drug habit funded criminal gangs.

Right man at the top? or is there another way to do this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Jesus, the blanket denial that she did anything wrong or deserves any kind of criticism is truly pathetic.

One of the worst threads I've ever seen for deflection and whataboutery.

No one said it was the charities fault for someone stealing if that's what happened.

Focus now. The point was made if a single household falling into arrears could bring it down then there's a problem. As 60% of people in social housing are in arrears.

FG pulled funding from the charity. Fact.

So a charity should set itself up so it can combat people ripping it off?

You have some deranged view of life.

You cant blame FG for scum stealing off charities.

The amount of BS from you which all points back to FG. Grow up. How come the majority of Ireland could succeed and have very few issues with FG now for years but it seems you cant get out of bed with some excuse which leads back to FG....

FG made mistakes, I didnt vote for them in last election and this one either. Mostly because of children hospital and BB. FG or FF or any party in Ireland cannot combat against thief like this, and blaming a charity as well is a new low for someone on boards.

Maybe this is the way forward in Ireland, scum robbing from charities and then people backing them up and clapping them on the back for doing it. Its not the way I will bring up my children but I would prefer not to be associated with Ireland then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Should be.

but if that's the case. What's running the country is an illegal drug user who's drug habit funded criminal gangs.

Right man at the top? or is there another way to do this ?

If you’re going to go back that far, how about the rest of us bring up the SF/IRA bombings again? Do you really want that?

FG threw two TDs out for their actions, SF shrug their shoulders and say that they can’t control their own party members.

SF is a cesspit.

As I pointed out a fair few pages back (haven't read all in between), a reason for pulling their funding might have been that they weren't fulfilling their mandate properly.

If you go and set up a charity and get funding for some initial capital and your plan is to use that to buy a few houses, and then use the income from those houses to administer your charity and potentially expand the houses you own, then the government might award you a grant/funding.

If it turns out that the people running the charity (as genuine as they try to be in their efforts doing so) make bad decisions and aren't able to run it the way they stated because they allow spongers to rip them off, then the funding should rightly be pulled because the model does not work. Funding is limited. Give it to the people who can actually implement what they want to do

It would be great if things did work like that. I could set up my own "charity". Get a million from the government, but a couple of apartments in the city centre, put a few of my buddies into them, not collect the rent and then go back cap-in-hand for more money to buy more :pac:

If the likes of your wan sponger mcspongepants poor disadvantaged Trinity College psychologist had been paying back her measly 60 quid a week for herself, her waster partner (he was described on here as such) and her gaggle of kids, then sure maybe the charity would still be up and running and helping others.

Of course, you can moan about the need for a charity and blame the government, but who is really to blame? How can you really run any system when you educate people up to a very high standard at a world-renowned university, and then instead of them taking that opportunity and making something of it, they sit on their arses and ask to be handed more. If she was moaning about lack of jobs when she graduated then sure she could have travelled for a year or two, built up some experience and come back as an asset to the country. Instead of pissing away her 20's on the dole, effectively squatting illegally in someone else's house.

If 12k in arrears sunk the charity, I doubt it was viable.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    If you’re going to go back that far, how about the rest of us bring up the SF/IRA bombings again? Do you really want that?

FG threw two TDs out for their actions, SF shrug their shoulders and say that they can’t control their own party members.

SF is a cesspit.

Looks like you missed the point.

That's ok

• Advertisement

So a charity should set itself up so it can combat people ripping it off?

Needs to be viable.
    You cant blame FG for scum stealing off charities.

You can blame it for pulling funding from a housing charity during one of the biggest housing crisis.
    The amount of BS from you which all points back to FG. Grow up. How come the majority of Ireland could succeed and have very few issues with FG now for years but it seems you cant get out of bed with some excuse which leads back to FG....

Sorry?

It seems like 80% of people who voted had an issue with FG. Bizzare.
    FG made mistakes, I didnt vote for them in last election and this one either. Mostly because of children hospital and BB. FG or FF or any party in Ireland cannot combat against thief like this, and blaming a charity as well is a new low for someone on boards.

Not blaming the charity. I think it's clear I'm blaming FG for pulling funding.

Maybe this is the way forward in Ireland, scum robbing from charities and then people backing them up and clapping them on the back for doing it. Its not the way I will bring up my children but I would prefer not to be associated with Ireland then

Well the current "scum" are stealing 20m from the disabled.

Or a woman struggling to pay her rent....

Toughie

Advertisement