Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

limnam wrote: »
    So now their doctor was incompetent too.

Hehehe.

Come of it.

U sure love winding - lol

https://www.rte.ie/news/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

riddles wrote: »

As we have seen in the election the everything should be free brigade is on the cusp of taking over.

surely if people wanted all the free things, they would stay with FF/FG?

They're the ones giving it out. There's no SF policies funding the current 20bn a year SW bill

And your favourite scrounger Violet-Anne took full advantage. And then some, to the time of 12k rent arrears, from a charity. Lowest of the low stealing from a charity.

I'd be more concerned about "scumbags" taking 20m from disabled people.

Not a woman with 5 kids and a sick partner who's paying back the 12k

• Registered Users Posts: 19,845 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

And your favourite scrounger Violet-Anne took full advantage. And then some, to the time of 12k rent arrears, from a charity. Lowest of the low stealing from a charity.

Lets be honest though too. It's not really just 12k arrears. It's 12k arrears of an already subsidized rent. It took years for that 12k to build up.

It's having the neck to squat in a property for year after year without making any attempt to pay.

12k rent might not seem that long to someone with a family of 5 working and living in Dublin. This "lady" and her family scammed to live for free for basically almost her entire 20's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Looks like there was payments, then sporadic payments. Would seem odd to do this if the plan was to never pay.

Then there was the fall out and then no further payment.

I'd just like to understand that before lashing into a woman with 5 kids and a sick partner.

Would ever stop trying the defend the absolutely indefensible? It's perfectly reasonable that a citizen living on social welfare benefits should be able to stand for election. It's unlikely they will be elected but given they are as in this case, their background in dealing with social welfare and housing charities has to be ultra squeaky clean. And it clearly isn't in this case, SF clearly did not do due diligence when they allowed her to go forward. For most ordinary people doing their best to pay their way in society, you might as well kick them in the goolies.

As for Leo admitting to trying a joint sometime, to make him out as funding the drug lords is just plain rubbish. You do the party that you purport to support, no favours at all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

https://www.rte.ie/news/ someone is looking for pound of flesh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

That's why I'd like to hear what the fall out was.
    Its safe to suspect the fall out was over rent arrears, but that's besides the point.

Fall out or not, she was obliged to pay rent. Having a "fall out" with the charity doesn't excuse her obligation to pay rent.

But weirdly you dont have a problem with that; you're going to great lengths to defend the indefensible.

EX RUC man who's father was killed by the IRA says stuff about SF and the IRA

Just as this situation was getting boring.

You should report said scumbags. CAB can seize this 20m that they took. Unless of course you are talking shite

Is there any way that I can take advantage of this "20m" amnesty? What can I get away with because of these "scumbags" stealing? TV licence? income tax? property tax? Paying for things in shops rather than walking out with them in my pocket? Scamming a pensioner out of their savings? All of the above?
    I'd like some exemptions too please. ;)

Zulu wrote: »
    Its safe to suspect the fall out was over rent arrears, but that's besides the point.

Fall out or not, she was obliged to pay rent. Having a "fall out" with the charity doesn't excuse her obligation to pay rent.

But weirdly you dont have a problem with that; you're going to great lengths to defend the indefensible.

Sorry Zulu.

I'm old enough now not to be wandering around with idle speculation. We don't know what she faced in life or with her sick husband or issues with the kids etc.

We know nothing of her but are very quick to make a lot of assumptions as it suits us.

More than happy to condemn it. Just need more info

• Advertisement

You should report said scumbags.

“Taken in the round it amounts to a €20 million cut in disability services which will overwhelmingly be borne by the voluntary bodies that provide such services.

“I am absolutely staggered that the government should impose such a cut on a voluntary sector that are already enduring a funding crisis. For many organisations this additional burden could stretch them to breaking point.

“Be under no illusion, this will reduce services for people with disabilities. It will mean reduced respite. It will hit people with intellectual disabilities. It is just wrong.

FG protecting the most vunerable wha :)

Who got 20m recently. FAI was it? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

She is paying back the 12k? What about the court costs, will she pay those also?

Stick up proof that she is paying the 12k back limnam.

She is paying back the 12k? What about the court costs, will she pay those also?

Stick up proof that she is paying the 12k back limnam.

No proof yet Febuary.

But don't worry. Every clown in the country will be back on it soon enough if she doesn't

Stay tuned.

No proof yet Febuary.

But don't worry. Every clown in the country will be back on it soon enough if she doesn't

Stay tuned.

So you made that up also.

Anyone else you'd need more info about to condemn them?

Maria Bailey?
    Charles Haughey?
    Ray Burke?
    Michael Lowry?

You indicated in an earlier post that if Violet explicitly admitted to scamming you would condemn her (implying that without he explicit admission you wouldn't).

Given that the 4 above never had an explicit admission to scam anyone, it must follow that you similarly support those?

So you made that up also.

I have what you have. She said she would.

So lets see if she does. I don't think I ever said she _has_ paid it back did I?

I have what you have. She said she would.

So lets see if she does. I don't think I ever said she _has_ paid it back did I?

Hang on, you said she was paying it back. Now you are saying she said she would pay it back.

Which is it?

We know nothing of her ...
    We know she didn't pay rent.
    Your talking out of the side of your mouth.
    You're clearly not happy to condemn it - hence you haven't.

(All you have done is defend the indefensible, and caveat your position persistently when challenged.)

Maria Bailey?
    Charles Haughey?
    Ray Burke?
    Michael Lowry?

You indicated in an earlier post that if Violet explicitly admitted to scamming you would condemn her (implying that without he explicit admission you wouldn't).

Given that the 4 above never had an explicit admission to scam anyone, it must follow that you similarly support those?

I'd have to check now.

But I'm not sure I condemned any of them.

Drinking bubbles on the swing was funny though.

We know she didn't pay rent.
    Your talking out of the side of your mouth.
    You're clearly not happy to condemn it - hence you haven't.

(All you have done is defend the indefensible, and caveat your position persistently when challenged.)

So if you know where I stand, why do you keep asking the same question?

• Advertisement

So if you know where I stand, why do you keep asking the same question?
    Because you keep denying it.

Not denying anything.

I'll condemn her if I had a bit more info on the situation.

I don't know her from Eve.

It's that simple.

He also denies being a SF supporter or voter. Yet he has easily posted a hundred times in a thread defending this SF TD.

He also denies being a SF supporter or voter. Yet he has easily posted a hundred times in a thread defending this SF TD.

I thought admitting my crush on EOB was enough for you to stop stating that.

“Taken in the round it amounts to a €20 million cut in disability services which will overwhelmingly be borne by the voluntary bodies that provide such services.

“I am absolutely staggered that the government should impose such a cut on a voluntary sector that are already enduring a funding crisis. For many organisations this additional burden could stretch them to breaking point.

“Be under no illusion, this will reduce services for people with disabilities. It will mean reduced respite. It will hit people with intellectual disabilities. It is just wrong.

FG protecting the most vunerable wha :)

Who got 20m recently. FAI was it? :)

What have the waster FAI got to do with your claim that some people stole 20m from disabled charities?

You should give some proof of this theft, if not on here, to your local Gardai. I don't think that you have any proof. 20m is easily found. It's not easy to move that kind of money around outside of the banking system (as SF are well aware!!!). If the Guards search for it, maybe they'll find some of it hidden in some cardboard cornflakes boxes down in Cork.......

What we do know is that Lady Violet did rip off a charity. That is incontrovertible.

Not denying anything...
    Sure you are: you deny your unwillingness to condemn her actions - those of a thief stealing from a homeless charity. Remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,230 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Maria Bailey?

Didn't Fine Gael eventually buckle to increased media attention, they then launched an investigation against Maria and then condemned her?

I mean if Leo gets the benefit of an investigation before he casts an opinion, why doesn't everyone else?

What have the waster FAI got to do with your claim that some people stole 20m from disabled charities?

You should give some proof of this theft, if not on here, to your local Gardai. I don't think that you have any proof. 20m is easily found. It's not easy to move that kind of money around outside of the banking system (as SF are well aware!!!). If the Guards search for it, maybe they'll find some of it hidden in some cardboard cornflakes boxes down in Cork.......

What we do know is that Lady Violet did rip off a charity. That is incontrovertible.

FG pulled 20m in funding from disabled charities. Thankfully at least FF saw what it was. An attack on people who in a lot of cases have no voice of their own.

The same FG who pulled the funding from RRI

Boggles wrote: »
    Didn't Fine Gael eventually buckle to increased media attention, they then launched an investigation against Maria and then condemned her?

I mean if Leo gets the benefit of an investigation before he casts an opinion, why doesn't everyone else?

Maybe SF will have an investigation and declare that Violet is almost equally as good a Republican as Slab and therefore beyond reproach!

My comment was addressed to the poster who said he would maybe condemn her if she came out and admitted to deliberately ripping off the charity even though she didn't have to.

That would be the equivalent of him only saying something negative about Maria if she came out and admitted she deliberately took a case to rip off an insurer. Regardless of Leo's or anyone else's investigation

• Advertisement

I thought admitting my crush on EOB was enough for you to stop stating that.

Not sure what this thread has to to with ‘EOB’ so that response makes little sense. This is a thread about Violet-Anne Wynne. Or VAW if you prefer.

Advertisement