Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

limnam wrote: »
    Mary Butler had Billy Kenneally knocking on the door of a child abuse victim of his cousin. To canvas for her. Billy Kenneally who knew about his cousin being a child abuser and never told the garda.

This is something worthy of discussion.

Nah,

Lets talk someone who was behind on their rent.

Off the stage.

What has that got to do with anything - both of these situations are shameful?

"Behind on their rent" is the understatement of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

limnam, there's a long way to go here yet. If you're going to try and respond to every single post criticising Sinn Féin when dirt is dug up, you're going to wear your fingers down to stubs by the end of February. Pace yourself man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

What has that got to do with anything - both of these situations are shameful?

"Behind on their rent" is the understatement of the year

We have no idea of her circumstances or why the payments stopped.

So I think at this point calling it shameful is a tad early.

If the monies are not paid or an arrangement made in the near future I'll agree with you. There's a problem.

What it's got to do with is one is shameful but not considered talking about as it's not SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I didn't say she offered to pay it back.

The paper claimed the suggestion to pay it back was made 24 hours ago.

Based on that it's turned to refused to.

So we don't know if she's refused to do anything.

When she changed her view on it I don't know. But there's many TD's who have made mistakes in the past and fail to admit them. Looks like she's holding her hands up on this one. Makes a change.
    All she had to do was to see what the Shinners did to Sandra Mclellan T.D. in Cork East when she wouldn't toe the " take the average working wage" line.. They bullied her out of the party.
    Different rules of course for the scumbag bomb maker elected in Dublin. He needs 90000 a year to survive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Jizique

Edgware wrote: »
    All she had to do was to see what the Shinners did to Sandra Mclellan T.D. in Cork East when she wouldn't toe the " take the average working wage" line.. They bullied her out of the party.
    Different rules of course for the scumbag bomb maker elected in Dublin. He needs 90000 a year to survive

He is on a bonus scheme - an extra grand per casualty

• Advertisement

Don’t forget all the expenses they can claim. They amount to more than many workers earn in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

seamus wrote: »
    limnam, there's a long way to go here yet. If you're going to try and respond to every single post criticising Sinn Féin when dirt is dug up, you're going to wear your fingers down to stubs by the end of February. Pace yourself man.

They need to work in teams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

We have no idea of her circumstances or why the payments stopped.

So I think at this point calling it shameful is a tad early.

If the monies are not paid or an arrangement made in the near future I'll agree with you. There's a problem.

What it's got to do with is one is shameful but not considered talking about as it's not SF.

"Ms Wynne, a graduate from Trinity College Dublin, said she had a falling-out with the organisation and didn’t pay up because of family health problems."

the circumstances seem clear , she choose to stop playing it . her husband used the same health problems excuse when he was caught with illegal drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Sure aren't the rae's constantly campaigning to bring back drink driving?

And yet you'd be strongly defending them if they were SF candidates !

They need to work in teams.

Says Brendan's side kick. :pac:

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    "Ms Wynne, a graduate from Trinity College Dublin, said she had a falling-out with the organisation and didn’t pay up because of family health problems."

the circumstances seem clear , she choose to stop playing it . her husband used the same health problems excuse when he was caught with illegal drugs

So we don't know the circumstances and now she's on 90k+ a year we'll see if she pays the arrears.

If she doesn't I'll have at it as much as you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭omega man

This is bad enough but imagine what SF will drag out if another election called in the coming weeks or months.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,753 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

My understanding is she came out and said these are no longer her views on the topic.

Harris can go to the graves of the dead women and say sorry.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/media/pressrel/hse-confirms-hpv-vaccine-uptake-is-now-70-.html

You can see from this information that vaccine rates dropped in Ireland because of the lies and misinformation spread by the likes of Violet-Anne Wynne. SF activists jumped on that bandwagon for political purposes with the likes of her and Liadh in Cork being only two examples.

How many young women are unwittingly carrying a death sentence around in their bodies because they listened to those charlatans?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

omega man wrote: »
    This is bad enough but imagine what SF will drag out if another election called in the coming weeks or months.

hqdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/media/pressrel/hse-confirms-hpv-vaccine-uptake-is-now-70-.html

You can see from this information that vaccine rates dropped in Ireland because of the lies and misinformation spread by the likes of Violet-Anne Wynne. SF activists jumped on that bandwagon for political purposes with the likes of her and Liadh in Cork being only two examples.

How many young women are unwittingly carrying a death sentence around in their bodies because they listened to those charlatans?

Less due to the cervical check scandal.
    If you're posting on the HPV, some more material...
    HPV U-TURN Fine Gael vice-president defends raising concerns about HPV vaccine – but says there is no need for review group to look into side effects

John Paul Phelan is the second Junior Minister to backtrack on previous questions after Finian McGrath accepted the jab was a 'very important part' of Government policy

..We have learned that 13 other politicians raised issues with the drug including Fine Gael TDs Phelan, former Ceann Comhairle Sean Barrett and Tony McLoughlin.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1488740/fine-gael-vice-president-defends-raising-concerns-about-hpv-vaccine-but-says-there-is-no-need-for-review-group-to-look-into-side-effects-health/

But I suspect it's more a Shinner bashing thread.
    She sounds terrible by the way. They should take any rent arrears and rent ongoing from source, dole, salary.
    Also anyone can afford the market rates needs be made vacate social housing IMO.

Bowie wrote: »
    Less due to the cervical check scandal.
    If you're posting on the HPV, some more material...

But I suspect it's more a Shinner bashing thread.
    She sounds terrible by the way. They should take any rent arrears and rent ongoing from source, dole, salary.
    Also anyone can afford the market rates needs be made vacate social housing IMO.

You can always be relied upon for a decent dose of whataboutery.

As for the last bit, Brady, the SF TD from Wicklow has been living in council housing for the last four years while taking home salary and expenses of over 100k from the State, it is no wonder that ordinary people can't get social housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Boggles wrote: »
    Really? Which party brought in the "temporary" USC?

The same party who just promised a fiver increase in the pension for the life of the next government.

But sure LOUD NOISES!!!

Sinn Fein is proposing to increase taxes significantly on a small slice of earners and in return cut taxes and increase welfare on the slice of the population who already pay relatively little tax (to none) and get lots of welfare payments.

It is money out of the pockets of those who already pay at near the top end of OECD tax rates for higher incomes and plenty more into the pockets of people like Ms Wynne who, prior to her election, are the beneficiaries of €50k+ of welfare payments every year practically as a lifestyle choice (when you count in having a load of kids when you ostensibly couldn't even afford the price of €63 per week rent.)

She's actually the perfect poster child for Sinn Fein, right down to the party enforcers quickly getting her to release carefully crafted statements in double quick time when her past emerges to bite her.

Sounds like a family that hit a very bad patch to be honest, partner got extremely sick and couldn't work.

Could happen any of us, like I always say careful how you judge people we are all only 1 or 2 pieces of bad luck away from utter devastation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

SF are in with the big boys now, raking through the past and mudslinging is par for the course, and the microscope will be turned on many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

From the Clare Champion: https://clarechampion.ie/poll-topper-asked-to-donate-e12000-rent-arrears-to-homeless-charity/

"“Based on information provided by the family themselves they have an income from the State and are not destitute; they appear to be able to run a car, pay tax and insurance, pay at the pump for fuel, pay for groceries at the check-out, pay utility bills and appear to look after their family in every respect; but when it comes to paying rent to this housing charity their virtual refusal is beyond my comprehension,” he stated.
    The statement read out in court also described their payment record from day one as “catastrophic”.

“By the end of the first year the family had accumulated arrears of €1,763. By the end of year two, their arrears were €4,106. The last payment we received was €65 on August 2013. I believe this record speaks for itself

“RRI have taken every possible step to try and persuade the family to pay their rent including writing letters over a number of years and personal visits to the family by myself and our financial administrator. All these efforts were in vain.

“What we have in effect is a family wholly supported in their lifestyle by the taxpayer living virtually rent free in a brand new rural house also 100% funded by the taxpayer,” he stated."

LAst line sums it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You can always be relied upon for a decent dose of whataboutery.

As for the last bit, Brady, the SF TD from Wicklow has been living in council housing for the last four years while taking home salary and expenses of over 100k from the State, it is no wonder that ordinary people can't get social housing.

Sorry, you spoke on yer wan and then broadened it to include others and make inferences about others.
    You cool with Phelan, former Ceann Comhairle Sean Barrett and Tony McLoughlin?
    I don't see why you aren't just taking my post as is or ignoring it. I'm not defending the woman. That would be whataboutery.

So we agree. Good.
    FYI: rent arrears don't help, but are not a key cause of FG not building enough social or affordable, not an excuse the party has used anyway.

There has been a global increase in concerns around vaccinations. Which has led to a global decrease in vaccinations. TD's from a number of parties raised concerns on vaccines.

Unlike a lot of harcore anti-vaxxers she has now stated these are no longer her views or are they the parties views.

Much like parties not getting it. Thier voters don't seem to get it either. Throwing nonsensical muck tends to just uncover something more sinister form thier own party members.

Again with the SF manifesto so "weak" I don't get why people don't stick to pulling them apart on real issues than rubbish such as what someone said in a pub etc.

The only person with blood on their hands regarding cervical cancer is Simon Harris.

Theres so much coming out of the woodwork about shinners. Looks like the people of clare effectively elected a gemma o doherty type

Big contrast to FG where Leo asked all his delegates "is there anything we need to be aware of from your past lives" that might affect your election performance or bring the party into disrepute.

It's the opposite for SF- it's more like, "if there ISN'T anything in your past that will bring the party into disrepute, we'll find something for you" :D

zoobizoo wrote: »
    From the Clare Champion: https://clarechampion.ie/poll-topper-asked-to-donate-e12000-rent-arrears-to-homeless-charity/

"“Based on information provided by the family themselves they have an income from the State and are not destitute; they appear to be able to run a car, pay tax and insurance, pay at the pump for fuel, pay for groceries at the check-out, pay utility bills and appear to look after their family in every respect; but when it comes to paying rent to this housing charity their virtual refusal is beyond my comprehension,” he stated.
    The statement read out in court also described their payment record from day one as “catastrophic”.

“By the end of the first year the family had accumulated arrears of €1,763. By the end of year two, their arrears were €4,106. The last payment we received was €65 on August 2013. I believe this record speaks for itself

“RRI have taken every possible step to try and persuade the family to pay their rent including writing letters over a number of years and personal visits to the family by myself and our financial administrator. All these efforts were in vain.

“What we have in effect is a family wholly supported in their lifestyle by the taxpayer living virtually rent free in a brand new rural house also 100% funded by the taxpayer,” he stated."

LAst line sums it up.

Thank you for posting the facts.
    Boggles wrote: »
    Sounds like a family that hit a very bad patch to be honest, partner got extremely sick and couldn't work.

Could happen any of us, like I always say careful how you judge people we are all only 1 or 2 pieces of bad luck away from utter devastation.

Thank you for posting the unjustifiable defence.

The woman shouldn't be anywhere near the Dail. The people of Clare have let themselves down badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Take what I'm about to say with a pinch of salt, as it comes from local folks familiar with the situation (but as a result also potentially biased, I dunno). But basically neither she nor her partner have worked a day in Clare, though she has volunteered in various things. So inferring from that in terms of what they're entitled to they are basically on the full welfare ride. 5 kids, €700 per month. €203 per week each in personal welfare. €180 per week in supplementary for the kids and €201 in supplementary personal rate, potentially x2. Dunno how you price the rent when they weren't paying it... Medical benefits and all the rest. Fuel allowance €24.50 per week.

I'd say these guys are pulling in about €50k per year in welfare, so actually moving to a €96k per year gross salary (€59k net or so, maybe less with pension levy etc in public service) will probably cost them about €31k in benefits.

I don't know where you got those figures but they're not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I think it is obvious the vote for the candidate in Clare was a vote for Sinn Fein, the party, as opposed to her as an individual.
    All parties have TDs that are essentially foot soldiers to toe the party line. She does however come across as a very poor candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The 'up the rah' lad in Waterford has ensured SF will lose seats at the upcoming election.

Only fair that others get their turn in the party OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The 'up the rah' lad in Waterford has ensured SF will lose seats at the upcoming election.

Only fair that others get their turn in the party OP.

If he'd kept his gob shut he might have been a Minister and done some service to that dying town.

The woman shouldn't be anywhere near the Dail. The people of Clare have let themselves down badly.

I imagine the fine people of Clare couldn't give 2 fúcks what some random Fine Gael party member says about them anonymously on the internet.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

vriesmays wrote: »
    If he'd kept his gob shut he might have been a Minister and done some service to that dying town.

The other parties are going to make hay with that, and rightly so.

'Thought it was health and housing did yeh...?'

Mary Lou knows what a PR disaster that was.

Can't help themselves.

Advertisement