Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

is_that_so wrote: »
    No, I'm tolerant of youthful transgressions and we all make them. I certainly don't drag them up into arguments half a lifetime after the fact. This lady is current in her miscreant behaviour. If she'd really been expected to have a chance someone might have taken a look at how that might play out and elected someone else.

No you pick and choose the standards as you see fit.

A woman with 5 kids and a sick husband falling behind on rent.

A man funding criminal gangs with his drug use.

Toughie

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

limnam wrote: »
    No you pick and choose the standards as you see fit.

A woman with 5 kids and a sick husband falling behind on rent.

A man funding criminal gangs with his drug use.

Toughie
    Yeah we're all idiots, you with your unblinking set of party-issued blinkers and earplugs and me with my low standards. That's life baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,846 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

whats relevant is FG's pulling of the funding cost the man who worked there for 18 years to lose his job.

Which led to unfair dismissal case. Which needed to be paid for.

it looks like Mr. Connoloy didn't treat his loyal workers very well and fell out with them. While he won the case. It had to be paid for.

Lol. Anyone is free to bring anyone else to court. The court then decides. In this case they decided in favour of RRI.

And to ask again, given that you appear to have (unsurprisingly) ignored it:
    Was VAW's partner getting his drugs from a legal dispensary?
    If not, was he getting it for free from the drugs gangs?
    If he was paying for it, and funding drugs gangs, would you agree that that money could perhaps have been better spent on paying his fucking rent?

Lol. Anyone is free to bring anyone else to court. The court then decides. In this case they decided in favour of RRI.

And to ask again, given that you appear to have (unsurprisingly) ignored it:
    Was VAW's partner getting his drugs from a legal dispensary?
    If not, was he getting it for free from the drugs gangs?
    If he was paying for it, and funding drugs gangs, would you agree that that money could perhaps have been better spent on paying his fucking rent?

Why does it matter?

He wasn't running was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I've already told you.

You take it at source.

I'm not elected to give you solutions.

What is source? Many people in social housing work, what if they change jobs? What if they lose a job? What if they start a job?

Where does the money go? It's not a central fund, there are council's, charities etc all whom provide social housing?

It's an actual minefield.

The easiest solution is to have actual consequences to non payment or to at least engage (if a change in circumstances etc). People have to be responsible for what they do and how they live. And providing somewhere to live for their children should be pretty high up that list.

This woman essentially stole from a charity and prevented another family getting a home. That is what this is about.

Not what about FG did this or FF did this or SF did this. None of these parties stopped her paying rent or made her make a decision to stop doing so. None of these parties forced her to bring 3 more kids into that situation. She and her partner did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

If tenants pay the money, this isn't an issue.
    Why can't people take responsibility

SF in particular tell people that anything that is “wrong” in any part of their lives is the fault of the government and that if they would only vote SF then SF will make sure that nothing is ever “wrong” again. SF will fix everything. They will take all the money away from the rich people who stole it off the poor people and give it back to the poor people.
    Then the poor people will have everything they ever wanted and will never have any problems again.
    It really is just that simple.

What is source? Many people in social housing work, what if they change jobs? What if they lose a job? What if they start a job?

Where does the money go? It's not a central fund, there are council's, charities etc all whom provide social housing?

It's an actual minefield.

The easiest solution is to have actual consequences to non payment or to at least engage (if a change in circumstances etc). People have to be responsible for what they do and how they live. And providing somewhere to live for their children should be pretty high up that list.

This woman essentially stole from a charity and prevented another family getting a home. That is what this is about.

Not what about FG did this or FF did this or SF did this. None of these parties stopped her paying rent or made her make a decision to stop doing so. None of these parties forced her to bring 3 more kids into that situation. She and her partner did.

all I'm hearing is. Oh that requires a bit of work. lets not bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Why does it matter?

No but his wife was. What kind of TD is she if she allows her husband to spend money that could be used to support illegal gangs.

Maybe or former leader had the drugs in a place it was legal

splinter65 wrote: »
    SF in particular tell people that anything that is “wrong” in any part of their lives is the fault of the government and that if they would only vote SF then SF will make sure that nothing is ever “wrong” again. SF will fix everything. They will take all the money away from the rich people who stole it off the poor people and give it back to the poor people.
    Then the poor people will have everything they ever wanted and will never have any problems again.
    It really is just that simple.

What's FG's motto?

Take all the money from everyone and flush it down the jaxy.

No but his wife was. What kind of TD is she if she allows her husband to spend money that could be used to support illegal gangs.

Maybe or former leader had the drugs in a place it was legal

Once he puts his name on a ticket. I'll concern myself with him.

• Advertisement

All I'm hearing is.

It sounds good but I have no idea of the practicalities or cost involved.

Might be a new election soon, you might get a job writing some manifestos

• Registered Users Posts: 19,846 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Why does it matter?

hmmmm.

A FG politician admits to having tried cannabis 20 years ago or something and he is funding criminal drugs gangs. Not convicted in a court of law. Just said that he had tried it.

Another individual was more recently caught with an amount of the same substance - ergo he is also funding criminal drugs gangs. He was found guilty.

Surely you don't want to have your TD's to have very close associates who are funding criminal drugs gangs? Or are there different rules for SF?

Mad thing is that SF used to portray themselves as anti-drugs.....maybe that was before good republicans like Alan Ryan found out how much dosh they could make from it...........

Yep it required Miss Wynne to do some work and she did not bother.

How about answer the question why not have the person in social housing take responsibility and set up a DD to pay there rent?

All I'm hearing is.

It sounds good but I have no idea of the practicalities or cost involved.

Might be a new election soon, you might get a job writing some manifestos

We're the "IT hub of europe" Tech capital

All the big players.

But we're too fcking stupid to be able to get a few systems to talk to each other.

Brilliant

Once he puts his name on a ticket. I'll concern myself with him.

Look over there a bear runs from question classic limnan

How about answer the question why not have the person in social housing take responsibility and set up a DD to pay there rent?

You can't be seriously asking this.

Because my dear friend. That's the way it is now. The way it is now we're LOSING MILLIONS because of 60% of the people in arrears.

You can keep asking the question. The answer doesn't change.

We're the "IT hub of europe" Tech capital

All the big players.

But we're too fcking stupid to be able to get a few systems to talk to each other.

Brilliant

Well you seem to be saying people are too stupid to pay rent.

Anyways you do it has some sort of onus on the payer

Well you seem to be saying people are too stupid to pay rent

Yep, that's what I said.

You can't be seriously asking this.

Because my dear friend. That's the way it is now. The way it is now we're LOSING MILLIONS because of 60% of the people in arrears.

You can keep asking the question. The answer doesn't change.

Then then there should be an easy way to evict these people. If they don't want to take responsibility and help themselves then why should we

Then then there should be an easy way to evict these people. If they don't want to take responsibility and help themselves then why should we

That's not solving the problem.

you just have another problem to deal with.

Getting the money at source you don't create an additional problem. People stay in their home, people get paid. Everyone's happy.

• Advertisement

That's not solving the problem.

you just have another problem to deal with.

Getting the money at source you don't create an additional problem. People stay in their home, people get paid. Everyone's happy.

No that making people like that deal with reality. I am all for helping people but the bare minimum they have to do is take some f;^*£,g personal responsibility. Otherwise find your own way and you have no one else to blame

No that making people like that deal with reality. I am all for helping people but the bare minimum they have to do is take some f;^*£,g personal responsibility. Otherwise find your own way and you have no one else to blame

So continue to leak millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Was it not Leo talking about his drug habits?

There's only one man in the top job in Ireland with that sort of form.

Come off it.

Cop yourself on will you....

It’s easy, don’t pay rent or don’t pay your mortgage and throw them out on street.....

If they don’t like then move to another country.....less of these people in Ireland is no bad thing

So continue to leak millions.

How will that continue to leak millions. The people will be evicted before they can run up a tab

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It’s easy, don’t pay rent or don’t pay your mortgage and throw them out on street.....

If they don’t like then move to another country.....less of these people in Ireland is no bad thing

Your solution's are juvenile

You throw them on the street now you move the problem to somewhere else.

That problem is still going to cost you

It's still going to have social problems that will cost you.

It's not a solution. It's moving the problem somewhere else. but you still need to deal with that problem one way or another.

The other way you solve the problem and increase your incoming.

How will that continue to leak millions. The people will be evicted before they can run up a tab

Because now you have another problem.

Your solution's are juvenile

You throw them on the street now you move the problem to somewhere else.

That problem is still going to cost you

It's still going to have social problems that will cost you.

It's not a solution. It's moving the problem somewhere else. but you still need to deal with that problem one way or another.

The other way you solve the problem and increase your incoming.

Childish to the person that can’t get out of bed without complaining about FG....oh my toast was burnt that was FG fault

Throw them out, move a family in from emergency accommodation.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

What's FG's motto?

Take all the money from everyone and flush it down the jaxy.

Please God if not this time then next time we have a GE (next couple of months) SF will run enough TDs to get an overall majority and then you will be on here pointing out to all of us how SF are systematically fixing everything that is wrong in this country bit by bit, won’t you?

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Childish to the person that can’t get out of bed without complaining about FG....oh my toast was burnt that was FG fault

Throw them out, move a family in from emergency accommodation.....

80% of the voting public seem to be blaming them for a lot.

That's a lot of wrong.

Advertisement