Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

feargale wrote: »
    This is the problem:

"Interesting Character Mr. Connolly

Looks like he didn't care too much about his loyal staff."

Those words were not used at the hearing, not even by the unsuccessful party whom you are fond of quoting. Show me where anybody at the hearing described Mr McDonough as loyal or where anybody said that Jim Connolly didn't care about his staff. You are portraying an unsuccessful action as being successful, and you
    are selectively quoting the party who was found to have no case. I wouldn't even dignify your tactics by describing them as half-truths. Your honesty in this is worthy of the Shinners who were never in the IRA and of the snake oil salesmen who bummed money from armchair gunmen in New York while describing themselves as being a "business friendly" party.
    Now go and attend to your "clap."

18 years would show loyalty.

Isolating a loyal member of staff and speaking to them in that way wouldn't show a man who was treated well.

Not sure what's wrong with you.

They're quotes.

It's not made up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

limnam wrote: »
    We got to Hitler.

*clap clap*

I am not surprised that you are uncomfortable with references to Hitler given SF/IRA's record as Hitler's Fellow Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,845 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Isolating a loyal member of staff and speaking to them in that way wouldn't show a man who was treated well.

They're quotes.

It's not made up

Sure I heard that he once went to the jacks in a pub while drunk and pissed all over the seat.*

What relevance that has to yer wan brazenly ripping of a charity that had been trying to help her and others like her, is the same relevance as an ex employee being loyal or not has.

deflect deflect deflect. It's actually quite hilarious.

*may not have happened

They're quotes.

It's not made up

Here you go backtracking again. You keep saying that your words are somebody else's words, while inserting words of your own and offering your own interpretation to try to blacken Jim Connolly. It's not working other than with morons who see no evil in SF/IRA. I keep telling you: hand over to somebody like the editor of An Phoblacht.

More dishonesty, worthy of those who collected dollars "for prisoners" and then spent them on guns.

Now address all the other points I have made, the ones you have neatly skipped. Or else acknowledge that you have come to this thread to defend the indefensible and go with your tail between your legs.

Now address all the other points I have made, the ones you have neatly skipped. Or else acknowledge that you have come to this thread to defend the indefensible and go with your tail between your legs.

It's like dealing with a drunken uncle

Shouting out random shiote like "guns" "hitler" "RA!"

If you have a few coherent thoughts, put them together and we can have a chat.

Jim's a sound man. Grand. It doesn't get us anywhere.

• Advertisement

It's like dealing with a drunken uncle

Or a nephew with clap.
    IShouting out random shiote like "guns" "hitler" "RA!"

Not shouting. I leave that to Ellis and Cullinane.
    Of course it's ok to constantly refer to FG as "the blueshirts" but not to call SF/IRA Hitler's Fellow Travellers (Sean Russell etc etc) Ah no, Russell and co. are in the past, but not the blueshirts, just as it's ok to talk about the Black and Tans, the Famine, Cromwell ( and I've even read one or two whinging about the Plantations), but when it comes to 1969-1997 and the IRA's atrocities "we must move on."

If you have a few coherent thoughts, put them together and we can have a chat.

You've lost it, boy. Move on.
    Jim's a sound man. Grand. It doesn't get us anywhere.

So, you've finally totally backtracked. Now what on earth are you doing here? Because your whole raison d'etre has been Jim Connolly's calumniously alleged shortcomings and other whatabouteries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

People want competent TD's sure. But then again they re-elected Simon Harris. :)

The man that brought us. Cervical cancer scandal.

Scandal? The only scandal there is how the likes of your beloved SF, aided and abetted by the media, seized on some poor public service management and whipped Mná na hEireann up into paroxysms of needless fear and doubt. No more Harris's fault that yours.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

She could lose her seat. Or she could walk it as most people don't seem to really care too much especially with the lack of options on that card.

Who knows, maybe they'll get more seats there.

People want competent TD's sure. But then again they re-elected Simon Harris. :)

The man that brought us. Cervical cancer scandal.

Child chemo cancellations

member that guy ?

Back in.

You've mentioned the Cervical Cancer scandal a few times now. Can you explain what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Limnam, are you Violet Anne Wynne's mam or something?

You've devoted an incredible amount of time defending her or trying to deflect any criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭donaghs

Its quite clear the media have an agenda against Sinn Fein, picking out comments on social media of all things. So what if her previous views are strange or at odds with how the majority think, its how she performs in office that counts.

It's what you do in office that counts, and going by how the last government acted, its no surprise the electorate had enough even if the heavily biased media don't agree

So what if they're nuts, lets see how they perform in office. ? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

CatFromHue wrote: »
    You've mentioned the Cervical Cancer scandal a few times now. Can you explain what happened?

Lynn Ni Riadh and Violet-Anne Wynn told people not to take the HPV vaccine, people got cancer and died, is that the scandal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

She was interviewed on clare fm this morning didn’t phase her one bit about not paying the rent , she had that was it !

Every excuse the water they couldn’t drink cost them money , the kids were sick the husband was sick and the car kept breaking down !

Luckily her husband’s libido stayed working as it was only work they had conceiving children !

It was questioned by the listeners that her private life should not be public ! I guess that was u Limnam ! Lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

blanch152 wrote: »
    Lynn Ni Riadh and Violet-Anne Wynn told people not to take the HPV vaccine, people got cancer and died, is that the scandal?

She has now answered it on clare fm this morning it is wrong not to have the vaccine! Hmmm
    She’s a Bit all the over the place I think !

It was questioned by the listeners that her private life should not be public ! I guess that was u Limnam ! Lol

LOL :rolleyes:

Well Leo has asked for details around his illegal drug use to be kept private.

I guess if it's good enough for Leo....

Sure they had company of FG TD also :)

She has now answered it on clare fm this morning it is wrong not to have the vaccine! Hmmm
    She’s a Bit all the over the place I think !

A number of TD's have backtracked. Including FG.

Sure they had company of FG TD also :)
    A number of TD's have backtracked. Including FG.

I would not defend anyone who said the vaccine was unsafe and shouldn't be taken. But you are defending one such person.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

He's back!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,230 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I would not defend anyone who said the vaccine was unsafe and shouldn't be taken. But you are defending one such person.

Did she say it was unsafe and should not be taken?

I thought she was more pointing out the Italian policy of mandatory vaccinations she didn't agree with.

Either way her opinions were when she was a private citizen with very little influence.

Boggles wrote: »
    Did she say it was unsafe and should not be taken?

I thought she was more pointing out the Italian policy of mandatory vaccinations she didn't agree with.

Either way her opinions were when she was a private citizen with very little influence.

Keep defending anti-vaxxers.

It might be a good idea to send some anti-vaxxers to Iran and China to help with the medical effort, after all, their herbal teas and natural remedies will ensure that they don't contract the corona virus so they will be fine. Would any of them be up for volunteering for that? Maybe your Violet-Anne could lead the way?

• Advertisement

Keep defending anti-vaxxers.

I didn't. I asked you to back up your claim.

It's how these things work.
    I would not defend anyone who said the vaccine was unsafe and shouldn't be taken.

So did she or did she not say that?

As for people who don't vaccinate their kids (unless for medical reasons) I'd change the constitution and make it law that their kids are awarded to the state.

So we are clear on my position on vaccines.

Was Leo Varadkar not a private citizen when he took illicit drugs? And did he not come straight out clean about it, unlike the "business friendly" people (diesel?) collecting dollars from idiots in NY "for prisoners"?

She can with impunity make a public statement which has catastrophic implications for humanity, but if a youngster takes a puff it must follow them to eternity.

One rule for us ordinary folk and a different rule for Hitler's Fellow Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

About what she said regarding vaccines, she blames others. She was just the messenger "I was just relaying those concerns".

http://www.clare.fm/news/politics/clares-sinn-fein-td-stops-short-saying-regrets-comments-hpv-vaccine/

Was Leo Varadkar not a private citizen when he took illicit drugs?

I have no idea, "indulging" in criminality and giving your views on Facebook is not the same thing though is it?

Either way both are non issues and just nonsense smear ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,017 ✭✭✭✭L1011

leck wrote: »
    About what she said regarding vaccines, she blames others. She was just the messenger "I was just relaying those concerns".

http://www.clare.fm/news/politics/clares-sinn-fein-td-stops-short-saying-regrets-comments-hpv-vaccine/

Admitted that you're gullible and/or easily led (see Cronin's claims about why she rabbited conspiracy stuff) is admitting you're not suitable to be a public representative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

L1011 wrote: »
    Admitted that you're gullible and/or easily led (see Cronin's claims about why she rabbited conspiracy stuff) is admitting you're not suitable to be a public representative

Be nice if more politicians admitted they were wrong and tried to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I didn't. I asked you to back up your claim.

It's how these things work.

So did she or did she not say that?

As for people who don't vaccinate their kids (unless for medical reasons) I'd change the constitution and make it law that their kids are awarded to the state.

So we are clear on my position on vaccines.

You are a borderline anti-vaxxer now. Have you been called a Shinner yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,017 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bowie wrote: »

But she didn't.

She's trying to deflect blame on to someone else, with her as a gullible conduit for it. Its the worst of both.

Bowie wrote: »

She didn't admit she was wrong, she admitted she was a fool and an idiot.

There was no sense from her that it won't happen again.

• Advertisement

leck wrote: »

That quote doesn't appear anywhere in your link.

:confused:

Advertisement