Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Boggles wrote: »
    That quote doesn't appear anywhere in your link.

:confused:
    Listen to the audio - there is a link in the middle of the page I linked to. That quote is in there, even though they don't have the interview up in its entirety. Hopefully they will soon.

When they mention a far-ranging interview, I'm guessing that means she was all over the place. Hearing her speak does nothing to inspire confidence.

https://www.mixcloud.com/ClareFMNewsSports/clare-fms-ben-sweeney-reports-on-violet-anne-wynne-interview-on-morning-focus/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Bowie wrote: »
    Be nice if more politicians admitted they were wrong and tried to move on.

Move on?

For Christ's sake some people want to talk about nothing but blueshirts, Black and Tans, the Famine, and even Cromwell and the Plantations. ( I'm waiting for some of them to get worked up about the Normans and to tell all the Brownes, Burkes and Barrys to go back to England and Wales.)

However it must be admitted that Hitler's Fellow Travellers are very keen to move on from collaboration with Nazi Germany and atrocities committed between 1969 and 1997.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I have no idea, <"indulging" in criminality and giving your views on Facebook is not the same thing though is it?

Either way both are non issues and just nonsense smear ammo.

Aye. He should have bombed Warrington instead. :rolleyes:

L1011 wrote: »
    But she didn't.

She's trying to deflect blame on to someone else, with her as a gullible conduit for it. Its the worst of both.
    Exactly. When asked if she regretted her comments about the HPV vaccine, she said
    "Regret is a big word. I mean, I would say back then there was [sic] an awful lot of people comin' out, speakin' out about their concerns and I feel like back then all I was doin' was relayin' those concerns."
    Reminds me of how Trump prefaces some of his crackpot claims with "people say".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

leck wrote: »
    When they mention a far-ranging interview, I'm guessing that means she was all over the place. Hearing her speak does nothing to inspire confidence.

https://www.mixcloud.com/ClareFMNewsSports/clare-fms-ben-sweeney-reports-on-violet-anne-wynne-interview-on-morning-focus/

When you're listening to Harris squeaking.

Do you think. There's a guy that won't allow another child to have a cancelled chemo session.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,017 ✭✭✭✭L1011

limnam wrote: »
    When you're listening to Harris squeaking.

Do you think. There's a guy that won't allow another child to have a cancelled chemo session.

Are you ever going to realise that your deflection doesn't actually work?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,230 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

leck wrote: »
    Exactly. When asked if she regretted her comments about the HPV vaccine, she said
    Reminds me of how Trump prefaces some of his crackpot claims with "people say".

Am. You aware....

HPV U-TURN Fine Gael vice-president defends raising concerns about HPV vaccine – but says there is no need for review group to look into side effects

There was "concerns", they were fueled by people in actual power who should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Am. You aware....

HPV U-TURN Fine Gael vice-president defends raising concerns about HPV vaccine – but says there is no need for review group to look into side effects

There was "concerns", they were fueled by people in actual power who should know better.

"He asked Simon Harris for “the number of persons who received support from his Department after displaying medical difficulties relating to the HPV vaccine”."

He looked for facts, he didn't raise concerns.

That is a hell of a lot different to your friend in Clare.

blanch152 wrote: »
    "He asked Simon Harris for “the number of persons who received support from his Department after displaying medical difficulties relating to the HPV vaccine”."

He looked for facts, he didn't raise concerns.

That is a hell of a lot different to your friend in Clare.

Oh he did.
    Deputy John Paul Phelan asked the Minister for Health the number of persons who have complained to the HPRA or their general practitioners about the HPV vaccine in each of the years from 2010 to 2016; his plans to set up a review group to explain the considerable similarities in the symptoms displayed by these persons; and if he will make a statement on the matter.

He asked for a review group to be set up not on facebook but on the Dáil record.

Re your friend in Clare, when you get a chance you might answer the question I asked you all ready. Ta.

Keep defending anti-vaxxers.

I didn't. I asked you to back up your claim.

It's how these things work.
    I would not defend anyone who said the vaccine was unsafe and shouldn't be taken.

So did she or did she not say that?

• Advertisement

Oh he did.

He asked for a review group to be set up not on facebook but on the Dáil record.

Re your friend in Clare, when you get a chance you might answer the question I asked you all ready. Ta.

I didn't. I asked you to back up your claim.

It's how these things work.

So did she or did she not say that?

The original source has disappeared, just like Reada Cronin's tweets. We truly are in the world envisaged by Orwell in "1984".

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/sinn-fein-td-made-attack-on-the-hpv-vaccine-38952559.html

Compare what she said to what Phelan and others you have dragged into this have said. She is against compulsory vaccination, she says, and she throws an awful lot of slurs into the mix, whereas others just asked questions.

By the way, she hasn't apologised for the remarks:

http://www.clare.fm/news/politics/clares-sinn-fein-td-stops-short-saying-regrets-comments-hpv-vaccine/

"Violet Anne Wynne says she’s no longer against the vaccine, but she stopped short of admitting that she regretted the remarks."

If she is no longer against the vaccine, that means she was against it at one time. Words from her own mouth.

And if linman is around, she still hasn't even started paying the money back.

The original source has disappeared, just like Reada Cronin's tweets. We truly are in the world envisaged by Orwell in "1984".

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/sinn-fein-td-made-attack-on-the-hpv-vaccine-38952559.html

Compare what she said to what Phelan and others you have dragged into this have said. She is against compulsory vaccination, she says, and she throws an awful lot of slurs into the mix, whereas others just asked questions.

http://www.clare.fm/news/politics/clares-sinn-fein-td-stops-short-saying-regrets-comments-hpv-vaccine/

"Violet Anne Wynne says she’s no longer against the vaccine, but she stopped short of admitting that she regretted the remarks."

If she is no longer against the vaccine, that means she was against it at one time. Words from her own mouth.

So she didn't say what you claimed and she more or less echoed A Fine Gael Minister who wanted a review group setup for the same "concerns", all though one is national politician and Vice President of FG at the time and other a private citizen whittling to a small group on Facebook.

Glad we cleared that up.

Could you be man enough to correct your record?

So she didn't say what you claimed and she more or less echoed A Fine Gael Minister who wanted a review group setup for the same "concerns", all though one is national politician and Vice President of FG at the time and other a private citizen whittling to a small group on Facebook.

Glad we cleared that up.

Could you be man enough to correct your record?

They are not the same, as has clearly been demonstrated. One is quietly asking questions, the other is engaged in scaremongering.

They are not the same, as has clearly been demonstrated. One is quietly asking questions, the other is engaged in scaremongering.

A Fine Gael Minister quietly asking questions in the Dáil compared to some absolute nobody on Facebook.

Too funny.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

But she didn't.

She's trying to deflect blame on to someone else, with her as a gullible conduit for it. Its the worst of both.

TBF, voicing concerns isn't being an anti-vaxxer either. I'm more interested in how this thread is still a thing TBH.
    “The points that I made previously in relation to vaccinations were not in line with party policy and predate my election as a TD by a number of years. At the time there were a number of people that raised concerns about vaccines and I was simply relaying those concerns,” she said.

“I want to make it clear that both I and Sinn Féin support the work of the National Immunisation Office in their efforts to ensure we have a first world public health response to infectious diseases. That is underlined by Sinn Féin’s manifesto commitments to roll out a State-wide vaccination education awareness campaign and significantly increase funding for the National Immunisation Office.

“Let me be absolutely clear – vaccines save lives and are a crucial part of modern life and it is only because of them that we now enjoy the greatest life expectancy in human history,” Ms Wynne concluded.
    https://clarechampion.ie/wynne-distances-herself-from-previous-vaccination-comments/

She didn't admit she was wrong, she admitted she was a fool and an idiot.

There was no sense from her that it won't happen again.

Ah completely different ;)

If you genuinely cared about the issue you'd be citing the others from other parties. It's a tool to attack a shinner, which is cool and all but don't try sell it as anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,017 ✭✭✭✭L1011

TBF, voicing concerns isn't being an anti-vaxxer either. I'm more interested in how this thread is still a thing TBH.

"just asking questions" is often a very deliberate tactic of attack, not anything to do with concerns.

At best, she let herself be a useful idiot for someone. This makes you unsuitable to be an elected representative. And plenty of others have done, Eamon Ryan destroying Metrolink on that basis for instance.

"just asking questions" is often a very deliberate tactic of attack, not anything to do with concerns.

At best, she let herself be a useful idiot for someone. This makes you unsuitable to be an elected representative. And plenty of others have done, Eamon Ryan destroying Metrolink on that basis for instance.

I agree. For me she's foolish, admitted her foolishness on the subject and won't be a threat to public health, if that's the point of this. I've far more issue with the rent arrears.

I fear the bar is not set high for our representatives of any stripe. We'd be here all day listing unsuitable politicians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

That quote doesn't appear anywhere in your link.

:confused:

And I d hear her say that either

I think she said she’ll get paid once a month 8k plus expenses minus tax to pay for free houses and not so well off, and of course all the other things to keep a country going!
    She’s a contributor now to the economy not a drain on it ! I’m choking on my own words being honest !
    She didn’t know when she’ll get paid but will be making an a allowance for to repay the money !
    I wonder is this actually her first job since leaving trinity!

People over a certain income limit, especially politicians, should not have access to social or affordable housing. It's that simple. It's not fair and a waste of resources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭golfball37

People over a certain income limit, especially politicians, should not have access to social or affordable housing. It's that simple. It's not fair and a waste of resources.

I assume all that sort of thing is means tested? Like the University grant etc.
    if not then it really is some country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

golfball37 wrote: »
    I assume all that sort of thing is means tested? Like the University grant etc.
    if not then it really is some country.

Isn't access to free legal aid means tested in Ireland and yet Paul Murphy TD qualified for it during the water protests!

jay0109 wrote: »
    Isn't access to free legal aid means tested in Ireland and yet Paul Murphy TD qualified for it during the water protests!

As did David Drumm afaik. Its some joke of a country. How does one get a medical card? I'm sick of paying for everything

jay0109 wrote: »

Almost everyone in the state is entitled to free legal aid depending on the severity of the charge.

It's a cornerstone of justice and democracy, so "the state" can't have unfair advantage over it's citizens.

Of course that case should have never seen the inside of the court.

First time anyone was ever Kidnapped while reading the paper.

Dead right **** violet anne out in side of the road on 96k a year and a free house ! Whats country coming to

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Almost everyone in the state is entitled to free legal aid depending on the severity of the charge.

It's a cornerstone of justice and democracy, so "the state" can't have unfair advantage over it's citizens.

Of course that case should have never seen the inside of the court.

First time anyone was ever Kidnapped while reading the paper.

https://www.irishlegal.com/article/mr-justice-macmenamin-equal-access-to-justice-leads-to-better-democracy

"He lamented the fact that courts often have up to a third of litigants representing themselves, and spoke of the difficulties where litigants are just above the threshold for legal aid but cannot afford representation."

Shatter tried reforming the legal system when minister. The law society were celebrating when he was ousted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

https://www.clareecho.ie/wynne-hits-out-at-moaning-constituents-and-prat-breen-in-bizarre-online-rant/

Wynne strikes again. Jesus Christ if only people had actually looked at who she was rather than jumping on the SF bandwagon. Embarrassing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

JCX BXC wrote: »
    https://www.clareecho.ie/wynne-hits-out-at-moaning-constituents-and-prat-breen-in-bizarre-online-rant/

Wynne strikes again. Jesus Christ if only people had actually looked at who she was rather than jumping on the SF bandwagon. Embarrassing stuff.

She's no worse than 'Ming' Flanagan or Mick 'Italian Winery' Wallace. It's madness representing the populace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

She's no worse than 'Ming' Flanagan or Mick 'Italian Winery' Wallace. It's madness representing the populace.

Her prior conduct and present nonsense is, however, far worse than what Paddy Hoolohan said.

Wonder will she receive the same sanctions. Will she ****.

Advertisement