Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

limnam wrote: »
    I'm not aware of any stolen money.

If you're referring to rental arrears. Mail her and ask.

Knew she didn't, tells me exactly what sort of person she is.

Dont care even if she makes a big PR exercise out of it

Says a lot about you as well

If reading Irish media it would seem you get a minister to beg a musican.

That wasn’t what I asked.

It was Maryanne84 that brought up current government actions.

I'm just answering the questions.

Dublin pubs sourcing PPE.

Embarrassing.

I see people in my local area offering to assist where they can, somebody making things to put onto nurses ears to stop sores from wearing the masks

That is what good decent people do, what I would like to think all of the country would do in a crisis.

But of course we don't have a country full of those people, do we?

We have the useless percentage that do nothing but complain about what everyone else is doing:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

It's 32k euro over 4 years.

That's a fair chunk of bobs.

Better than fleecing us for expenses for days not in the dail like some other TD's

Great to see.

she isn't though , is she, SF party takes the excess of TDs salary above what they claim is the "average wage" ..of course not Dessie Eliis..:pac:

In reality it's mary lou and the party giving Violets salary to the state. not Violet-Anne Wynne.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

The one good thing to come from this pandemic is the good people doing all they can to support their fellow countrymen and women. From young people joining local volunteers and delivering groceries and other supplies to vulnerable, housebound neighbors. To pubs and clubs fundraising for vital supplies that the whole World are trying to source. Nothing embarrassing in that. The opposite, in fact. Honest, decent citizens using unexpected and unwanted free time to help their fellow citizens through uncharted waters. I, for one am proud of them and more proud to serve alongside them.

Thats not how the landlord of the pub felt who had to used his own contacts in China.

Pub owners struggling with their own issues should not be left doing this work while governments blow 40 million on useless PPE.

It's great that we have all these groups outside of covid that cover up all the governments balls ups

• Advertisement

I’m confused. Another SF Td has a photo up of the same return of 8k but he goes on to say the increase is worth 5k per year.

Is it a backdated amount relating to 2016 and who was a TD then?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/i-am-paid-more-than-enough-sinn-fein-td-returns-wage-increase-due-to-covid-19-crisis-992421.html

Thats not how the landlord of the pub felt who had to used his own contacts in China.

Pub owners struggling with their own issues should not be left doing this work while governments blow 40 million on useless PPE.

It's great that we have all these groups outside of covid that cover up all the governments balls ups

Once again. Who procured said 40 million of PPE?

paw patrol wrote: »

In reality it's mary lou and the party giving Violets salary to the state. not Violet-Anne Wynne.

Funny that her signature is on the deceleration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭This is it

Depends.

If the they put up the same lads who were voting while not in work and fleecing us for falsely claimed expenses.

Not great options really.

What about...

Once again. Who procured said 40 million of PPE?

Looking at the state of the PPE.

Looks like someone from moore st.

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »
    What about...

No, what they did was fact and on the same card as Violet :)

Nice try though

Looking at the state of the PPE.

Looks like someone from moore st.

What department procured the PPE?

Who said it was useless?

What department procured the PPE?

Simon Harris said:

“We’re buying an awful lot of personal protective equipment; that is a really good thing [because] we need to protect people on the front line,” he said.

Simon Harris said:

“We’re buying an awful lot of personal protective equipment; that is a really good thing [because] we need to protect people on the front line,” he said.

I’ll ask again. Who is the “we” that are buying it. Who sources and makes the purchase?

I’ll ask again. Who is the “we” that are buying it. Who sources and makes the purchase?

Simone Harris said "We"

Top boss of health.

Buck stops there.

Simone Harris said "We"

Top boss of health.

Buck stops there.

In reality that isn't true

No way does Simon Harris know what type of equipment to order or anything. It is responsibility of people in his department. So people would need to answer like any company.

if the issue is unresolved then yes it goes to Simon Harris.

So you are true in the buck stops with him, but it needs to be addressed below him. Standard management chain used by every company/government in the World....

Also still waiting for confirmation on who said it was useless. Thanks

Simone Harris said "We"

Top boss of health.

Buck stops there.

I didn’t ask who the buck stops with.

Once again. Who procures the PPE?

I didn’t ask who the buck stops with.

Once again. Who procures the PPE?

Dont hold your breath.....:P

It always amazes me that most people work in companies whcih have a management chain yet when it comes to government they seem confused with how a management chain works

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Nothing whataboutery about it.

She's giving 32k euro of her wages back to the public coffers.

Fair play to her.

It's a good investment for her. She might get a few more eejits to vote for her and she'll keep her extremely well paid job. I say extremely well paid relative to what she might otherwise be earning.

I'm sure that I could go out onto the streets of any large town or city in the country and find a homeless junkie who would gladly agree to give back 80% of a TDs wages should they be elected. It would be a great deal for them. They get money for nothing and sure nobody else would want the job instead of them. Wouldn't necessarily be great value for money....although the homeless man, by definition, at least wouldn't be ripping off a housing charity so he might be better than some that are currently there. Not mentioning names of course.

• Advertisement

I’m confused. Another SF Td has a photo up of the same return of 8k but he goes on to say the increase is worth 5k per year.

Is it a backdated amount relating to 2016 and who was a TD then?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/i-am-paid-more-than-enough-sinn-fein-td-returns-wage-increase-due-to-covid-19-crisis-992421.html

It was being paid in two phases. The first €5,000 and the second €3,000 (roughly)

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Dont hold your breath.....:P

It always amazes me that most people work in companies whcih have a management chain yet when it comes to government they seem confused with how a management chain works

Yeah,

When 40 mil is about to be put down on what could turn out to be one of the most critical investments in health. Why would the top of the chain be in anyway responsible.

The buck stops at the top.

The top is Simon Harris.

It's a good investment for her. She might get a few more eejits to vote for her and she'll keep her extremely well paid job. I say extremely well paid relative to what she might otherwise be earning.

I'm sure that I could go out onto the streets of any large town or city in the country and find a homeless junkie who would gladly agree to give back 80% of a TDs wages should they be elected. It would be a great deal for them. They get money for nothing and sure nobody else would want the job instead of them. Wouldn't necessarily be great value for money....although the homeless man, by definition, at least wouldn't be ripping off a housing charity so he might be better than some that are currently there. Not mentioning names of course.

She was grouped with a bunch of TD's who were ripping off the state.

Wasn't much choice on the card I'd say.

FG then pulled the funding from the housing charity.

Giving back 32k over 4 years would be some job.

Has there been any FG/FF TD's who returned the money?

Or are they going for the next working from home few bobs? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

She’s a bit of a ‘howya’ to be honest. Is she a Jackeen originally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Funny that her signature is on the deceleration.

we all know she wasn't getting that money anyway. the party was.

you're either thick or being obtuse .

She’s a bit of a ‘howya’ to be honest. Is she a Jackeen originally?

Didn't know Trinity allowed howya's to attend.

Odd comment from Board's Jim Royle.

paw patrol wrote: »
    we all know she wasn't getting that money anyway. the party was.

you're either thick or being obtuse .

Source?

Yeah,

When 40 mil is about to be put down on what could turn out to be one of the most critical investments in health. Why would the top of the chain be in anyway responsible.

The buck stops at the top.

The top is Simon Harris.

You do realise that what equipment wasn’t up to the desired quality was returned?

You do realise that what equipment wasn’t up to the desired quality was returned?

Hopefully no one died waiting.

• Advertisement

Hopefully no one died waiting.

What a silly, childish response.

Advertisement