Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

What a silly, childish response.

The response of anyone concerned for the citizens and the front line workers I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

limnam wrote: »
    Source?

oh you're a source bore?
    pathetic
    go look up SF policy on TDs pay. yourself I'm not your nursemaid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Didn't know Trinity allowed howya's to attend.

Odd comment from Board's Jim Royle.

I’m a Trinity man myself, dude.

Is she from Dublin though? I’ve never heard her speak.

SF need to put this lady out of action fairly pronto. Make her close down her social media, get her off local radio, find a new candidate for the next election, minimise damage. SF put forward a fair few thicks in the last election, but this one has the potential to be damaging to the ‘brand’.

The response of anyone concerned for the citizens and the front line workers I hope.

The amount that weren’t up to scratch was fairly small. So while some of it would need tweaking in future orders, the majority of it was ok. HSE hadn’t run out of supplies anyway, so no fear of anyone dying due to lack of PPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Nope, she really is giving back 32k euro. :)
    Just because you keep saying it doesnt make it true

• Advertisement

The amount that weren’t up to scratch was fairly small. So while some of it would need tweaking in future orders, the majority of it was ok. HSE hadn’t run out of supplies anyway, so no fear of anyone dying due to lack of PPE.

Don't know about that. Some were very conerned

Meanwhile, a shortage of protective eye kit has also meant that some healthcare staff have been asked to disinfect and reuse goggles that are normally for single use only.

Professor Cormican said that reuse is an issue of “very real concern” in a number of healthcare settings and that it was supposed to be ended with the arrival of the new equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Thankfully that day is well gone. All our third level institutions are open to every student that meets the points quota and for those that dont there are support schemes.
    I know that third level attendance can be expensive re accommodation, books, I.T. etc but with determination and family support it is achievable. So what if one student is better off than another. Summer work, part time work can be got to help financially.

Edgware wrote: »
    Thankfully that day is well gone. All our third level institutions are open to every student that meets the points quota and for those that dont there are support schemes.
    I know that third level attendance can be expensive re accommodation, books, I.T. etc but with determination and family support it is achievable. So what if one student is better off than another. Summer work, part time work can be got to help financially.

So if she was a howaya. It should be irrelevant?

Good to know.

While other TD's are looking for big hands outs for working from home on massive wages while hundreds of thousands go on to the dole.

Here we have one handing back her 8k raise.

Fair play to her.

A small few. I’m sure that you’ll be delighted to hear that their request was turned down. “Sources say the question of extra funding to pay for office equipment or laptops has been raised by a small number of TDs.

Some staff have asked about access to better internet connections, new computer and printing equipment, and additional funds for increases in mobile phone bills.

However, the Houses of the Oireachtas says it is not considering any allowances.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/tds-seek-allowance-for-working-from-home-994059.html

Don't know about that. Some were very conerned

Meanwhile, a shortage of protective eye kit has also meant that some healthcare staff have been asked to disinfect and reuse goggles that are normally for single use only.

Professor Cormican said that reuse is an issue of “very real concern” in a number of healthcare settings and that it was supposed to be ended with the arrival of the new equipment.

It’s the same in the rest of the World. This pandemic is unprecedented and no health service in the World would have enough of anything in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Yeah,

When 40 mil is about to be put down on what could turn out to be one of the most critical investments in health. Why would the top of the chain be in anyway responsible.

The buck stops at the top.

The top is Simon Harris.

The top isnt Simon either, it is Leo.....

I will ask again, who said it was useless? you seem to have no issue asking everyone else for sources.....

Do they have a sign at door saying "no howys'a allowed in"

Otherwise I don't see why they wouldn't?

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Course they wouldn't

As it's not relevant. As much as it's not relevant to her been a TD.

Course they wouldn't

As it's not relevant. As much as it's not relevant to her been a TD.

So why you say it?

It is relevant when she is robbing money from charities by the way, 100% it is relevant.

Anyway, any source on that useless comment?

It’s the same in the rest of the World. This pandemic is unprecedented and no health service in the World would have enough of anything in stock.

Not sure how it's relevant to the mistakes been made.

There not been availability is one thing.

Purchasing not fit for purpose is another.

So why you say it?

It is relevant when she is robbing money from charities by the way, 100% it is relevant.

Anyway, any source on that useless comment?

I was being sarcastic.

She didn't "rob" anything

I was being sarcastic.

The useless comment???? still waiting......

Not sure how it's relevant to the mistakes been made.

There not been availability is one thing.

Purchasing not fit for purpose is another.

They didn’t purchase not fit for purpose. They returned it with more detailed instructions of what they wanted.

The useless comment???? still waiting......

Source bore :rolleyes:

They didn’t purchase not fit for purpose. They returned it with more detailed instructions of what they wanted.

-- in an audit of the PPE delivered were described as “unsuitable” or “not suitable for use” in clinical or other healthcare settings.
    --

Not fit for purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I was being sarcastic.

She did really - She robbed someone else more deserving of a house in west Clare by taking one from a charity and refusing to pay for it almost from the day she moved in and it took them several years to get her out.

Years that someone else that wasn't a complete sponger could have had a nice roof over their heads.

So yes - she did "rob" something.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    She did really - She robbed someone else more deserving of a house in west Clare by taking one from a charity and refusing to pay for it almost from the day she moved in and it took them several years to get her out.

Years that someone else that wasn't a complete sponger could have had a nice roof over their heads.

So yes - she did "rob" something.

She fell into arrears with a sick husband.

It's not "robbing" anything

-- in an audit of the PPE delivered were described as “unsuitable” or “not suitable for use” in clinical or other healthcare settings.
    --

Not fit for purpose.

So were not paid for.

So were not paid for.

Which caused a delay leaving people having to re-use items which was of grave concern which may have led to people being killed of the virus.

Costly mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Not any more unfortunately. They had to take it down a couple of years ago.

It's kept for safekeeping though in a case beside the book of Kells in the old library. They'll bring it back out when all this PC crap dies down later.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

She fell into arrears with a sick husband.

It's not "robbing" anything

No.. No she didn't..

She stopped paying almost immediately and refused to pay , not a single penny for almost 3 years.

Her husband was not "sick" when she stopped paying , nor did she have 5 kids.

She made a deliberate decision to not pay her rent because she knew it would take ages to get her out.

But you know this as it's been covered here by me and others replying to you saying exactly the same thing since this thread started..

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112550344&postcount=207

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112550075&postcount=196

People fall on hard times.

She fell behind in her rent.

She's declared to give 32ke to the state.

She said she'd make a donation to charity also.

Compared to the fraudsters on her card.

She's doing alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

She's doing alright

Hard times didn’t seem to stop her having more kids while withholding her rent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

She's doing alright

She refused to pay €63 quid a week when there was multiples of that coming in in social welfare payments. She’s a self-entitled gouger who wanted a house for nothing. She shouldn’t have been put on the ticket, and SF need to drop her like a hot snot. Meanwhile you’re getting all jumpy and tetchy attempting to defend the indefensible.

• Advertisement

Hard times didn’t seem to stop her having more kids while withholding her rent though.

Sure and I'd love to know what the falling out was about as we might understand more about what happened there.

He seemed to fall out with tenured staff of the charity too.

e.g were they trying to make arrangements to pay x etc.

Seems communication was broken down.

Again I don't know enough about her or the situation.

If we put a financial constraint on having kids, there would be very few of them around.

Advertisement