Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

limnam wrote: »
    Is this similar to given ex FG TD's who didn't get elected hundreds of thousands of euro for a business which did nothing but rent an empty warehouse?

This sort of carry on? or?

Tell us more please

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Four out of ten not suitable, you said it all was useless

I’m tiring, I would expect I am....especially for someone who continues to post lies

What would we do without you chief.

feargale wrote: »
    SF have form when it comes to bogus assertions of making do with the "average industrial wage." Given the vast wealth of that "business friendly" party, what mechanisms of transparency will be put in place to assure the public that such gestures will not be negatived by the party's generosity to its members, or by benefits in kind such as hospitality provided by the "martyrs" who own holiday homes in Donegal.

Don't forget to tell Jim Connolly about the fair play. I'm sure he will be very impressed.

Or is this close to Hugh McElvaney and his "I want loadsa money" ?

With the amount of non declared directorships etc in FG's ranks.

"form" is probably not the right thing to bring here.

"what's in it for me??"

hahahah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Now giving 8k a year of her wages to the state.

Thumbs up I'd say

The last time Sinn Fein claimed something like this, it was found to be untrue with TDs like Dessie Ellis not falling in line. I won't believe she is handing anything back until I see proof as she and SF have no credibility.

blanch152 wrote: »
    The last time Sinn Fein claimed something like this, it was found to be untrue with TDs like Dessie Ellis not falling in line. I won't believe she is handing anything back until I see proof as she and SF have no credibility.

I don't recall Dessie making any deceleration to this did he ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

You're tiring.

This is the last time I'll hold your hand through the thread. It's hard to believe you're a parent.

"HSE CEO Paul Reid said today that the HSE doesn’t want any further delivery of this equipment which doesn’t meet its specifications"

"It follows the Business Post reporting this morning that four of the ten items assessed in an audit of the PPE delivered were described as “unsuitable” or “not suitable for use” in clinical or other healthcare settings."

The journal and business post.

What has a procurement issue in the HSE got to do with our good friend Violet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A distraction, and if that doesn't work, bring up the old faithful, Denis O'Brien.

Someone brought up how the current government were handling the current crisis.

Or things she could have done with the money.

Feel free to read the thread.

blanch152 wrote: »
    A distraction, and if that doesn't work, bring up the old faithful, Denis O'Brien.

Loadsa bleedin' money

?width=630&version=2486799

Someone brought up how the current government were handling the current crisis.

Or things she could have done with the money.

Feel free to read the thread.

Right gotcha.

So when there is a procurement issue in a HSE order it is squarely the fault of the government.

When VAW makes a personal decision to stop paying rent, for several years, to the tune of €12k, she gets a free pass from you. Strange logic but whatever your having yourself.

• Advertisement

Right gotcha.

So when there is a procurement issue in a HSE order it is squarely the fault of the government.

When VAW makes a personal decision to stop paying rent, for several years, to the tune of €12k, she gets a free pass from you. Strange logic but whatever your having yourself.

No pass.

I was just stating she's now giving up 8k of her salary to the state.

She didn't potentially cause death's to people for fcking up one of the most important investment in health for years.

But I guess there's a comparison there somewhere.....

No pass.

I was just stating she's now giving up 8k of her salary to the state.

She didn't potentially cause death's to people for fcking up one of the most important investment in health for years.

But I guess there's a comparison there somewhere.....

The Chinese manufacturers fcked up the order. Just saying.

The Chinese manufacturers fcked up the order. Just saying.

I'm sure there's someone to blame.

IT glitch for the 100 people getting the wrong results.

What was the excuse for the cervical cancer mistakes.

There's always an excuse.

As I said. Lets hope it didn't cause any further deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Now giving 8k a year of her wages to the state.

Thumbs up I'd say

She's actually not giving 8k of her wages to the state. It has no impact on her and is not her decision.

Given that SF TD's take home only the average industrial wage (lets pretend that's true). Then the amount that she takes home is the same regardless of whether she returns 8k or 18k or 28k even.

This returning of money appears to be the case for all of the SF TDs. They have all coincidentally returned the same amount. The cynical person (read anyone with a tiny bit of cop on) might conclude that this was a party mandated decision.

Furthermore, given that she was elected apparently only as a result of being given a SF badge, she owes her salary and potential "political future" to them.
    Should there be another election next month, and she was taken from the SF ticket for whatever reason, then my understanding is that her chances of getting elected as an independent (possibly running against a new SF candidate) are extremely low. So she has to play ball. She can't do a moany Claire Daly and do a runner after getting elected so as to not hand up her agreed share and expect to get elected again off her own bat.

Given that she apparently spent nearly all her 20's living on the dole and scrounging from the state, along with her partner similarly contributing, it is likely that she would not be able to match her "average industrial wage" off her own back. So she simply knows that she has to do what that central council tell her to do.

To reiterate my main point. Her giving back 8k or 16k or 0k has no actual impact on her one bit (unless of course the Shinners tell a few fibs about taking only the average industrial wage)

All I know is she made a deceleration to give to the state 8k euro as a TD she's entitled to.

At a time when other TD's are looking for WFH policies to get more money from the state

Great to see/hear from any TD/Party.

Spin it anyway you want. That's what she did

All I know is she made a deceleration to give to the state 8k euro as a TD she's entitled to.

At a time when other TD's are looking for WFH policies to get more money from the state

Which TD said they want more to work from home?

Which TD said they want more to work from home?

The list of names were not provided. Only that there will be no such policy allowance given to those who asked or for anyone else.

The neck of them.

The list of names were not provided. Only that there will be no such policy allowance given to those who asked or for anyone else.

The neck of them.

I dont see anythign saying any TD asked? where did you see this?

Sorry I know you hate providing sources but you just keep referring to it

I dont see anythign saying any TD asked? where did you see this?

Sorry I know you hate providing sources but you just keep referring to it

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/tds-seek-allowance-for-working-from-home-994059.html

So a SF TD has come out with some statement about not getting extra payment but not in response to anyone asking for payment?????

Seriously would you ever cop on!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

"Sources"

No names, no details, damn all really just angry clickbait for the twitterati.

She's actually not giving 8k of her wages to the state. It has no impact on her and is not her decision.

Given that SF TD's take home only the average industrial wage (lets pretend that's true). Then the amount that she takes home is the same regardless of whether she returns 8k or 18k or 28k even.

This returning of money appears to be the case for all of the SF TDs. They have all coincidentally returned the same amount. The cynical person (read anyone with a tiny bit of cop on) might conclude that this was a party mandated decision.

Furthermore, given that she was elected apparently only as a result of being given a SF badge, she owes her salary and potential "political future" to them.
    Should there be another election next month, and she was taken from the SF ticket for whatever reason, then my understanding is that her chances of getting elected as an independent (possibly running against a new SF candidate) are extremely low. So she has to play ball. She can't do a moany Claire Daly and do a runner after getting elected so as to not hand up her agreed share and expect to get elected again off her own bat.

Given that she apparently spent nearly all her 20's living on the dole and scrounging from the state, along with her partner similarly contributing, it is likely that she would not be able to match her "average industrial wage" off her own back. So she simply knows that she has to do what that central council tell her to do.

To reiterate my main point. Her giving back 8k or 16k or 0k has no actual impact on her one bit (unless of course the Shinners tell a few fibs about taking only the average industrial wage)

It would seem that not all follow the party line. https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/dessie-ellis-may-not-be-only-sf-td-keeping-93k-salary-471827.html

Fair play to her for handing back the money. I also think she should try make amends for her past actions. She is allowed do both.

"Sources"

No names, no details, damn all really just angry clickbait for the twitterati.

The source is bloody SF.....its the typical propaganda s**t from them.....

Of course below the source is a lovely SF TD who just happened to be ready with a pre-written response.

Some people really need to wake up in Ireland....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I'm not even sure it can be blamed on a political party really. It's just filler. The examiner is finished.

They are making a big statement now about not taking it, nothing to stop them in 2 months time when the press has a story of going back in an getting it

Wasn't SF claiming expenses to go to Westminster while making a big statement about never going to Westminster?

Fair play to her for handing back the money. I also think she should try make amends for her past actions. She is allowed do both.

She said she would.

Fire her off a mail shur and see what her plans are.

I'm not even sure it can be blamed on a political party really. It's just filler. The examiner is finished.

Funny how it is a SF TD that is available for comment? if this was an actual story you would have all of them at it....PBP/Labour etc....no just a SF TD....

They are making a big statement now about not taking it, nothing to stop them in 2 months time when the press has a story of going back in an getting it

Don't worry.

Every FF/FG person in the country will let you know about it

• Advertisement

She said she would.

Fire her off a mail shur and see what her plans are.

She said that she’d pay rent and she didn’t. Her landlord had to go to court to get her and her family out after living rent free for years.

Advertisement