Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

She said that she’d pay rent and she didn’t. Her landlord had to go to court to get her and her family out after living rent free for years.

And if she doesn't rectify it. I'd be the first one on here to lash her out of it.

limnam wrote: »
    And if she doesn't rectify it. I'd be the first one on here to lash her out of it.

Lash away. She had no intention of ever rectifying it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

really ? sure you don't even see what she has done wrong, how will you lash her out of it ?

Lash away. She had no intention of ever rectifying it!

We don't know that

She's made a deceleration to hand back 8k a year....

We don't know that

She's made a deceleration to hand back 8k a year....

She says that she’s giving that to the State. What about her 6 years rent?

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    really ? sure you don't even see what she has done wrong, how will you lash her out of it ?

Oh I'll go to town on her now don't you be worrying yourself.

She says that she’s giving that to the State. What about her 6 years rent?

The point was she's made that deceleration. So there's no reason to think she won't stand by her word of rectifying the rent issue.

Have a little faith Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

How long are you going to give her?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ooooh Matron!

The point was she's made that deceleration. So there's no reason to think she won't stand by her word of rectifying the rent issue.

Have a little faith Mary.

Hard to have faith in someone who refuses to pay rent of €63 a week for 6 years?

• Advertisement

Hard to have faith in someone who refuses to pay rent of €63 a week for 6 years?

I know but. You probably have faith in other TD's who are tearing the arse off you. You obviously give them a chance or turn a blind eye.

Why not her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Oh I'll go to town on her now don't you be worrying yourself.

you have no problem with her thieving from a charity , depriving another more deserving family of a home and leeching off the state for her whole life yet this is the one time you ll go to town is it ? lol

you have no issue with the gemma o Doherty like crazy face book rants either ?

I know but. You probably have faith in other TD's who are tearing the arse off you. You obviously give them a chance or turn a blind eye.

Why not her.

Can you explain how a TD or anyone could tear the arse off me?

Well it's a tricky one.

Do we know the total?

I'm not sure of her current outgoings etc.

There's a lots of ifs/buts/what have you's.

If I could ball park her current disposable income we could figure out how long it would take to save up

People are saying she's on minimum wage right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Does this mean you will stop with the stupid statement about other TD looking for a raise?

Can you explain how a TD or anyone could tear the arse off me?

If you give us a few names you voted for of late I'm sure we could find a way

mynamejeff wrote: »

you have no issue with the gemma o Doherty like crazy face book rants either ?

GOD is a bloody nut job.

Come on.

If you give us a few names you voted for of late I'm sure we could find a way

So, really, you’re talking through your arse.

So, really, you’re talking through your arse.

So no names then.

Fine

So no names then.

Fine

It was a simple question based on something you said, maybe you could clarify....I’m interested as well

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It was a simple question based on something you said, maybe you could clarify....I’m interested as well

Well to give a quick example.

If I voted in a TD. Go to work every day to pay my taxes etc.

Said TD doesn't bother turning up to work and claims my hard earned taxes for expenses he didn't make etc

I'd feel like I was getting taking for a bit of a ride.

I didn't think it was going to be so taxing on the imagination.

Yes I agree they should attend or have wages cut

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/eight-politicians-denied-full-allowance-over-poor-attendance-1.3949510

This took 10 seconds to find. I’m sure plenty more on SF. How do you think the people of UK feel with them charging expense for not travelling?

Violet Anne seems like a really thrust worthy person, no reason to suspect she wouldn’t rip off people....oh wait

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Yes I agree they should attend or have wages cut

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/eight-politicians-denied-full-allowance-over-poor-attendance-1.3949510

This took 10 seconds to find. I’m sure plenty more on SF. How do you think the people of UK feel with them charging expense for not travelling?

Violet Anne seems like a really thrust worthy person, no reason to suspect she wouldn’t rip off people....oh wait

I didn't see her name on it...

A good example

Practically missing for two years.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/fine-gael-minister-says-dara-murphy-should-pay-back-expenses-968012.html

If that's not tearing the arse off his voters i don't know what is.

Another group

The politicians and amount of invalid expenses were TDs Alan Farrell (FG) - €4,214.79; Maria Bailey (FG) - €1,977.11 and senators Michelle Mulherin (FG) - €2,006.73; Lynn Ruane (Ind) - €978.81; Colette Kelleher (Ind) - €245.85 and Jerry Buttimer (FG) - €227.16.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

All I know is she made a deceleration to give to the state 8k euro as a TD she's entitled to.

At a time when other TD's are looking for WFH policies to get more money from the state

Great to see/hear from any TD/Party.

Spin it anyway you want. That's what she did

Hi.

How much of a difference will it make to her actual take home pay? What goes into her account that she is allowed to keep and spend how she wants? That will tell us how much of a sacrifice she has made.

Answer is zero.

It's like an employee looking for credit because their name was pulled out of the had to decide what charity will get the annual company Christmas donation this year.

It's not her decision to donate the money and makes absolutely no difference to her whether it is donated or not. It's amazing what lack of straws there must be if you are grasping at that one!!!

Now, if she made a donation out of her own pocket, after receiving all her annual income, then that is a different matter. Well after she pays back the money she stole from the charity (in the form of unpaid rent). She should get that sorted first. Plenty of people on Average Industrial Wage have to pay for things too ya know!

All I know is she made a deceleration to give to the state 8k euro as a TD she's entitled to.

At a time when other TD's are looking for WFH policies to get more money from the state

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Ah but therein lies the rub. She's not entitled to that though is she? If she wants the SF on her poster she couldn't have it anyway.

If I'm a carpenter and I know two builders quoting for a job and one offers to pay me 10k for doing the carpentry work. and the other offers to pay 8k even though both quote the owner the same overall price. Both probably included say 12k for carpentry work in the quote. Well if I go for the 8k one because I think that I have a better chance of getting it with him then I can't really complain afterwards can I?

Just like she said that she’d pay a paltry €63 a week in rent. Did she pay that rent?

• Advertisement

Just like she said that she’d pay a paltry €63 a week in rent. Did she pay that rent?

She did not.

You've made this point.

Since then she's made a deceleration to return the 8k to the state.

She's stated she will make a donation regarding the rental arrears.

Advertisement