Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

lab man wrote: »
    if u were a rural dweller you'd know whats going on, but you know more than everyone else here so ...

Did you not know, the SF supporter is the new genius of Ireland. They know everything.....the rest of the nation, 76% of us are all idiots

I do keep referring back to this article. I think it is the best description of the current political landscpae in Ireland

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/02/17/24-of-electorate-that-voted-sinn-fein-under-impression-100-of-nation-voted-for-party/

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Did you not know, the SF supporter is the new genius of Ireland. They know everything.....the rest of the nation, 76% of us are all idiots

I do keep referring back to this article. I think it is the best description of the current political landscpae in Ireland

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/02/17/24-of-electorate-that-voted-sinn-fein-under-impression-100-of-nation-voted-for-party/

Lad...if you have resorted to quoting satire to make your point.....maybe it has no substance

Imagine berating someone for being an anti-vaxxer and then quoting waterford whispers for a source :pac:

FG supporters really are the gift, that keep on giving :D:D

The only way to know if she’s still an anti vaxxer or not is to ask if all her children’s vaccinations are up to date.

Lad...if you have resorted to quoting satire to make your point.....maybe it has no substance

Imagine berating someone for being an anti-vaxxer and then quoting waterford whispers for a source :pac:

FG supporters really are the gift, that keep on giving :D:D

Can you quote me where I said anything about anti-vaxxer?

Im not a FG supporter by the way, think I told you that before....

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

limnam wrote: »
    Don't love her at all..

So ehy spend so much time on here then?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Which part?

Not wanting to call off the parade?

Spending 40m on un-usuable PPE gear?

Begging bono for money?

Dublin pubs having to source PPE?

Giving 100 people the wrong test results?

Can you be bit more specific on "handling"

You appear to be stuck on repeat

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

So ehy spend so much time on here then?

Especially from a mod. That's a really stupid question.

Boards is a discussion forum. In this thread the discussion is about herself. I'll continue that discussion until it's done. Nothing to do with love or any special affinity to SF.

I assume you do something similar in discussions your involved in.

Don't ask stupid questions. You should know better.

You appear to be stuck on repeat

If the question never changes. Nor will the answer.

If the question never changes. Nor will the answer.

You forgot to mention the 8k "deceleration" that St Violet Anne signed

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Lets recap...

She said she'd pay rent. She didn't. (Fool you once Limnam)
    She said she'd pay back the amount owed (to a different charity). She hasn't. (Fool you twice Limnam)

Now she's making some tokenistic "declaration" about money she hasn't got. (Dear, oh dear Limnam...)

• Advertisement

Zulu wrote: »
    Lets recap...

She said she'd pay rent. She didn't. (Fool you once Limnam)
    She said she'd pay back the amount owed (to a different charity). She hasn't. (Fool you twice Limnam)

Now she's making some tokenistic "declaration" about money she hasn't got. (Dear, oh dear Limnam...)

Hasn't fooled anyone twice (yet)

I think the debt is about 12k? (open to correction before Shefwedfan creams himself)

If we believe she's in minimum wage with 5 kids.

paying rent etc

How long would it take to get 12k up

To add to that, I don't know if she hasn't paid it

No one seems to want to ask her. Just accuse without proof while announcing everything else as BS.

Interesting discussion all the same.

I think the debt is about 12k? (open to correction before Shefwedfan creams himself)

paying rent etc

No one seems to want to ask her. Just accuse without proof while announcing everything else as BS.

At the time of the court case it was, indeed, in the region of €12,000. However, she stayed another two years rent free. That’s another €6,500.

There’s also a huge difference between minimum wage and average industrial wage.

At the time of the court case it was, indeed, in the region of €12,000. However, she stayed another two years rent free. That’s another €6,500.

Smashing.

So taking the variables above. How long would it take to put 18.5k together?

There’s also a huge difference between minimum wage and average industrial wage.

No problem.

I don't care what figure we use.

So are we taking median? average?

Take any.

Take 5 kids/rent etc

What's our average disposable and how long will it take to put 18.5k together?

Smashing.

So taking the variables above. How long would it take to put 18.5k together?

Also, not all TDs need take average industrial wage.

“ For years, Sinn Féin TDs claimed to take the average industrial wage, which is currently around €40,000.

Two years ago, the party loosened this policy.

However, Mr Tóibín said Sinn Féin TDs could always make cases to retain their full salary.

"They definitely did make exceptions around personal circumstance and there was flexibility around it, but in the main it was adhered to up until a couple of years ago and then they started to review it," he said.

The Meath West TD said the salary policy "didn't make sense" because in some instances party members could not afford to send their children to third-level education as they did not qualify for grants because their official salary was €96,189 per year.”
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/sf-made-exceptions-on-average-industrial-wage-policy-to-allow-some-tds-to-draw-full-salary-claims-toibin-38905914.html

Ok.

It's getting confusing.

People are saying she wouldn't have had any benefit from the 8k due to SF rules

Now we're saying she may have benefited because not everyone is following them?

Which is it?

Ok.

It's getting confusing.

People are saying she wouldn't have had any benefit from the 8k due to SF rules

Now we're saying she may have benefited because not everyone is following them?

Which is it?

They make it up as they go along.

Me, I’m peed off that SF aren’t in government at the moment and giving everyone out of work due to Covid 19 the average industrial wage. That X 2 would be twice what Skinflint FG are giving us.

paying rent etc

She’s been asked has she paid it numerous times on her Facebook account and she always ignores the question.

Where’s the minimum wage coming from? She also has a partner. Does he work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

No problem.

I don't care what figure we use.

So are we taking median? average?

Take any.

Take 5 kids/rent etc

What's our average disposable and how long will it take to put 18.5k together?

Its really really simple, roughly 63 euro a week for 4 years + 63 euro a week for a further 2 years.

People who live in the real world pay it as it is due.

They make it up as they go along.

Me, I’m peed off that SF aren’t in government at the moment and giving everyone out of work due to Covid 19 the average industrial wage. That X 2 would be twice what Skinflint FG are giving us.

This is good, progress.

So she's as likely to have benefited from the 8ke she's giving back to the state as she is not to have.

I'll take that.

• Advertisement

She’s been asked has she paid it numerous times on her Facebook account and she always ignores the question.

Where’s the minimum wage coming from? She also has a partner. Does he work?

Average ind wage. Whatever figure they're using. I'm happy to use it.

I don't know of his current circumstances. He wasn't working at the time and based on her current salary financially he wouldn't be entitled to anything now i'd say.

paying rent etc

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Average ind wage. Whatever figure they're using. I'm happy to use it.

I don't know of his current circumstances. He wasn't working at the time and based on her current salary financially he wouldn't be entitled to anything now i'd say.

Just to be clear she is not being paid the average industrial wage. She is being paid around €90k + expenses and chooses to donate a portion of that to her political party

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

One of your better posts.

Just to be clear she is not being paid the average industrial wage. She is being paid around €90k + expenses and chooses to donate a portion of that to her political party

Oh,

That's not the impression I was getting here yesterday.

Apparently there some sort of SF rule that no source was provided for that SF sets the wage and she would never have any benifit from the 8k that was returned.

Hard to keep up with anti SF's story.

Pick one lads. :)

So if the the salary is 96k? (Shefwedfan can keep us honest here)

8k back to state.

Takes avg ind of 40k

Based on that is 50k going to SF?

OR can you provide us with the break down of her take home pay based on SF rules?

Her basic salary is 96,189. She can claim numerous expenses on top of that. That’s 8 grand a month gross.

She was evicted and eventually left that house in 2017. Average rent in Clare at that time was 700 pcm.

On 8 grand per month gross, a rent of 700 (approx) would hardly be an issue.

Considering that she was earning and managing to raise a family on a much much lower income prior to the election. She could well afford to pay her debt off at a grand a month over 12 months.

DO THE RIGHT AND JUST THING VIOLET!

Her basic salary is 96,189. She can claim numerous expenses on top of that. That’s 8 grand a month gross.

She was evicted and eventually left that house in 2017. Average rent in Clare at that time was 700 pcm.

On 8 grand per month gross, a rent of 700 (approx) would hardly be an issue.

Considering that she was earning and managing to raise a family on a much much lower income prior to the election. She could well afford to pay her debt off at a grand a month over 12 months.

DO THE RIGHT AND JUST THING VIOLET!

Wait.

If SF rules are avg ind wage.

She' getting 40k?

One lot of you are saying she's getting avg ind wage. Won't lose out on giving the 8k

The other lot are sayng she's on 96k+ so she would have benifited from the 8k she gave back to the state

Which is it?

Wait.

She' getting 40k?

One lot of you are saying she's getting avg ind wage. Won't lose out on giving the 8k

The other lot are sayng she's on 96k+ so she would have benifited from the 8k she gave back to the state

Which is it?

A TDs salary is 96k. I don’t know what she does with that income (apart from not paying her debts).

What was yer woman called who ran in the presidential election? Didn’t she harp on about getting an industrial wage and it turned out what she was saying was bull****?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Wait.

She' getting 40k?

Which is it?
    I don’t know which but does it matter? She owes money, pay it back. Why does it have to be one lump sum. Pay it back by whatever she can. Like anybody else in the country would have to.

Advertisement