Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

blanch152 wrote: »
    I've just checked

https://www.clareecho.ie/clare-td-wynne-pays-rent-arrears-to-rri/

And it seems that the money has been paid back. However, it is too late for the charity. Her actions contributed to the charity going back.

The problem for the charity was FG pulling the funding.

Zulu wrote: »
    ...so after all the usual kicking up of dirt and whataboutry, she still hasn't repaid the stolen money.
    Amiright?

She has repaid the rental arrears. Correct.

Superfoods wrote: »
    Has Violet managed to pay any of the money back she robbed from the charity?

Yes, Rental arrears has been paid back

*like* *like* *like*

So should Barry Cowen be Minister for Agriculture then?

Man drink driving putting peoples lives in danger is comparable to a mother of 5 with a sick husband falling behind in rent.

Get off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

limnam wrote: »
    ...falling behind in rent.
    Lol. "It just slipped!!!!"

• Advertisement

Lol. "It just slipped!!!!"

Ah come on now Zulu, you were strutting around asking if it was repaid.

Now you're grasping :D

Great to see TD's making promises and sticking by them

Ah come on now Zulu, you were strutting around asking if it was repaid.

Now you're grasping :D

Great to see TD's making promises and sticking by them

I’d say she has only paid it back due to being a TD and now a public figure. If she got a job in the private sector on the same sort of salary, she wouldn’t have bothered.

She was shamed into it.

I’d say she has only paid it back due to being a TD and now a public figure. If she got a job in the private sector on the same sort of salary, she wouldn’t have bothered.

She was shamed into it.

She said she would pay it.

It was paid.

Great to see.

It was paid.

Great to see.

I agree it is great it’s paid. But don’t go over egging her reasons for doing so.

I agree it is great it’s paid. But don’t go over egging her reasons for doing so.

Only if you don't make assumptions for the same. :)

• Advertisement

True, no one is buying her (or your) bs.

Why wait?
    If she was serious, she could take out a loan and repay in full now.
    ...but thats never going to happen.

Oh but yes it did happen Zulu.

You should have a bit more faith in people

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It was paid.

Great to see.

Again, very clever language.

"She said she would pay it", creates the clear impression that any repayment of the rent would be and was paid by Violet-Anne.

"It was paid", not "she paid it". The use of the passive tense rather than the active tense, both in the newspaper article and then in your post raises the question again of who exactly paid it.

It is the type of language that we have seen from Sinn Fein, obfuscation and plausible deniability. If asked did she repay the money, Violet-Anne will say "it was paid", without clarifying whether she paid it or someone else (Northern Bank, anyone?) on her behalf.

I don't believe she paid that money back out of her own funds. I just don't. The language being used to describe what happened only strengthens that belief.

Again, very clever language.

"She said she would pay it", creates the clear impression that any repayment of the rent would be and was paid by Violet-Anne.

"It was paid", not "she paid it". The use of the passive tense rather than the active tense, both in the newspaper article and then in your post raises the question again of who exactly paid it.

It is the type of language that we have seen from Sinn Fein, obfuscation and plausible deniability. If asked did she repay the money, Violet-Anne will say "it was paid", without clarifying whether she paid it or someone else (Northern Bank, anyone?) on her behalf.

I don't believe she paid that money back out of her own funds. I just don't. The language being used to describe what happened only strengthens that belief.

Clutching at straws :pac:

The desperation is very telling.

Clutching at straws :pac:

Not at all.

The newspaper was very careful in its wording - it has the truth to protect, and libel laws. It used the passive tense to describe what happened - the money was paid - without ascribing it to Violet paying it.

So were you, the biggest defender of Violet-Anne on here.

The ambiguities are plain and clear to say. The money was paid. Whether she paid it or not from her own funds may be immaterial to you, but some of us look at things with an older more jaundiced eye and see the obfuscation and misdirection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Its the willingness to die in a ditch defending her on here that is most amusing. I have no idea why you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

SF lost the vast majority of their councillors in the last local elections, and had already had a large number of their former councillors quit due to claims they were being intimidated and bullied by senior party members.

So for the election they really had to scrape the bottom of the already murky and stagnant barrel to find candidates. Violet is an example of this.

Damage limitation is the name of the game for SF with morons like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭golfball37

SF lost the vast majority of their councillors in the last local elections, and had already had a large number of their former councillors quit due to claims they were being intimidated and bullied by senior party members.

So for the election they really had to scrape the bottom of the already murky and stagnant barrel to find candidates. Violet is an example of this.

Damage limitation is the name of the game for SF with morons like that.

Their vote is only going one way and that’s thanks to the two main parties who make someone like her electable. That’s the bigger issue here but it requires self examination, something we don’t do. We prefer to look down on others.

Its the willingness to die in a ditch defending her on here that is most amusing. I have no idea why you do it.

Somethings are more important. People driving behind the wheel of the car buckled. Putting other peoples lives in danger for example

It was called out she wouldn't pay back, she has.

Great to see.

Somethings are more important. People driving behind the wheel of the car buckled. Putting other peoples lives in danger for example

It was called out she wouldn't pay back, she has.

Great to see.

Paid back the money was, this we know.

Her contribution? This we don't know.

P.S. I didn't see mention of any interest paid

Paid back the money was, this we know.

Her contribution? This we don't know.

P.S. I didn't see mention of any interest paid

She said she would pay it back.

The rental arrears is now cleared.

Job done.

Great to see a TD making a promise and sticking to it.

We could do with a few more willing to do it.

Lets see if some can stay out of their car over the limit going forward.

• Advertisement

She said she would pay it back.

The rental arrears is now cleared.

Job done.

Great to see a TD making a promise and sticking to it.

We could do with a few more willing to do it.

Lets see if some can stay out of their car over the limit going forward.

The same ambiguity of language is being employed.

However, let's take you at face value. How did a woman who couldn't afford to pay here rent find 12k in two months? Either she had it all along (which makes her a liar) or someone gave her the money (who?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

However, let's take you at face value. How did a woman who couldn't afford to pay here rent find 12k in two months? Either she had it all along (which makes her a liar) or someone gave her the money (who?)

I wonder what the processes and procedures are f someone living in or leasing one of SF’s 50 properties fall behind on their rent?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Credit Union?

She would easily get a loan of 12k based on her current basic salary of €96,189.

Credit where credit is due, she said she would pay it back and she did.

Refreshing.

Boggles wrote: »
    Credit Union?

She would easily get a loan of 12k based on her current basic salary of €96,189.

Credit where credit is due, she said she would pay it back and she did.

Refreshing.

It was paid back, that is acknowledged.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It was paid back, that is acknowledged.

You asked a specific question.

I gave you an answer.

But credit where credit is due.

She could have easily let the story die down and not pay it back.

Agreed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I wonder what the processes and procedures are f someone living in or leasing one of SF’s 50 properties fall behind on their rent?

It's either knee capping or a beating. Can't remember which.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Yes, Rental arrears has been paid back

*like* *like* *like*

From what I remember about this case, was that charity that she ripped off not liquidated?

i.e. they don't exist anymore for them to be "paid back"

From what I remember about this case, was that charity that she ripped off not liquidated?

i.e. they don't exist anymore for them to be "paid back"

Yeah after FG pulled funding they went belly up.

FG pulled funding from a housing charity during a housing crisis. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Clearly the electorate didn't much care about the quality of candidate though.

• Advertisement

Yeah after FG pulled funding they went belly up.

FG pulled funding from a housing charity during a housing crisis. :pac:

Funding was provided on the basis that they would generate income from rental.

A tenant didn’t pay, the rental income wasn’t received, the funding was pulled.

Not the government’s fault, but that of the tenant who didn’t pay.

Advertisement