Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Field east

Bill 2.0 wrote: »
    His brain was the problem, apparently not his mickey.

This country is ****ed going into the future with people like this. Can't pay for **** all but they have more kids than anyone else and those kids will go on to repeat the same nonsense as their parents.

There are so many people sick. Just look at the trolly count, the waiting lists, the overflowing hospitals not to say those that are sick and not caught by the above figures there must be a massive amount of long outstanding rent. According to The Joe. Duffy Show , at least half the nation is sick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Field east wrote: »
    There are so many people sick. Just look at the trolly count, the waiting lists, the overflowing hospitals not to say those that are sick and not caught by the above figures there must be a massive amount of long outstanding rent. According to The Joe. Duffy Show , at least half the nation is sick

It's a disgrace Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

Field east wrote: »

Right,

But FG/FF TD's are on top of their rent.

Thats what you should care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

limnam wrote: »
    Right,

But FG/FF TD's are on top of their rent.

Thats what you should care about.

Kinda - For any TD personal responsibility should be paramount...in order to show leadership , good conduct etc...(insert any number of decent qualities)

I'd also have issue with a Trinity graduate living in social housing seems like a waster to me . She'll hardly be an asset to the Dail if she can't manage her own affairs.
    She'll be voting on the countries budget but can't manage a household...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bill 2.0

paw patrol wrote: »
    Kinda - For any TD personal responsibility should be paramount...in order to show leadership , good conduct etc...(insert any number of decent qualities)

I'd also have issue with a Trinity graduate living in social housing seems like a waster to me . She'll hardly be an asset to the Dail if she can't manage her own affairs.

"The Budget will be grand lads! Shurr, can't we all just club our dole money together to fix the deficit?"

• Advertisement

paw patrol wrote: »

So with FF/FG on top of their rents we have.

10k+ homeless

Record numbers of people on trollys

People trying to commit suicide been left on a trolly so long

Women dieing of cervical cancer with results been hidden.

25bn of interest added to our debt

Homeless people been paralyzed on the canals

lowest number of home ownership

I'd say it's handy enough for ff/fgTD's taking 100k in expenses while people fob in for them on top of thier 100k salaries.

But sure.

The real issue here is the mother of 5 who's husband was ill falling behind in rent.

The things people decide whats important when it suits them is really bizarre.

So with FF/FG on top of their rents we have.

10k+ homeless

Record numbers of people on trollys

People trying to commit suicide been left on a trolly so long

Women dieing of cervical cancer with results been hidden.

25bn of interest added to our debt

Homeless people been paralyzed on the canals

lowest number of home ownership

I'd say it's handy enough for ff/fgTD's taking 100k in expenses while people fob in for them on top of thier 100k salaries.

But sure.

The real issue here is the mother of 5 who's husband was ill falling behind in rent.

The things people decide whats important when it suits them is really bizarre.

You forgot about the cuts to education which are apparent by the shocking spelling and grammar in your post.

You forgot about the cuts to education which are apparent by the shocking spelling and grammar in your post.

Cracking response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

On her bio on SF site “She has three years' infantry training with the reserve defence forces” Who gives a toss, if this is considered something to offer a prospective voter by SF it says a lot.

You couldn’t make it up, her partners headaches were so bad he couldn’t work but had no issues getting it up.

I see now she wants to pay.

AmberGold wrote: »
    I see now there’s a bit of back peddling going on and she wants to pay.

Really.

When did she refuse to pay the back rent? I don't believe she did.

So people want her to pay it as she has 90k+ job

When she offers to do so she's back pedaling from something she didn't refuse in the first place

• Advertisement

Really.

Every week that she didn’t pay rent was a refusal to pay!

She wouldn't be offering to pay it if it hadn't come out in the media.

Every week that she didn’t pay rent was a refusal to pay!

The headline was that she's refusing to pay the back log as she now has a 90k+ job

So if the above is true with her new found wealth she is going to clear it.

Now we'll move on to things that matter I'm sure :rolleyes:

She wouldn't be offering to pay it if it hadn't come out in the media.

because FF/FG don't back pedal do they

hows Irish water getting on.

Hows the pension age doing

Hows pulling medical cards from the grannys going.

no no go back to woman falling behind on rent! the important things!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Really.

So people want her to pay it as she has 90k+ job

When she offers to do so she's back pedaling from something she didn't refuse in the first place

Pretty much every day since she got the house , up to and including the day of the court case where she got evicted five years later.
    “By the end of the first year the family had accumulated arrears of €1,763. By the end of year two, their arrears were €4,106. The last payment we received was €65 on August 2013. I believe this record speaks for itself

So , in their first 2 years in the house they managed to pay an average of €23 a week instead of the €63 they should have been paying , then they just stopped paying anything at all for another 3 years until they were evicted by the courts..

I'm sorry , but I don't care what your circumstances are , not paying ANYTHING for 3 years is a choice.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Pretty much every day since she got the house , up to and including the day of the court case where she got evicted five years later.

So , in their first 2 years in the house they managed to pay an average of €23 a week instead of the €63 they should have been paying , then they just stopped paying anything at all for another 3 years until they were evicted by the courts..

I'm sorry , but I don't care what your circumstances are , not paying ANYTHING for 3 years is a choice.

As I said the headline was now she's on 90k+ she's refusing to pay the 12k.

That doesn't seem to be true.

So lets wait and see if she clears it.

Because with the state the country is in, this is whats of highest importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,977 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Sinn Fein's version of the truth is often a long way off the reality. They keep peddling the myth that there is no property tax in the North. Not only is there a property tax, but it includes a charge for water. Water charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭gigantic09

I only wish she had an assault conviction, so we could call her violent Anne Wynne.

Sinn Fein ran their campaign based on the housing crisis and affordable housing. And here is their TD for Clare, who I’m sure mentioned housing numerous times on her own campaign trail but what she didn’t mention (and is the biggest sickener) is that she was denying a deserving family a chance of getting that house. A house that they would happily pay for all because she refused to pay and wouldn’t leave either till evicted by the courts.

She makes a mockery of what she campaigned for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

AmberGold wrote: »
    On her bio on SF site “She has three years' infantry training with the reserve defence forces” Who gives a toss, if this is considered something to offer a prospective voter by SF it says a lot.

You couldn’t make it up, her partners headaches were so bad he couldn’t work but had no issues getting it up.

I see now she wants to pay.

she may mean the other defence forces , ya know the only one recognised by her party , them lads that blow up children and shoot gardai

• Advertisement

Sinn Fein ran their campaign based on the housing crisis and affordable housing. And here is their TD for Clare, who I’m sure mentioned housing numerous times on her own campaign trail but what she didn’t mention (and is the biggest sickener) is that she was denying a deserving family a chance of getting that house. A house that they would happily pay for all because she refused to pay and wouldn’t leave either till evicted by the courts.

She makes a mockery of what she campaigned for.

Yep what would another homeless family impact the already 10k+

We could have swept them up in the canal and tried paralyzing the kids.

Only FG/FF would be happy to see a family with 5 kids and an ill father on the streets.

While they put 25bn of interest payments on to our kids.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Do you honestly believe that if she'd gotten any other kind of job paying 90k (or any amount frankly) that didn't come with public media scrutiny that she'd be offering to pay back anything?

Whether she pays it back now it back after media pressure is utterly irrelevant - It's the fact that she lived in a house for 5 years and at no point during that time did she pay her way and it took a court appearance to get her out after she refused to pay a penny for 3 years.

As a Clare resident , I didn't even know the name of the SF candidate prior to walking into the polling station- There were no posters up for her , all the SF posters were Mary Lou McDonald and a rather weird "Proclamation" style poster about how a vote for SF was a vote for a United Ireland.

Everybody now knows who she is - I highly doubt she'd top the poll in the next election , whenever that might be.

Do you honestly believe that if she'd gotten any other kind of job paying 90k (or any amount frankly) that didn't come with public media scrutiny that she'd be offering to pay back anything?

Whether she pays it back now it back after media pressure is utterly irrelevant - It's the fact that she lived in a house for 5 years and at no point during that time did she pay her way and it took a court appearance to get her out after she refused to pay a penny for 3 years.

As a Clare resident , I didn't even know the name of the SF candidate prior to walking into the polling station- There were no posters up for her , all the SF posters were Mary Lou McDonald and a rather weird "Proclamation" style poster about how a vote for SF was a vote for a United Ireland.

Everybody now knows who she is - I highly doubt she'd top the poll in the next election , whenever that might be.

I don;t know anything about the woman or the circumstances she found herself in.

All I know is she fell behind, she now will have the means to clear and will clear it.

When you see TD's swindling 100k's in expenses. Women dieing due to cervical cancer scandals etc.

Compared to the real problems in this country. A woman with 5 kids and sick husband falling into arrears is a non issue

Yep what would another homeless family impact the already 10k+

We could have swept them up in the canal and tried paralyzing the kids.

Only FG/FF would be happy to see a family with 5 kids and an ill father on the streets.

While they put 25bn of interest payments on to our kids.

But she could afford the rent. She chose not to pay it! The rent would have been calculated on the families income.

How much exactly is this affordable housing figure that SF campaigned for? Welfare rates all over the country are exactly the same but rent isn’t. Should a landlord in Dublin be ordered to charge less than 63 euro a week (seeing as it wasn’t affordable) for a 3 bed semi if the tenant goes on welfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Dublin City Council charges less than €63 per week.

I don;t know anything about the woman or the circumstances she found herself in.

All I know is she fell behind, she now will have the means to clear and will clear it.

When you see TD's swindling 100k's in expenses. Women dieing due to cervical cancer scandals etc.

Compared to the real problems in this country. A woman with 5 kids and sick husband falling into arrears is a non issue

She didn't "fall into arrears" nor did she have 5 kids when it started , she refused to pay ANYTHING for 3 years. and continued to have multiple Children throughout that period.

"Circumstances" don't make you refuse to pay even a single euro in rent for over three years.

She made a CHOICE to not pay her rent because she reckoned she could get away with it.

But she could afford the rent. She chose not to pay it! The rent would have been calculated on the families income.

How much exactly is this affordable housing figure that SF campaigned for? Welfare rates all over the country are exactly the same but rent isn’t. Should a landlord in Dublin be ordered to charge less than 63 euro a week (seeing as it wasn’t affordable) for a 3 bed semi if the tenant goes on welfare?

I don't know if she could afford it.

Not sure if you have kids or not. But I couldn't raise 5 kids on what the states provide nor will I try to assume it.

The good news is now she has the money to pay the arrears she's going to clear it.

Pitty FF/FG can't undo some of theirs.

vriesmays wrote: »
    Dublin City Council charges less than €63 per week.

Which begs the question why she decided to move then?

She hasn’t got the money yet. Don’t think her salary and 31k travel allowance is paid upfront.

• Advertisement

She didn't "fall into arrears" nor did she have 5 kids when it started , she refused to pay ANYTHING for 3 years. and continued to have multiple Children throughout that period.

"Circumstances" don't make you refuse to pay even a single euro in rent for over three years.

She made a CHOICE to not pay her rent because she reckoned she could get away with it.

In that post.

TD's swindling thousands in expenses.

Women dieing due to cervical cancer scandal.

Yet you want to keep on about a woman with 5 kids and a sick husband falling behind.

Very strange.

Advertisement