Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Is Violet a bit of a ‘Howya’?

Well, it would be fair to say that it would take a particular type of individual to steal from a charity trying to help homeless people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Well, it would be fair to say that it would take a particular type of individual to steal from a charity trying to help homeless people

Maybe if there was decent housing policies she wouldn't have had to go to a charity to be housed in the first place?

Anyway, not sure how that related to a "howya"

limnam wrote: »
    Maybe if there was decent housing policies she wouldn't have had to go to a charity to be housed in the first place?

Anyway, not sure how that related to a "howya"

Or maybe if someone decided to get a job rather than sit on their hole and wait for "policies" to hand them everything then they wouldn't feel the need to scam a charity which should haven been able to use it assets to help people who genuinely need help rather than the lazy people who engineer their own dependency.

Or maybe if someone decided to get a job rather than sit on their hole and wait for "policies" to hand them everything then they wouldn't feel the need to scam a charity which should haven been able to use it assets to help people who genuinely need help rather than the lazy people who engineer their own dependency.

She went out and got one and people started throwing dirt at her for doing it.

:)

She went out and got one and people started throwing dirt at her for doing it.

:)

Well, lets see whether she keeps that "job" after the next election.

Might be back to the scratcher and scamming for the bould Violet.

• Advertisement

Or she may continue to surprise :)

Or she may continue to surprise :)

Possibly. You could be right - there might be a few more skeletons in there to come out later on. Maybe she scammed even more charities. Who knows!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

I’m no fan of sf or violet for that matter but clare Fm are giving her plenty airtime and to ordinary punter she’s goes the populist route for to give answers and get her vote .
    I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t keep that seat .

Possibly. You could be right - there might be a few more skeletons in there to come out later on. Maybe she scammed even more charities. Who knows!

Hopefully FG won't be the reason of anymore of them going tits up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It's not a standard.

It's just very rare for a TD to follow through on a promise. No one here thought she would. She did.

Some credit is due. Doesn't mean she's going to be a great TD or that even given the opportunity I'd vote for her.

Credit where it's due.

Load of nonsense. TDs keep promises and do things for people all the time.

They tend not to need to steal from charities to do it.

• Advertisement

Load of nonsense. TDs keep promises and do things for people all the time.

They tend not to need to steal from charities to do it.

There's plenty of types alright.

Some go knacker drinking in a park during a pandemic.
    Some give their buddies 100k's to start "businesses"
    Some get behind of the wheel of a car fueled with alcohol and put peoples lives at risk.
    Some are responsible for the deaths of young women
    Some try to put a roof over their 5 kids head with a sick husband.

Tough choices.

Some try to put a roof over their 5 kids head with a sick husband.

You're a gas man.

Sure Charlie Haughey was only trying to put a roof over his kids houses as well. Fair play to him :pac:

Do I seem to remember something about the husband/partner having been done for drugs? Is he actually her husband? Would that impinge on the oul' single parent benefit if so?

Do I seem to remember something about the husband/partner having been done for drugs? Is he actually her husband? Would that impinge on the oul' single parent benefit if so?

I think there was something about a personal amount alright.

No worse than Leo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭golfball37

Might be. She’s in the biggest scam house in the country at the moment. Senators paid 8k in unvouched expenses for April and May when the house was closed is as big an outrage than Vaw paying back the money to the wrong charity. I doubt any of the scammers in suits will repay us this money? There are SF senators in there too before you get high and mighty about it.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Might be. She’s in the biggest scam house in the country at the moment. Senators paid 8k in unvouched expenses for April and May when the house was closed is as big an outrage than Vaw paying back the money to the wrong charity. I doubt any of the scammers in suits will repay us this money? There are SF senators in there too before you get high and mighty about it.

Anyone for the last of the ink cartridges there? Going cheap. 5 for 50. Get your printer cartridges. :pac:

Anyone for the last of the ink cartridges there? Going cheap. 5 for 50. Get your printer cartridges. :pac:

Disappointed in myself I rose to a troll. Well played

golfball37 wrote: »
    Disappointed in myself I rose to a troll. Well played

Ah sure you can't win 'em all. It's late and people slip when they are tired. Don't be too hard on yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So your opinion....

I’d say she has only paid it back due to being a TD and now a public figure. If she got a job in the private sector on the same sort of salary, she wouldn’t have bothered.

She was shamed into it.

Is now fact?
    I agree it is great it’s paid. But don’t go over 0egging her reasons for doing so.

Japers....
    Be careful the FG chaps will be along to give out about a woman be picked on by men (always men).

I think there was something about a personal amount alright.

No worse than Leo :)

I suppose that the difference would be that Leo admitted he had done it in the past but said that he had not done it since entering politics and that he wouldn't recommend it for anyone else - mentioning its links to schizophrenia.

Whereas VAW supported her husbands/partner's on going use of an illegal substance.

I suppose that the difference would be that Leo admitted he had done it in the past but said that he had not done it since entering politics and that he wouldn't recommend it for anyone else - mentioning its links to schizophrenia.

Whereas VAW supported her husbands/partner's on going use of an illegal substance.

Ah, so we forgive Leo. but not VAW?

I get it.

• Advertisement

Ah, so we forgive Leo. but not VAW?

I get it.

Would you not think that it is more difficult to forgive someone who persists in continuing to do the same thing, no?

I mean you might forgive Violet for scamming the charity in the past. But you might be less likely to say "it's grand" if she is continually coming up with new scams to rip off other charities on a daily basis. No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Violet Anne belongs in the unusual people you fancy thread

Would you not think that it is more difficult to forgive someone who persists in continuing to do the same thing, no?

I don't know her to be a drug user and afaik she's paying her rent.

What's she continuing to do exactly?

Seems like it's one rule for the leader who was knacker drinking in a park during a pandemic and one for her.

But you might be less likely to say "it's grand" if she is continually coming up with new scams to rip off other charities on a daily basis. No?

I'm not aware of her doing any continuing "scams". Are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Superfoods

Seems like it's one rule for the leader who was knacker drinking in a park during a pandemic and one for her.

Seriously?

You are trying to compare someone having spending their day off with friends in a public park with a scumbag who robs from a charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

SF silent anyway on this. Nice as usual, But hey, SF cannot be reprimanded because they are all the same. Is that right?

Superfoods wrote: »
    Seriously?

You are trying to compare someone having spending their day off with friends in a public park with a scumbag who robs from a charity?

Leave Angela Kerins out of this

https://extra.ie/2020/02/16/news/politics/violet-anne-wynne-rent-charity

Article from 16th February 2020

‘My circumstances have changed now obviously. But at the time of the arrears, my partner was very ill with hemiplegic migraine, which leads to symptoms like those suffered by people having a stroke. He was out of work as a result and we also had a sick child too. We were travelling back and forth to Limerick every day with him to the hospital. It was a very difficult time for us but thankfully our circumstances have changed.’ In a response to questions from the Irish Mail on Sunday yesterday, Ms Wynne said: ‘I know of two families that left RRI housing which was subsequently filled by another two families,’ she said.

Less than three weeks later, on 6th March 2020, when defending her partners on-going illegal cannabis use - a quote from another article: https://clarechampion.ie/wynne-defends-partners-cannabis-oil-use-for-epilepsy/

“He doesn’t have any medical experience, just his own personal experience of his condition. For him it stopped his fits for two years. Prior to this every medicine he was given caused some health problems. One, for instance, was allowing fluid to build up on his organs so he had to go on to diuretics to release the fluid, you can’t have fluid on your organs, it inhibits them from being able to function properly, so that was a huge difficulty. Others seemed to be affecting his thought processes and his mental health, so that was a different kettle of fish altogether.”
    She said that the use of conventional medication was actually making things worse rather than better. “It was difficult because his original diagnosis was hemiplegic migraine but then with all the medicine they were trying he ended up having seizures and epileptic fits so the neurologist changed the diagnosis from that to epilepsy and that’s where it became even more difficult to medicate. A lot of the medications were bringing on more epileptic fits.”

It's a bit mad that the thought less than three weeks earlier that his diagnosis was this migraine when it turned out that he'd been using the cannabis for 2 years because he had epilepsy.

Tune in next week when an unnamed TD defends her partner being caught in the future for shoplifting in the local off-licence when it turns out that he had been diagnosed with involuntary kleptomania after being previously misdiagnosed with epilepsy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I'm not aware of her doing any continuing "scams". Are you?

We still don’t know who paid back the charity. We know the money was paid, but Violet didn’t have it. If she did, why wasn’t it paid back years ago?

https://extra.ie/2020/02/16/news/politics/violet-anne-wynne-rent-charity

Article from 16th February 2020

Less than three weeks later, on 6th March 2020, when defending her partners on-going illegal cannabis use - a quote from another article: https://clarechampion.ie/wynne-defends-partners-cannabis-oil-use-for-epilepsy/

It's a bit mad that the thought less than three weeks earlier that his diagnosis was this migraine when it turned out that he'd been using the cannabis for 2 years because he had epilepsy.

Tune in next week when an unnamed TD defends her partner being caught in the future for shoplifting in the local off-licence when it turns out that he had been diagnosed with involuntary kleptomania after being previously misdiagnosed with epilepsy :pac:

so unlike Leo, she didn't take any drugs.

But her husband did the same as Leo. Take drugs.

But you want to try and use that against VAW when she wasn't the one taking the drugs? But Leo was taking drugs. But he's OK because he admitted it even though she didn't take any ?

My understanding is the oil has the THC removed from it
    Would be a strange thing for people to take who just wanted to get stoned.

Anyway. All desperate nonsense.

She didn't take drugs. Leo did. Funny suggesting she's a "howaya" when it was Leo knacker drinking in the park. During a pandemic.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    We still don’t know who paid back the charity. We know the money was paid, but Violet didn’t have it. If she did, why wasn’t it paid back years ago?

She's taking home about 5k+ a month before all the expenses etc.

Would it take that long to get up 12k ?

Advertisement