Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

blanch152 wrote: »
    Our new TD from Clare has a strange history and stranger views it seems.

Firstly, it seems that she is a former anti-vaxxer.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/they-dont-reflect-my-current-view-or-sinn-fein-policy-td-retracts-controversial-hpv-comments-38954563.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/sinn-fein-td-made-attack-on-the-hpv-vaccine-38952559.html

"On Facebook, she compared the dangers posed by the "ingredients" in vaccinations to changing where you buy coffee.

The first-time TD also said the compulsory vaccination of children, which was introduced in Italy, was "medical tyranny""

Mad conspiracy theory stuff from her. She has now retracted it, but as in the case of the SF MEP who had similar mad views, will she refuse to confirm whether her own children have been vaccinated? This type of dangerous nonsense from any of our public representatives just shouldn't happen.

And then there is her history of paying (or rather not paying) rent.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5096652/sinn-fein-violet-anne-wynne-charity-rent-arrears/

When I saw the headline, I was thinking that maybe she was refusing on principle to pay €3,000 a month to some vulture fund. Not at all. She owes €12k to a charity, yes a charity that subsequently went bust due to lack of funding. €63 a week for four years is what she refused to pay!!

This isn't someone without an education surviving on the breadline - she has a degree in psychology. Am I the only one to think that the people of Clare were mad to elect her a TD?

There is a view out there that Sinn Fein are the party of the entitlement class who want everything for nothing and someone else to pay for it. It seems that at least one of their TDs is trying to show the way that can be done.

And what did Eoin O'Broin do this morning when he was asked about it? Attacked the journalist and the newspaper. Shooting the messenger and whataboutery seem to be the standard defence of "new politics".

I am sure that there will be more to come out about this woman but Sinn Fein have shown a strange inability to be out in front of these stories in the last few days.

Well ....at least it proves she will tell landlords to go **** themselves. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

limnam wrote: »
    In that post.

TD's swindling thousands in expenses.

Women dieing due to cervical cancer scandal.

Yet you want to keep on about a woman with 5 kids and a sick husband falling behind.

Very strange.

Lots of people complain about politicians of all parties. And if they are in government, they have sometimes been forced to resign. If SF got into power, I fear there are too many like you who just follow the party line slavishly. And are willing to excuse anything, even up to murder, if the perpetrators are Good Republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

Lots of people complain about politicians of all parties. And if they are in government, they have sometimes been forced to resign. If SF got into power, I fear there are too many like you who just follow the party line slavishly. And are willing to excuse anything, even up to murder, if the perpetrators are Good Republicans.

Well FF voters forgave them telling people to go kill themselves while bankrupting the country causing suicides left right and center.

FG voters forgave simon harris from hiding cervical cancer results causing the deaths of many women.

I guess in general we're a forgiven nation.

Unless you're a woman with a sick husband with 5 kids falling behind on your rent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

blanch152 wrote: »
    He partner is named as John Montaine.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3414950/judge-fines-epileptic-clare-man-36-who-lost-his-teeth-due-to-seizures-e100-for-possessing-cannabis-which-stopped-his-convulsions/

He wouldn't be the same John Montaine in this article who appears to believe in quackery cures, would he?

CBD ,cannibas, oil has been shown to benefit epilepsy and leg Tremors. THC, the stuff that gets you high I'm not so sure :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

In that post.

TD's swindling thousands in expenses.

Women dieing due to cervical cancer scandal.

Yet you want to keep on about a woman with 5 kids and a sick husband falling behind.

Very strange.

That's whataboutery - Other people doing bad things doesn't make your bad things any less bad.

All of the things you mention above are bad and those involved should reap the impact.

But SF campaigned on being different , on being the ones able to resolve Healthcare and Housing.

Now , one of their newly elected TD's has been exposed as being the worst possible example of "entitled scrounger"and of having milked the state for thousands and refusing to pay anything towards the house she was given up to and including forcing a Charity to take her to court to get her out of the house she wouldn't pay for.

That's what's being discussed here.

• Advertisement

Well FF voters forgave them telling people to go kill themselves while bankrupting the country causing suicides left right and center.

FG voters forgave simon harris from hiding cervical cancer results causing the deaths of many women.

I guess in general we're a forgiven nation.

Unless you're a woman with a sick husband with 5 kids falling behind on your rent

You pointed that out before. But why do you not include Sinn Fein politicians in your condemnations when they get in the news for bad things?

cjmc wrote: »
    CBD ,cannibas, oil has been shown to benefit epilepsy and leg Tremors. THC, the stuff that gets you high I'm not so sure :)

Wonder what diagnosis Leo was trying to cure during his drug taking days.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bill 2.0

Can't afford to pay a pittance in rent for years on end but can apparently afford to keep popping out sprogs.

You pointed that out before. But why do you not include Sinn Fein politicians in your condemnations when they get in the news for bad things?

I'd love for people to be discussing SF's "bad" things.

Not some guy in a pub saying "up the ra" or equivalent.

This is the part i don't get.

SF been so weak with so many weak td's and a weak manifesto why there's morons going around talking about this nonsense.

Have at them, for _real_ problems. Not this tabloid rubbish.

Bill 2.0 wrote: »
    Can't afford to pay a pittance in rent for years on end but can apparently afford to keep popping out sprogs.

like like like like like.

• Advertisement

SF been so weak with so many weak td's and a weak manifesto why there's morons going around talking about this nonsense.

The media have a go at them all. You can research how Phil Hogan was treated in the media. The fascist element of parties like Sinn Fein comes out when their supporters insist that there must be no bad news in the press about them.

If you keep going with the “they did it too” stance then it’s fair to say that the newly elected SF TDs will also claim 100k+ expenses.

Just saying.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

We are discussing "SF Bad Things" , but you are whatabouting to beat the band.

A SF TD got given a house by a charity and then proceeded to refuse to pay rent on that property for almost 6 years all while continuing to have more children and managing to pay all her other household bills.

The evidence given during the court case to evict her showed that the ONLY bill she wasn't paying was rent.

So why was Rent the only thing she couldn't pay?

Was it because it was the one she reckoned she could get away with the longest??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fiona_b

Literally this. fl4gg

fiona_b wrote: »
    Literally this. fl4gg

I’m viewing on touch site. Does that flag keep changing? :D

I’m viewing on touch site. Does that flag keep changing? :D

It will stop when it hits North Korea.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    We are discussing "SF Bad Things" , but you are whatabouting to beat the band.

A SF TD got given a house by a charity and then proceeded to refuse to pay rent on that property for almost 6 years all while continuing to have more children and managing to pay all her other household bills.

The evidence given during the court case to evict her showed that the ONLY bill she wasn't paying was rent.

So why was Rent the only thing she couldn't pay?

Was it because it was the one she reckoned she could get away with the longest??

As I said. I don't know.

But if I was in a situation of keeping power on food on the table etc I'd probably choose the same option.

Saying all that we don't know much about what went on in communications between the two on the lead up as it mentioned a "falling" out. e.g was there offers made and declined etc we don't know

What we know is now she can afford to clear the arrears she's doing it.

Will we see a repayment of falsely claimed expenses costing the state hundreds of thousands?

No we won't.

I know who'd Id rather support.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Every week that she didn’t pay rent was a refusal to pay!

Ah stop....cant believe someone said she did not refuse to pay.

Is that post gone how?

I think she didnt pay from the get go..

Free houses for all.

Youd have to fear for the future of this Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I suspect he's still smoking 'something' given he thinks FG are doing a good job

anewme wrote: »
    Ah stop....cant believe someone said she did not refuse to pay. I think she didnt psy from the get go..

Free houses for all.

Youd have to fear for the future of this Country.

Part of the housing problem is people who can afford to repay their loans, refusing to do so. And sitting there for years, safe in the knowledge that if the courts do shift them eventually, there will be anti eviction activists along to keep them in their house.

Those houses could be given to homeless families, and the defaulters could trade down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Where did she move to after being evicted from the house ? Would imagine it would be difficult to get a reference for new lease with history of not paying rent

Part of the housing problem is people who can afford to repay their loans, refusing to do so. And sitting there for years, safe in the knowledge that if the courts do shift them eventually, there will be anti eviction activists along to keep them in their house.

Those houses could be given to homeless families, and the defaulters could trade down.

She was definitely taking the p.

63 per week to a housing charity and she didn't pay and she knew right well what she was at.

Youd have to wonder who voted for this woman.?

Absolutely - A significant part of helping to resolve the housing crisis would be quicker evictions and repossessions.

When you have people not paying anything for years and years holding on to a house that could either be back into the social housing pool or back on the purchase market that is a huge problem.

It significantly reduces the available stock of houses for everyone and drives up the cost of the ones that are available.

I totally understand getting in to financial difficulties, but refusing to hand over even a fiver every now and then smacks of a tactical decision based on the fact that people know that it will take years to get you out of that house whereas your car/phone/tv etc. will be repossessed or service cut off after only a few weeks/months.

Pay SOMETHING to at least show that you are interested in making progress..

frillyleaf wrote: »
    Where did she move to after being evicted from the house ? Would imagine it would be difficult to get a reference for new lease with history of not paying rent

Probably social housing. Don't need any references for that so any description of shyster can get it if they pass the means testing.

Youd have to wonder who voted for this woman.?

People who want "change", apparently.

Some nut cases voted for a man who is responsible for the deaths of young women.

Some for a woman who used an ex FF TD who had information on his cousin abusing the man he was knocking on the door of.

I guess when you weigh up the options there. They probably thought woman with 5 kids and an ill husband trying to survive was the better option.

Has her twitter handle always been private?

@violetwynne

Who haven't a clue who she is and just followed "vote SF'.

Its embarrassing.

Who haven't a clue who she is and just followed "vote SF'.

Its embarrassing.

It's embarrassing that the current lot were so bad that people thought this was a better option.

• Advertisement

I guess when you weigh up the options there. They probably thought woman with 5 kids and an ill husband trying to survive was the better option.

She had 3 kids when she got the house. If she couldn't pay then (which she wasnt) why have two more kids and expect someone else to pay for them?

Advertisement