Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

limnam wrote: »
    It's embarrassing that the current lot were so bad that people thought this was a better option.

I said previously there were limited choices.

I didn't vote any of them.

It can get worse though, between the tiocfaudh ar la and up the Ra idiots and the calibre of this candidate, it can definitely get a lot worse. The quality of candidates is terrible.

Would people seriously want someone who refused to pay a charity representing them.?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bill 2.0

anewme wrote: »
    She had 3 kids when she got the house. If she couldn't pay then (which she wasnt) why have two more kids and expect someone else to pay for them?

Shure, why not?

It's not like there are any real consequences to making an absolute bollix of your life in this country. Those of us trying to live an honest life are the real ejjits.

The only thing keeping me here is my family and the obscene amount of money I earn doing a fairly trivial job. Once my parents pass on and I have a decent few bob squirreled away then I'm gone and the rest of ye can keep paying for this debacle.

It's only going to get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

She had 3 kids when she got the house. If she couldn't pay then (which she wasnt) why have two more kids and expect someone else to pay for them?

I was saying that the options are not great

We have TD's who is responsible for deaths of young women.

We had FF td's using ex FF td to canvas on doors of people his cousin had sexually abused.

So if we look at a woman trying to survive with a sick husband compared to whats on offer

I'd definitely be a lot quicker to question the minds of a person who voted for the other two

Bill 2.0 wrote: »
    Shure, why not?

It's not like there are any real consequences to making an absolute bollix of your life in this country. Those of us trying to live an honest life are the real ejjits.

The only thing keeping me here is my family and the obscene amount of money I earn doing a fairly trivial job. Once my parents pass on and I have a decent few bob squirreled away then I'm gone and the rest of ye can keep paying for this debacle.

It's only going to get worse.

Or making a bllx of a country

throwing an extra 26bn of debt on the next generation. grand job

Cause the deaths of young women. grand job

claim hundreds of thousands of tax payers money. grand job

If we make everyone pay for their mistakes and not just that of a young mother trying to survive with 5 kids we'll be in a better place all round

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just like Maria Bailey acted as a lightening rod and put a renewed focus on issues in the insurance industry

This should do the same for social housing

I genuinely don't understand why she had two more kids with a "sick" husband and unable to afford rent. Many around the country are unable to contemplate more children as they feel they can't afford it

• Advertisement

Or making a bllx of a country

throwing an extra 26bn of debt on the next generation. grand job

Cause the deaths of young women. grand job

claim hundreds of thousands of tax payers money. grand job

If we make everyone pay for their mistakes and not just that of a young mother trying to survive with 5 kids we'll be in a better place all round

3rd ranked country on the HDI. Won't stay that way for long with the likes of this one getting elected mind you.

You should really stop posting her sob story. No one here cares about it. That sort of stuff is for bringing up in court as an excuse for why you defrauded a charity of thousands of euro.

I was saying that the options are not great

We have TD's who is responsible for deaths of young women.

We had FF td's using ex FF td to canvas on doors of people his cousin had sexually abused.

So if we look at a woman trying to survive with a sick husband compared to whats on offer

I'd definitely be a lot quicker to question the minds of a person who voted for the other two

The TD's did not murder anyone, or abuse them.

This woman milked the system. Plenty of families are struck by illness and keep a roof over their head. It's called personal responsibility and this woman had none. If her husband was ill and they couldn't pay, why have two more children. ? Its freeloading on those who pay.

The TD's did not murder anyone, or abuse them.

This woman milked the system. Plenty of families are struck by illness and keep a roof over their head. It's called personal responsibility and this woman had none. If her husband was ill and they couldn't pay, why have two more children. ? Its freeloading on those who pay.

The held back information that prevented the abuser been arrested.

Which meant he could go one to abuse more.

If yo're ok with that. Grand job

Would people seriously want someone who refused to pay a charity representing them.?

I imagine most people voting for her had no idea about the payments.

It looks like a lot of SF votes was to get SF to have the likes of EOB/PD etc into government.

There's plenty of FG/FF gob****es that get in because they run under the banner of the party.

Now that it's out I don't think people seem to give a fck. At least not people who voted SF. They see problems that they think SF can fix and they want to give them a lash off it.

some guy in a pub shouting up the ra or someone who's got in trouble with arrears is not really going to have much of an impact on that IMO.

As I've said a number of times

with so many weak td's a weak manifesto people should be able to pick this apart without going on like a moron shouting about some guy in a pub.

It's embarrassing that the current lot were so bad that people thought this was a better option.

What’s really embarrassing is that the people who voted for them didn’t do their own research.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Im a Clare native and only heard about her in the last few weeks.

What’s really embarrassing is that the people who voted for them didn’t do their own research.

Not really.

How much research does the average voter do?

We're talking about a country where more thought goes into booking a holiday than taking out a mortgage.

If you want SF in you're going to vote the party regardless.

Maybe they did so some research and didn't think it was much of a big deal compared to some of the corruption that goes on anyway.

I do believe the people who voted SF because they wanted "change' would have a problem with this woman.

I also believe they would have a problem with the Tiocfaidh ar la crowd.

And the Holohon idiot in Tallaght.

If there is another GE, their support might not continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Seemingly the locals from West Clare didn't really vote for her, it was all the east Clare vote that got her in.

The charity that helped and accommodated her was brilliant, I knew who ran it, she really broke their hearts. Shameful.

Never a fan of Sinn Féin, but when you get local candidates like that elected it would really make your blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,075 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Seemingly the locals from West Clare didn't really vote for her, it was all the east Clare vote that got her in.

The charity that helped and accommodated her was brilliant, I knew who ran it, she really broke their hearts. Shameful.

Never a fan of Sinn Féin, but when you get local candidates like that elected it would really make your blood boil.

But what about FF and FG and all the bad things they did???

JCX BXC wrote: »

Genuinely very sorry to read that. I hope they are ok.

Hate to see genuine good people exploited.

She is taking from a genuinely needy family.

I guess north clare didn't have great options

Timmy Dooley

A senior Fianna Fáil TD ‘voted’ in the Dáil six times in one day despite not being present in the chamber. Timmy Dooley is recorded as having taken part in a string of votes on Thursday – but video recordings show he was not in his Dáil seat at the time.

Paul Daniels. It's magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,164 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Has her twitter handle always been private?

@violetwynne

Pending :)

Timmy Dooley

A senior Fianna Fáil TD ‘voted’ in the Dáil six times in one day despite not being present in the chamber. Timmy Dooley is recorded as having taken part in a string of votes on Thursday – but video recordings show he was not in his Dáil seat at the time.

It obviously goes to show that decent people willing to stand for SF are very thin on the ground. If there is another election, what sort of people are we going to get when they need to put up 80 for election? This one in Clare is far from the only dodgy character in their ranks.

It obviously goes to show that decent people willing to stand for SF are very thin on the ground. If there is another election, what sort of people are we going to get when they need to put up 80 for election? This one in Clare is far from the only dodgy character in their ranks.

With the likes of Tim Dooley pulling of magic tricks in the dial fooling the people of clare. SF may not be the only ones.

• Advertisement

Timmy Dooley

Oh I had experience of that Dooley guy before (and before the voting thing) he is really dreadful.

Nice to see SF supporters bringing the "them 'uns did stuff wrong so you can't critise us!" attitude down from the North.

Bill 2.0 wrote: »
    Nice to see SF supporters bringing the "them 'uns did stuff wrong so you can't critise us!" attitude down from the North.

1. Not a SF supporter.

2. I'd love you to critique SF on something worthwhile.

I actually can't wait for a real discussion around an important topic.

Not to hear about people in pubs, lads wearing irish flags etc

I won't hold my breath

1. Not a SF supporter.

2. I'd love you to critique SF on something worthwhile.

I actually can't wait for a real discussion around an important topic.

Not to hear about people in pubs, lads wearing irish flags etc

I won't hold my breath

Bringing it back to the subject of the thread, what are Violet-Anne's policies on the important topic of the housing crisis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Calhoun wrote: »
    ah good old whataboutery, anyone can do what they like when they like and nobody is responsible for their actions as we always have someone who has done something worse.

Maybe stick to her and leave the husband out of it? Other comments here on him would bring buckets of faux outrage were it the partner of a FG or FF politician. The point is this is a spring board for SF bashing which is cool, but let's not fool ourselves and play the high morals while taking the piss out of her husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

They’re clearly cleansing the twitter account and gone private beforehand. Hopefully someone was good enough to pull down her tweets before they went, one wonders what other gems she’s trying to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I don't know if she could afford it.

Not sure if you have kids or not. But I couldn't raise 5 kids on what the states provide nor will I try to assume it.

The good news is now she has the money to pay the arrears she's going to clear it.

Pitty FF/FG can't undo some of theirs.

And where's that coming from?

You guessed it.. Johnny taxpayer. Nice "work" if you can get it.

If there's an election in 6 wks and she's not returned, will she still be as willing to pay it off?

Bringing it back to the subject of the thread, what are Violet-Anne's policies on the important topic of the housing crisis?

No idea,

Send her an email.

But going back to the options they had in north clare

Martin Conway FG. Missed more than half of Oireachtas committee meetings. Biggest housing crisis and this guy doesn't turn up for half of them.

With the caliber of TD in Clare is it any surprise she got in?

Two lads pulling down huge wages and don't turn up to work.

sligojoek wrote: »
    And where's that coming from?

You guessed it.. Johnny taxpayer. Nice "work" if you can get it.

If there's an election in 6 wks and she's not returned, will she still be as willing to pay it off?

huh

She is a tax payer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Advertisement