Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New alarm required, suggestions?

Options
  • 14-02-2020 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭

have a 15 years old Astec home alarm. No monitoring, dialer, or smart features so a bit past its sell by date.

It has thrown up a few false alarms recently on some window contacts, and I believe replacement sensors are no longer available.

So either I can find someone to keep it up and running , or look to replace it with something more up to date?

Given that it is 15 years since I last looked at this can anyone recommend a good home alarm that strikes a good balance between affordability and reliability, and is well supported?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

have a 15 years old Astec home alarm. No monitoring, dialer, or smart features so a bit past its sell by date.

It has thrown up a few false alarms recently on some window contacts, and I believe replacement sensors are no longer available.

So either I can find someone to keep it up and running , or look to replace it with something more up to date?

Given that it is 15 years since I last looked at this can anyone recommend a good home alarm that strikes a good balance between affordability and reliability, and is well supported?

Many thanks.

Global sensors can be used to replace sensors on this system.
    The problem occurs when external, internal bell panel or keypad becomes faulty as these are obsolete.

Plenty of threads on here re new system.

Advertisement