If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43" TV

Options
  • 14-02-2020 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,

Am looking for another 43" tv and would you be able to help out to figure out the which tv is the best.

01. Samsung UE43RU7410 (White)
    02. Philips 43PUS6754

Thank you.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

LionKing7 wrote: »
    Hi,

Am looking for another 43" tv and would you be able to help out to figure out the which tv is the best.

01. Samsung UE43RU7410 (White)
    02. Philips 43PUS6754

Thank you.
    Hi LionKing7.

Not a simple thing to answer.

The Philips has the better panel using 10bit (8Bit+2FRC) the 7410 only 8 Bit.
    However the Samsung is Edge lit to the direct lite on the Philips.
    The Philips has micro dimming
    The Samsung has the better Smart Hub
    The Philips has its Ambi Light which really is a great selling point.

I know this most likely doesn't help decide very much. 

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LionKing7

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply.

Does Samsung comes with smart remote (sorry don't know the name of it. But saw a silver color remote with samsung).

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply.

Does Samsung comes with smart remote (sorry don't know the name of it. But saw a silver color remote with samsung).
    Hey LionKing7.

The Samsung comes with a kind of Smart remote. Its a white remote that comes with this set.

I did a quick stock check as I noticed the Samsung was not our our .ie website and it is now listed as "LAST FEW TO CLEAR" on our .co.uk site.
    The only one we would have left would be a clearance one which is priced at £349 to clear.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13891-samsung-ue43ru7410-clearance-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app-14-day-customer-return.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LionKing7

Hi Kenny,

The one in the clearance, is it a open boxed one?

I just saw the offer for QE55Q80R which comes with 300 pounds credit for a second tv.

If I wish to go ahead with this offer what is the best samsung tv with in this 300 pounds budget.

Would you mind sending me a link which shows the remote of the samsung as on your website couldn't find a picture of the remote.

Thank you.

Hi Kenny,

The one in the clearance, is it a open boxed one?

I just saw the offer for QE55Q80R which comes with 300 pounds credit for a second tv.

If I wish to go ahead with this offer what is the best samsung tv with in this 300 pounds budget.

Would you mind sending me a link which shows the remote of the samsung as on your website couldn't find a picture of the remote.

Thank you.
    Hi LionKing7.

If you click the link below and scroll down half way you will see a picture of the remote on Samsung's own website:
    https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/uhdtv-ru7410/UE43RU7410UXXU/

The link below is for the user manual, page 16 shows the standard remote and page 18 shows the Smart remote and their functions:
    http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201903/20190319123137954/BN68-09493J-00_URU7400G_XU_ENG_190208.2.pdf

Samsung are still running the money off a 2nd TV promo until 3rd March.
    The 43RU7410 in clearance was a customer return. It is fully reboxed and in 100% condition. With the £300 back from Samsung this would be a fantastic TV for £50.

There is the lesser spec 43RU7100 coming in at £319
    https://www.richersounds.com/samsung-ue43ru7100.html

The 43RU7400 coming in at £419. This is the same spec as the 7410 but it has a Black frame
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203958-samsung-ue43ru7400-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-tvplus.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can I ask, this £300 back, is it in the form of a voucher for a 2nd TV?

Or a plain old £300 cash back?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can I ask, this £300 back, is it in the form of a voucher for a 2nd TV?

Or a plain old £300 cash back?
    Hi NIMAN,

You have to buy both items together then claim the cashback amount directly from Samsung. As far as I'm aware they give the money back via bank transfer but you don't get a voucher, you get the cash.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.