Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rhinoplasty Medical Card

• 14-02-2020 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I am out of work due to severe mental health issues.

When I was young I had awful trouble with my nose and it scraped.

I still cannot breath properly through my nose and being 100% honest I hate the way it looks. It has quite a noticeable hump.

I have severe issues with how perceive my body and I cant stand being in photos or looking at myself in the mirror.

So yes it is mostly for cosmetic reasons (but only so i can have peace of mind).

Is there anyway this can be covered under medical card?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I am out of work due to severe mental health issues.

When I was young I had awful trouble with my nose and it scraped.

I still cannot breath properly through my nose and being 100% honest I hate the way it looks. It has quite a noticeable hump.

I have severe issues with how perceive my body and I cant stand being in photos or looking at myself in the mirror.

So yes it is mostly for cosmetic reasons (but only so i can have peace of mind).

Is there anyway this can be covered under medical card?

Thank you.

If you can't breath through your nose a rhinoplasty may be required. I'm not sure if you need additional work for appearance but a rhinoplasty won't alter that afaik

Advertisement