Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More proof that enviromentalism is morphing into a nihilistic death cult.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Haha the picture of her really caught me off guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Haha the picture of her really caught me off guard.

You'd expect to see her in the mosh pit at a Cannibal Corpse concert . The standards of higher education have slipped a lot, anyone can be a professor these days evidently, as long as they are on board with certain hard pressed agendas. Patricia is everything rolled into one fanatical freakshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bat sh1t crazy, looks it too and actually like a bat....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Given her look and the chirpy tone of her grim message - I think she is swimming in Edge-lord waters and simply looking for a reaction to her stupid thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Greta got a new do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I would put an each-way bet for extream environmentalists to become the next terrorist group.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

You have an unhealthy obsession with these things Jimmy, seriously some of your rantings, often in the middle of the night, post after post like you're on some 48hr cocaine bender, are actually quite worrying.

You have an unhealthy obsession with these things Jimmy, seriously some of your rantings, often in the middle of the night, post after post like you're on some 48hr cocaine bender, are actually quite worrying.

That's the third or fourth time that you have suggested that I, a perfect stranger to you, am a user of class A drugs. Projection of your own issues maybe? Plenty of people post late at night on forums. Unlike you I have been too busy to post anything for several weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

She's no Yvonne De Carlo, but I like her. She's kind of technically correct inasmuch as the planet probably would be better off without us, but whatcha gonna do. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

What else would you expect from the author of Ecosophical Aesthetics?

• Advertisement

I must have read a different article. Thought she made some reasonable points.

Just added her book to my 'To Read' list.

was zhe always a zhe i wonders

mariaalice wrote: »
    I would put an each-way bet for extream environmentalists to become the next terrorist group.

They are being given plenty of scope by authorities to develop into one that's for sure. Only a matter of time before the more extreme end of it starts killing people. They are dehumanising everyone including themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭francois

One person does not a movement make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Lag, exponential, stationary, death.

We humans are just doing what comes natural to any colony, and such fit perfectly into the order of things.

Big Pat just has to wait a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

I think she makes a good point. The world would be a better place without humans. Especially white males. We're a scourge on the planet to our fellow humans and the environment. Of course people pass comment on her gender and appearance. The easy go to's

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Attack the post, not the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

She's a vampire obviously. This is their power play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Humanity should die off. According to professor Patricia McCormack and outlined in her book The Ahuman Manifesto. The inference is that white men should be first in line for the cull, of course, followed by heterosexuals and able bodied people. Hard to believe that nihilistic whack jobs like Patricia are being taken seriously, but they are...

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/cambridge-professor-thinks-should-human-17684215

Its like these professors just like triggering society and making themselves look like they are just crazies.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Its like these professors just like triggering society and making themselves look like they are just crazies.

Cambridge is supposed to be the second best university in the UK after Oxford in rankings. The fact that they employed a homage to Marilyn Manson that wants humanity to perish is worrying. No offense to Marilyn Manson btw, he is sane in comparison.

• Advertisement

I think she makes a good point. The world would be a better place without humans. Especially white males. We're a scourge on the planet to our fellow humans and the environment. Of course people pass comment on her gender and appearance. The easy go to's

Nobody has an issue with her gender. If you were a solicitor, just for example, you wouldn't go to work dressed like a clown, nobody would take you seriously. As I said, the standards in higher education are slipping.... into oblivion.

Nobody has an issue with her gender. If you were a solicitor, just for example, you wouldn't go to work dressed like a clown, nobody would take you seriously. As I said, the standards in higher education are slipping.... into oblivion.

So if it was an old white man who was dressed up in a suit you wouldn't mind the message... Figures I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

She’s a f*cking dope but she’s hardly representative of all climate change scientists. It’s a bit silly picking out one odd ball in funny clothes and then going ‘ha I told you this climate change stuff was nonsense!’ while ignoring mountains of scientific evidence. The fact she has silly make-up on doesn’t negate the fact that we’re in deep sh*t environmentally with increasingly erratic weather patterns and a massive risk that life as we know it on Earth will be threatened in a shorter time than many realise.

It was 20 degrees in Antarctica yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

FTA69 wrote: »
    She’s a f*cking dope but she’s hardly representative of all climate change scientists. It’s a bit silly picking out one odd ball in funny clothes and then going ‘ha I told you this climate change stuff was nonsense!’ while ignoring mountains of scientific evidence. The fact she has silly make-up on doesn’t negate the fact that we’re in deep sh*t environmentally with increasingly erratic weather patterns and a massive risk that life as we know it on Earth will be threatened in a shorter time than many realise.

It was 20 degrees in Antarctica yesterday.

Just like to point out that she's not a climate scientist, in fact she's not even a scientist full stop.

So if it was an old white man who was dressed up in a suit you wouldn't mind the message... Figures I guess

It doesn't matter. An old white man in a suit spouting the same 'message' would be just as disturbed and deranged as that woman in bdsm gear. The people most obsessed to an unhealthy degree about gender are the ones on the edge of their seat waiting to be offended by the very mention of it, thin skinned attention seekers with a perpetual spoiled brat mentality who find it difficult to function as adults in the real world outside collage campuses.

It doesn't matter. An old white man in a suit spouting the same 'message' would be just as disturbed and deranged as that woman in bdsm gear. The people most obsessed to an unhealthy degree about gender are the ones on the edge of their seat waiting to be offended by the very mention of it, thin skinned attention seekers with a perpetual spoiled brat mentality who find it difficult to function as adults in the real world outside collage campuses.

What has she said that's so wrong? We're hurtling towards disaster we're overpopulated and over consuming the planet to death. Drastic change needs to be made

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭endainoz

It's a click bait headline so you made a click bait thread title. Using words like Nihilistic cult for some reason, is that due to her appearance or what?

Place would be a lot better without us by the way but of course it's a hypothetical idea. Like a world without consumerism or materialistic need, or a world without money at all.

What has she said that's so wrong? We're hurtling towards disaster we're overpopulated and over consuming the planet to death. Drastic change needs to be made

She literally wants humanity to perish. That's extreme and deranged, her employers at Cambridge University should be asking themselves if they made the right decision.

She literally wants humanity to perish. That's extreme and deranged, her employers at Cambridge University should be asking themselves if they made the right decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭endainoz

Looks like your not the target market for this one Jimmy, definitely not for me either. Views are a bit too extreme, id prefer for people to look into more regenerative agriculture and renewable energy as I still don't think we're gone too far beyond the point of no return.

What's really ironic here is that you called her attention seeking.

Fair play to you for giving her attention, I hadn't heard of her until now.

Advertisement