Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ElmHGIpW0AE_NzR?format=jpg&name=medium

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Good to see our incident rate starting to fall again.

Does anyone remember if they were going to review the "lockdown" after 4 weeks? I have that notion in my head.

Does anyone remember if they were going to review the "lockdown" after 4 weeks? I have that notion in my head.

Yes, but the review was more to do with the 5km limits, home visits and funerals and weddings as far as I know. Retail was specifically mentioned, but that could change. My understanding was they wanted the figures below 100 for a number of weeks before they would put us back to level 3.

We've embarrassed ourselves, can't even point at Wexford. Wonder what's up.

ElrBTZwW0AAUFnk?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

The only way people can stop the spread is if they are extremely paranoid about it and avoid everyone.

It can only be that people are not cutting down their social interactions to absolutely minimum levels as advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

Embarrassed ourselves? What does that even mean?

The recent rise in cases here is down to family clusters, I know two families in particular, a family of 5 and a family of 4 who have all been positive in the last few days. There was another family I know where all 5 of them had a positive result over last weekend .

/steps back from Aquos76 posts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The recent rise in cases here is down to family clusters, I know two families in particular, a family of 5 and a family of 4 who have all been positive in the last few days. There was another family I know where all 5 of them had a positive result over last weekend .

It’s a flu, no different to a flu any other year. People need to get real with this thing. People can do everything right and still pick it up. Who cares who gets it? Anyone who‘s unfortunate enough to pick this thing up has nothing to be ashamed of.

• Advertisement

Motivator wrote: »
    It’s a flu, no different to a flu any other year. People need to get real with this thing. People can do everything right and still pick it up. Who cares who gets it? Anyone who‘s unfortunate enough to pick this thing up has nothing to be ashamed of.

Where did I attach any blame to anyone, if that’s the way it has come across I genuinely apologise as that’s certainly not what I meant. I was merely saying this would explain the rise in numbers in Waterford lately. You are dead right in the last line of your post, and I respect your opinion of it being “a flu” however I don’t agree with you.

Less than 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Still have 2 people in critical care in WRH. 7 in Hospital.
    38 General beds and 2 critical care beds available.

Saw WRH mentioned in this article ref overcrowding
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/hospitals-use-last-resort-measure-to-handle-overcrowding-1-900-times-in-a-year-1.4397532?_ga=2.98959390.1482411135.1604317155-1337609074.1602931334

Full Capacity Protocol (FCP) is the final step in a hospital’s escalation plans and involves additional beds being placed on wards and in hallways to reduce the number of people in EDs. In some hospitals the protocol is being used more than once every three days.

University Hospital Waterford deployed the measure on 208 days between September of last year and last September, according to Health Service Executive (HSE)figures obtained by the Irish Patients’ Association.
    University Hospital Limerick had the second highest rate of protocol usage at 184 days, followed by University Hospital Galway (176 days).

El1m9IwXUAAnKCO?format=jpg&name=small

10 cases in WRH +3
    1 in Critical Care -1
    and 1 suspected in critical care.

Hope it's a discharge due to getting better rather than 1 of the 3 deaths listed for ICU

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid-19-daily-operations-update-20-00-2-november-2020.pdf

16 which sounds "ok-ish" but it's one of the top 5 counties.

El6r9VpWMAIWcpa?format=jpg&name=small

So having been behind the infection curve we're now behind the drop of infection curve,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,445 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

16 which sounds "ok-ish" but it's one of the top 5 counties.
    So having been behind the infection curve we're now behind the drop of infection curve,

what hell is going on there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Heard a certain community has tested positive and is not isolating.......

9 cases in WRH -1
    1 in Critical Care No change
    and 0 suspected in critical care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Heard a certain community has tested positive and is not isolating.......

The Amish?

The Amish?

They're way too nice for covid

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Amish?

Heard it was the crab people of Tramore beach that got it

444, 5 in Wateford

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Whilst browsing the daily numbers, spreadsheets & incidence rates etc. spare a thought for the homeless during all of this...
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/1105/1176093-homeless-report/

Or the growing mental health effects of the ongoing restrictions...
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/afraid-frozen-stuck-the-mental-health-pandemic-and-how-to-fight-it-1.4388578

And the chilling rise in domestic violence...
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1027/1174285-gardai-domestic-violence/

Here is a fruit for the crows to pluck
    For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
    For the sun to rot, for the tree to drop
    Here is a strange and bitter crop

"Strange Fruit" - Billie Holiday

Whilst browsing the daily numbers, spreadsheets & incidence rates etc. spare a thought for the homeless during all of this...
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/1105/1176093-homeless-report/

Or the growing mental health effects of the ongoing restrictions...
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/afraid-frozen-stuck-the-mental-health-pandemic-and-how-to-fight-it-1.4388578

And the chilling rise in domestic violence...
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1027/1174285-gardai-domestic-violence/

Here is a fruit for the crows to pluck
    For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
    For the sun to rot, for the tree to drop
    Here is a strange and bitter crop

"Strange Fruit" - Billie Holiday

these issues have existed in our society indefinitely, we have decided its best not to truly deal with them, covid and our subsequent lockdowns are only truly highlighting and exasperating them, not creating them

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    these issues have existed in our society indefinitely, we have decided its best not to truly deal with them, covid and our subsequent lockdowns are only truly highlighting and exasperating them, not creating them

And the most galling part is when Covid eventually subsides, the aforementioned issue will continue and no attempt will be made to deal with them.

And the most galling part is when Covid eventually subsides, the aforementioned issue will continue and no attempt will be made to deal with them.

disturbingly, its already happening, the services i interact with are already being scaled back, and they more than likely wont be expanded, after the fact

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    disturbingly, its already happening, the services i interact with are already being scaled back, and they more than likely wont be expanded, after the fact

Even more disturbing is the amount of money the Govt is spending during this Covid crisis (not criticising this BTW) yet I doubt even a fraction of this was spent in the areas of mental health, homelessness or domestic violence pre Covid or will be post Covid. These problems are only paid lip service in the greater scheme of things yet each of these issues could quite easily affect a large proportion of the GP either now or in the future @ some point in their lives.

• Advertisement

Even more disturbing is the amount of money the Govt is spending during this Covid crisis (not criticising this BTW) yet I doubt even a fraction of this was spent in the areas of mental health, homelessness or domestic violence pre Covid or will be post Covid. These problems are only paid lip service in the greater scheme of things yet each of these issues could quite easily affect a large proportion of the GP either now or in the future @ some point in their lives.

absolutely agree, and theres nothing stopping them from borrowing even more, to try begin to deal with these issues

Advertisement