Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

<5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

22-11-2020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Why do people think these vaccines will work perfectly and allow life to go back to normal next year? There are many many hurdles before we get to that point. Most critically, the data hasnt even been independently and objectively reviewed yet. The results may only last for a few weeks on certain age groups. What about long term side effects? Allergic reactions? The regulatory approvals? Rolling out and transporting the vaccines at low temperatures?

We are far from out of the woods yet.

I'd agree that there's a very, very long road ahead. Probably filled with many unexpected twists and turns. Suppose we can only but hope for the best. But as you say there are lots of unknowns and variables to take into account. As we enter the last week of this current Lockdown light, or I heard it called the "ah sure it will be grand" lockdown, it will be interesting to see how things play out over Christmas.

The latest results for the Oxford Astra-Zeneca vaccine are very good for logistics - can be stored at standard fridge temps - 4C. However it's probably going to be aimed at the third world first and foremost as it's going to be sold at cost - a fiver a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

The latest results for the Oxford Astra-Zeneca vaccine are very good for logistics - can be stored at standard fridge temps - 4C. However it's probably going to be aimed at the third world first and foremost as it's going to be sold at cost - a fiver a shot.

That vaccine is supposedly only 70% effective.

• Advertisement

90% with a dose and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

90% with a dose and a half.

Take two doses for 110% effectiveness?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dr Tony is losing the plot, bloody worry index ?

Time too throw in the towel and live with this virus, the vaccine is on its way and people just want too live me included

Less of the "yellow vest" thanks. The fact the vaccine is close is a good reason to stay alert and disciplined.

Less than 5 again.

23-11-2020.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Dr Tony is losing the plot, bloody worry index ?

Time too throw in the towel and live with this virus, the vaccine is on its way and people just want too live me included

Wait. So because the vaccine is on the way we should remove all restrictions so that we can squeeze as many deaths as possible out of Covid before it arrives?

Wut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I'd agree that there's a very, very long road ahead. Probably filled with many unexpected twists and turns. Suppose we can only but hope for the best. But as you say there are lots of unknowns and variables to take into account. As we enter the last week of this current Lockdown light, or I heard it called the "ah sure it will be grand" lockdown, it will be interesting to see how things play out over Christmas.

Careful you don’t worry yourself to death there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,444 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Careful you don’t worry yourself to death there.

tis true though, we ve no idea what hurdles lie ahead with this virus, the vaccine situation looks fantastic, its actually extremely impressive to see the whole global scientific community come together to try resolve it, its actually showing, when the sh1t hits the fan globally, we are actually capable of coming together to try resolve them, but we still have to get the vaccines through all the test hurdles, then all the production and distribution hurdles, it ll be while

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Take two doses for 110% effectiveness?
    Yeah like wearing two condoms to be sure to be sure......

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

anyone any idea why the kilkenny cases had such a spoke yesterday, Seems too sudden to be coincidence

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

frank8211 wrote: »
    anyone any idea why the kilkenny cases had such a spoke yesterday, Seems too sudden to be coincidence

Coz when they found out that their playing the Deise in the SHC semi's they realised that they had a bye into the final so they went out celebrating!!!

7 cases which would be grand if it wasn't for most of the rest of the class being A grade

Enm08AzXMAotgaH?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It's not a competition.

24-11-2020.jpg

CUH on last nights report also had 0 vacant Critical Care beds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

JPA wrote: »
    It's not a competition.

Nothing wrong with viewing these numbers from a competitive viewpoint imo. (not that Harry was)

Nothing wrong with feeling a little embarrassed by high numbers, and proud of low numbers.
    If that's what motivates people to behave sensibly then I'm all for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,444 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

kuang1 wrote:
    Nothing wrong with feeling a little embarrassed by high numbers, and proud of low numbers. If that's what motivates people to behave sensibly then I'm all for it.

I somehow seriously doubt it does, I've certainly never felt those type of feelings throughout this thing, just concerned when the numbers rose, seeing it as a competition is just a bit weird imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

kuang1 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with viewing these numbers from a competitive viewpoint imo. (not that Harry was)

Nothing wrong with feeling a little embarrassed by high numbers, and proud of low numbers.
    If that's what motivates people to behave sensibly then I'm all for it.

Lol, absolutely hilarious. Why would anyone be personally embarrassed by their counties numbers.

It was a quip, nothing more. Sometimes you are a difficult audience.

25-11-2020.jpg

26-11-2020.jpg

Latest LEA Data

10-11-to-23-11.jpg

Waterford city south includes Templars Hall by any chance?

Waterford city south includes Templars Hall by any chance?

Does a bear sh*t in the woods? :D

En2RHlMXMAA9lTo?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement

27-11-2020.jpg

Advertisement